• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nastiness from PMA can also include increased pulse rate and blood pressure, increased and labored respiration, elevated body temperature, erratic eye movements, muscle spasms, nausea, and heightened visual stimulation. Higher doses can produce cardiac arrhythmia, breathing problems, pulmonary congestion, renal failure, hypothermia, vomiting, convulsions, coma, and possibly death.

These are the only positive effects I could find, plus a little erowidian info....

PMA has been used as a recreational psychoactive (primarily in the 70s), at doses around 50 mg. Unfortunately, more often it has been sold as MDA or MDMA (ecstasy). The dosages for MDMA (80-160 mg) are significantly higher than those of PMA. At 60-80 mg, PMA can become extremely dangerous, causing increased blood temperature and blood pressure. In recent cases, PMA has been sold as ecstasy, in pressed pill form indistinguishable from ecstasy and at unknown dosages.

POSITIVE
increase in energy (stimulation)
minor visuals

NEUTRAL
general change in consciousness (as with most psychoactives)
pupil dilation
erratic eye movements

From Here

At least the nickname is appropriate... evil shites could have killed dozens of people if someone got the idea to double drop or mix pills :(

--- G.

I used to know this wierd real tripped out guy who only slept once or twice a week. Anyway, he loved PMA. He thought ecstacy was shit because of the comedown. He used to down those PMA tablets like they were candy. So i suppose there is a legitimate market for PMA :/

^^The huge difference here is that guy knew he was taking PMA, I would guess most deaths from this drug are caused because people receive PMA instead of MDxx.

PMA is also an MAOI correct? If that is so, selling it as ecstacy is really a horrible idea if it is mixed with just about any other drug. I think I got a PMA pill once, it was strange, like weak ecstacy. Probably the reason so many die from it. This girl in Illinois named Sara Aechilmann died from a PMA overdose and that justified stricter penalties for ecstacy. I'm happy this pound of PMA has been seized. Why does ecstacy have to be similar to SOOOOOO many fucking drugs?!?

PMA is not a MAOI. It's a substituted amphetamine, like MDMA. Difference is PMA has a much higher affinity for some of the adrenic receptors, leading to dangerous increases of blood pressure, far more so than what MDMA causes. Death often results from a stroke or heart attack.

PMA acts quite similarly to MDMA at low doses; it has a much longer comeup however (on the order of 1-2 hrs rather than the 30mins - 1 hour for MDMA), leading many users to assume their pill was weak and have 2 or more to make up for the difference.

Largest single heroin seizure in California history

Record heroin bust
OC News
February 16, 2007

Drug enforcement officials say the seizure is the largest of its kind in California history. Six suspects, four from Mexico, are arrested.

ANAHEIM – The working-class neighborhood near Anaheim Plaza was once known for drug dealing and crime.

It was a place where out-of-town buyers and out-of-state dealers did business on a regular basis during the '70s and '80s.

In the past two decades, however, the neighbors and the city had worked to clean it up.

Drug dealing still took place from time to time. It was no surprise Friday to neighbors who heard about a recent drug seizure.

But they were taken aback after hearing that the Wednesday bust at a home in the 1400 block of Chevy Chase Drive found enough Mexican brown heroin to make it the largest seizure of its kind in California history.

Federal and drug officials confiscated 121 pounds of heroin, 34 pounds of marijuana and 3 pounds of what is believed to be methamphetamine, along with $3,500 in cash stuffed inside closets and cabinets in the home and garage.

Agents arrested four Mexican nationals and two Anaheim women.

Four boys and a girl, all 10 and younger, were also at the home. They are now with child protective services.

The heroin alone would have been worth as much as $6 million on the street, officials announced Friday in a news conference.

The heroin would have provided 700,000 doses ready to be injected.

"This would've been out in the street affecting 700,000 people," said William J. Hayes, assistant special agent in charge for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "You can see the significant impact this would've had."

Officials said they didn't disclose the information about the drug bust earlier because they believed it would jeopardize their investigation.

It started Wednesday afternoon when a suspicious-looking vehicle tipped off border agents, officials said. Agents later determined the vehicle carried five bundles of heroin.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents alerted immigration enforcement agents, who followed the vehicle from the border to the Anaheim home and joined U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents and Anaheim and Irvine police to raid the home.

The children at the home were sleeping when officials made the bust.

An Anaheim police helicopter hovered above the home as agents, some with dogs, handcuffed the suspects and searched the home.

Police arrested Luis Alcantar-Zepeda, 28; Jose Casares-Macias, 22; Rosendo Churape-Cardenas, 37; and Jairo Ortiz-Diaz, 26, all of Michoacán, Mexico, officials said.

The children's mothers, Rosa Soto, 26, and Jacqueline Pimentel, 31, both of Anaheim, were also arrested, officials said.

The relationships between the women and the men are unclear, officials said. All face felony possession with intent to distribute charges and could get life in prison sentences, if convicted.

"These people were significant players in this organization," Hayes said.

It's unclear, however, how large the organization is and whether it has links to any large Mexican drug cartels.

Agents are investigating whether the organization had links to Michoacán, where all of the male suspects are from.

The heroin's purity is also unclear, and the drug will undergo testing that will ultimately determine its potency and even the origins of the poppies from which it was produced.

Investigators say the material that is believed to be methamphetamine crossed the border already packaged. Officials have seen a trend of packaged methamphetamine coming from south of the border, where ingredients, such as ephedrine, are easier to obtain than they are in the U.S., which has laws restricting sales of potential ingredients.

Local officials said they didn't recognize the branding on the packaging – a smiling sun with rays. Some organizations have used devils and stars in the past.

"I can tell you there's more than six people involved in this," Hayes said. "This is obviously a major investigation."

On Friday, neighbors recalled the bad days of crime and drug dealing. Since then, the neighborhood went quiet, they said. Anaheim police said they have received only 25 calls for service since 2005.

Neighbors said they didn't know the men who lived at the house. They were the latest tenants of the one-story rental home, they added.

Alicia Martinez, a 20-year Chevy Chase Drive resident who lives next door to the home, said she warned the owner last year that she was suspicious about the tenants going in and out of the house.

They had used newspapers to cover the front windows, she said.

"I told the owner there's something weird going on in there," Martinez said.

Link

n4k33n said:
Record heroin bust
OC News
February 16, 2007

Federal and drug officials confiscated 121 pounds of heroin, 34 pounds of marijuana and 3 pounds of what is believed to be methamphetamine, along with $3,500 in cash stuffed inside closets and cabinets in the home and garage.

Link

^^^^Wow thats alot of product, these people will most likely spend the next 20 plus years in Federal prison8(

n4k33n said:

"This would've been out in the street affecting 700,000 people," said William J. Hayes, assistant special agent in charge for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "You can see the significant impact this would've had."

Or, it could have supplied about 300 addicts for a year. 8)

SteeleyJ said:
Thats one hellofalot of heroin.

I wonder why they only had $3500.

prolly because they had all that smack. just reupped or something, had to sell it off

thats a ton of smack...i feel bad for the cali ppl this will affect

I feel bad for them as well. This will definetely temporarily stop dope in its tracks. No pun intended.

"This would've been out in the street affecting 700,000 people,"

If heroin is so addictive, then people would be doing multiple doses. Thus not directly affecting such an inflated number. Tards.

Status
Not open for further replies.