View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
smokeymcpot42088 said:
^I thought of that thread too.

Anyone remember how the poster had no fear posting pictures of storefronts and exact store names and addresses? He even laughed off the notion of a police bust, because of the size of the immigrant community he believed police would never enforce drug laws against them. Opps.

Yeah, and here is the kicker...I basically called him a moron for thinking it was opium or anything to do with a psychoactive. instead I told him it had to be curry powder. Hahahahahaha. Well, you will not see this alot: RACHAMIM WAS DEAD WRONG.

Some of you should frame it.

They could have been selling poppy pods at a flower shop a few blocks down and they wouldnt have bothered them. I guess it does all come down to intent and also brown people selling stuff is going to attract more attention anyday.

I still can't believe how much of a waste of time this is. It's not like there isn't enough crime in toronto and the areas outside it to keep police busy. Hey not like people are getting shot or anything right 8) . No police have to go bust some plant matter that people will get high off in the privacy of their own home while harming noone.

djfriendly said:
Nothing spruces up the appearance of my living room like a nice vase full of brown powder. 8)

If you search around here, you can find some more threads on this topic. There's even one archived thread somewhere in which someone from Canada was writing about buying and using the stuff. Everybody jumped down his neck for claiming he was buying an opium product in an herbal store.
We had a different thread in DiTM about this same topic. I actually mentioned that thread, since it was the first thing I thought of. I don't think I thought the OP in that thread was bullshitting, at least not completely. Wasn't opium, just ground up pods/stems.

I used to buy from these places a few years back, i'm from around TO ... the one "florist" i bought from was totally a front, completely with a (semi) armed guard always there, a few guys milling around a store the size of a closet, with bars on the window and a barricaded door. A few pots and ancient dusty dried goods sat around. White people were only allowed to buy boxes of various kinds of pods in boxes labelled "floral products" and then indians were allowed to buy $20 baggies. The guy had zero qualms about lecturing me on getting a few other people in my area addicted to pay for my supply. The people hanging out were always smoking red shale in joints padded with tobacco, right in front of me. I mean, I look like a cop although i'm not one and that wasn't a big deal for them.

Its ironic because a couple of days before this bust happened I was talking to a guy about the place and named it exactly. It wasn't one in this bust - it closed down a while ago and wasn't in the area named. But I thought the guy was a cop at the time although the setting I met him in was a little off for him to be one. But anyways, it just feels weird to me that that discussion took place (I named the place after he claimed "he couldn't remember the name but shopped there") ... bleh. As with any opiate addicted community, another one will step up instantly. Other than the nazi approach to out of control addiction (death or slave labor) its very hard to root out hardcore addicted communities, esp. if their faith or beliefs is in on it.

The big thing that gets me though is how many of the customers were truck drivers he claimed took it to stay awake. First time I did pods I drove the next day and got pulled over for weaving on the highway, got a $600 ticket. Definitely not a good thing to drive on.

paranoid android said:
They could have been selling poppy pods at a flower shop a few blocks down and they wouldnt have bothered them. I guess it does all come down to intent and also brown people selling stuff is going to attract more attention anyday.

I agree with the rest of your post but these shops were going much farther then flower shops or even online vendors, they were selling pods by "taste" probably meaning bitterness and were also selling them pre-ground into powder.

Yeah, it was on CTV news.......I almost lost it when I heard this story. This fucking moron is going to lead Canada on a path to perma-ban even fresh poppies/dried poppies inside of floral stores................won't that be nice???

why would you grind it up, sell it to customers, and then expect anything other than bad news?

also I found it funny that the reporter that was on the News reported that cab drivers and truckers are using it as a "stimulant"..................what?
I mean euphoric for a little while - sure
but a stimulant to stay awake?????

I drink the tea frequently and have never had trouble falling into a peaceful sleep

Doda

I guess white guys can't buy this stuff? Must be too much of a heat-score...
Will cabbies help you out? :\

First DMT seizure by police in Western Australia

First DMT seizure by police in Western Australia
December 4, 2008

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24751092-948,00.html

WA POLICE have made what is thought to be WA's first seizure of the hallucinogenic drug DMT, and arrested three men.

Police yesterday seized two grams of the drug, known as dimethyltryptamine, and arrested three men after raiding two properties in Denmark and Walpole, in the South of WA.

Police were called into investigate after a patient was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected drug overdose of the drug.

"We believe this may be the first seizure of DMT by police in WA . . . And we also believe it is the first arrest as a result of this drug," Denmark Sergeant Dave Dench told PerthNow this afternoon.

"This is new (to WA). It's not new to the world. . . it's been used for 300 or 400 years overseas, but it's new to WA. We have never come across this in WA before.

``Even though we've only seized 2 grams, the fact that we've locked up three men, we believe we've put quite a dint in the potential for this drug to hit Denmark in large quantities."

DMT is extracted from the bark of certain trees and is manufactured during a "complex cooking process". Once "cooked", the yellow-coloured drug takes a crystalline or powder form. It is usually smoked, sometimes by lacing cannabis with the drug, police say.

Sgt Dench said intelligence suggested that the drug was being sold in 1 gram packages for $200.

He said chemists believed that each "dose" was 15 to 25 mg.

"Our concern is that if someone who hasn't taken the drug before and doesn't know anything about it and takes 1 gram, which is way over the dosage that chemists recommend is sufficient, then it may potentially have some major health effects for them."

He said police did not have any evidence that the drug, which is believed to have originated in South America, had been manufactured in the South West or from local trees.

"There are about six or seven types of tree that this substance can be extracted from....But we don't have any direct intelligence to suggest it's been cooked locally," he said.

A 25-year-old Walpole man will be charged by summons with supplying a prohibited drug (DMT), possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and one count of possessing cannabis.

A 22-year-old man from Denmark will be charged by summons with one count of possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and possessing a smoking implement.

The third man, a 23-year-old from Denmark, will be charged by summons for possessing cannabis and possessing a smoking implement.

The three men will appear in Albany Magistrates Court in January.

Good luck smoking 1g of DMT, I have trouble holding down 15mg.

^yeh seriously.

its so sad to see all these recent DMT arrests.
but it was bound to happen with how popular the drug has become in recent past.

lol they find 2 grams of DMT and think they have put a dint in the market.

And no way has that drug been imported. I probably cant walk a km in any direction and not come accross a wattle tree. Aussie has them everywhere.

EDIT
Prob not imported anyway,

Last edited:
There is too much I wrong with this article to say anything about it.

New to WA you fucking fools. lol its beent here for years and years. i know 100's of have smoked it there 100's of times.
Man DMT is all over Australia its in soo many plants!

British troops seize £50m of Taliban narcotics

British troops seize £50m of Taliban narcotics

Richard Norton-Taylor
The Guardian, Wednesday 18 February 2009

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/18/taliban-british-troops-drugs

Seven hundred British troops seized four Taliban narcotics factories containing £50m of drugs and killed 20 enemy fighters in an operation in southern Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence said today.

Operation Diesel, which took place earlier this month but was revealed today, involved marine commandos, infantry, an airborne assault, and "phantom threats" to distract the enemy, the MoD said.

Overwhelming firepower forced the enemy to flee the area in the Upper Sangin valley, Helmand province where opium and heroin factories provided funding for the Taliban, the MoD said.

Earlier, it announced the death of a soldier from 1st Battalion The Rifles, who died of wounds received after his foot patrol came under fire south of Lashkar Gah, capital of Helmand. His death took the total number of British personnel killed in Afghanistan since 2001 to 145.

Operation Diesel, which also involved Afghan forces, took place between 6 and 11 February. A reconnaissance force climbed to high ground overlooking their targets. An armoured group had already moved further north, diverting Taliban from the area the troops intended to attack.

The raid was launched at 1am on 7 February. In just 20 minutes two waves of helicopters dropped more than 500 commandos 800 metres from enemy positions. Snipers fired at enemy forces fleeing the area. Troops recovered more than 400kg of raw opium in one drug factory and nearly 800kg of heroin in another.

John Hutton, the defence secretary, praised the British troops. He said the seizure of £50m of narcotics would "starve the Taliban of funding preventing the proliferation of drugs and terror in the UK".

Mexico Navy seizes seven tonnes of cocaine: president

Mexico Navy seizes seven tonnes of cocaine: president

Sydney Morning Herald
February 16, 2009

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mexico-navy-seizes-seven-tonnes-of-cocaine-president-20090216-88el.html

Mexico and the United States have intercepted a ship in international waters carrying nearly seven tonnes of cocaine and have arrested five crew members, Mexican President Felipe Calderon says.

Calderon did not provide further details of the Pacific Ocean seizure during a speech on Sunday in southwestern Chilpancingo.

Secretary of the Navy Mariano Francisco Saynez said the ship was intercepted with the aid of the US Coast Guard.

Saynez said a Mexican Navy patrol boat would arrive at Puerto de Salina Cruz in (the southeastern state of) Oaxaca, carrying around seven tonnes of confiscated cocaine and five crew members.

He said the five men were all suspected Mexican drug traffickers who were "arrested aboard the Polar I fishing vessel in international waters of the Pacific Ocean the past weekend."

He said the high-sea interception was "coordinated with a ship of the United States Coast Guard, who turned over the detainees and the drug shipment in international waters."

Saynez did not say under which flag the fishing vessel was sailing.

The drug bust was the biggest in Mexico since 23 tonnes of cocaine were seized at the Pacific port facility of Manzanillo in October 2007.

Since Calderon took office in December 2006 and vowed to stem drug trafficking, more than 70 tonnes of cocaine have been seized by authorities across the country, according to official data.

Considering the consumption of cocaine in America is estimated to be over 350 tonnes (sometimes as high as over 1000 tonnes), they've seized a whopping 2% of this year's consumables.

70 tonnes of cocaine in two years is likely less than 10% of the annual amount imported... and Mexican drug syndicates import the majority of American cocaine.

Smoke and mirrors.

Let's say that the widely held average number of American regular cocaine (at least once a month) users of 1.5-2 million per year is true, and that they use on average 200mg of pure cocaine a day. That's 350kg of cocaine per day or 127,750kg per year -- that's 128 tonnes per year for the regular cocaine users. Another roughly 1.3 million use cocaine more casually. If this is based on self-reported usage, the actual numbers are probably much, much higher -- an Italian study comparing forensic amounts of cocaine recovered from the sewage system found that the amounts of cocaine actually being used were several fold that being self-reported by the general population.

The demand for cocaine simply from the user base is at least 150 tonnes per year at the consumer level -- probably much more. Where there is a demand, there will be a market and subsequent importation. Cocaine is as American as apple pie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.