• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

2nd round exit. That type of basketball will work in the regular season, especially when you're playing as hard
as you can every night (most good teams don't do that).

haha - very true. shiyeet, the high caliber NBA teams even rest the fuck outta their players. look at the Spurs and also LBJ taking those 2-3 weeks off to rest his body up (and prolly get back on his steroid cycle, too)

I think it's funny every season people think teams like golden state, Houston, and the clippers actually have a legitimate chance of winning a title. Anyone who really watches basketball will tell you it's coming down to Cleveland, San Antonio, OKC, Chicago, and Memphis. All of those teams are built perfectly for the playoffs

are you sold on OKC's possibility to make a deep play off run, tho? sure they KD and Westbrook (and "Neon" Dion Waiters), but they will no doubt be playing every single NBA Playoff game on the road. even though I'm sure you know far more about the sport of baskety hoops than me: but I consider Houston and Golden State to be legitimate contenders this year. GSW for their back court and Houston because how well James Hardin is playing

I agree with your Final 5 contenders - although for some reason I don't have enough confidence in the Bulls to put them that high, despite their fantastic record

Memphis is my fave team in the West, due to Mike Fucking Conley & Vince Carter. I will officially be barracking for a Cleveland VS Memphis NBA Final match-up

I can 100% guarantee you right now Cleveland is going to the finals, and that's not even a smart prediction. Everyone should know that by now

it's hard to even imagine Cleveland losing at any point in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. as a Cavs fan, it was funny to see so many of the Lebron haters circle jerk each other over the former mediocrity of Cleveland's record. thanks to ESPN and their nanny cam set up in Lebron's bed room (for constant, up to date, breaking news announcements, of course) - all we heard from the man to the media was how the Cleveland Experiment would take some time to gel

for as long as Kevin Love does not play at all in the 4th quarter - the Cavs are a threat to win any game. altho the Eastern Conference will be a cake-walk for Cleveland; whichever team comes out of the brutally jaw-breaking Western Conference playoffs will be as equally read to NBA jam as Lebron & Kyrie

Last edited:
looks like the Cavs picked up "Big Baby" Kendrick Perkins

so this means no 15th roster spot for Ray Allen?

meh, the Cavs could use more defensive muscle (and a back-up for when Mozgov is resting) more than another dude who just chucks up shots and doesn't play a lick of defense

11 game home win streak

Timofey Mosgov is far and away the best free-agent acquisition from the Cavs this season

the Land handled Golden State tonight. LBJ went off with season-high points scored. hard to imagine CLE losing in the Finals but surely that is what's gonna end up happening this year right??

alright im over the KJ McDaniels trade.

Philly hasnt had a shooter like this since like 3 days ago ago. but as far as 3 point shooters, a while. since kyle korver really

every time he makes a shot I just think of that DJ Drama soundbite where he's like "cannon.....cannon"

pacers finally made it to the 8th seed. best record at 8-2 out of any teams' last 10 games. rodney stuckey has just been on fire lately. if they could make playoffs and paul george actually returns that'd be so sick. not gonna have high expectations or anything but it'd still be pretty fun.

dude I have always been a Rodney Stuckey fan - since when he first started out with the Pistons back in the day. dude is a str8 ballin PG

pacers finally made it to the 8th seed. best record at 8-2 out of any teams' last 10 games. rodney stuckey has just been on fire lately. if they could make playoffs and paul george actually returns that'd be so sick. not gonna have high expectations or anything but it'd still be pretty fun.

missed on the final game of the regular season
7.gif
15.gif

boy did blake choke last night. not a fan of gregg popovich calling to foul deandre jordan constantly because like the announcers said it just gives the clippers starters rest when the spurs bench is way better. major win for spurs to get that 1 tho

grizzlies>spurs
cavaliers>hawks

grizzlies>cavaliers

(i have $2 to win $42 on grizzlies)

wizards are gonna beat the hawks homygod

a was/cle conference final would be sick.

the warriors are pretty sick, Im a fuckin. hipster warriors fan. I remember giving some kind of speech about andre iguodala being exactly what they needed but with the addition of draymond green they are sick.

clippers are alright, but I dont see them beating the warriors. deandre wont have much of an impact on defense against a team with a lot of 3 point shooters. idk about Jj redick. hes alright I guess. id take klay thompson though

and the clippers have no bench. besides jamal crawford seriously who even comes out for them. Spencer hawes has been nowhere this year.

rockets can beat anybody, but they just seem full of, idk, bad omens. Harden is a great player, possibly the mvp this year, but they just dont seem committed to doing the little things to win championships

I hate memphis to be honest

and the hawks, because I didnt pick either of those teams to make the playoffs

I have a feeling the Sixers are going to draft D'Angelo Russel and id be pretty pumped to watch this team

pg - tony wroten
sg- d'angelo russel
sf- robert covington / jerami grant
pf- nerlens noel
c- joel embiid

have canaan as backup pg.

at least thatd be an entertaining team, really comes down to Embiid though. damn I want to see him play

Jerami Grant came on pretty strong once he got more playing time this year though. he throws it down pretty hard

such a damn shame, the east currently at its worst in forever and paul george misses basically the whole season. #1 seed atlanta hawks? not fooling anybody. cavs arent the real deal. bulls have been nothing to write home about since the d rose injuries.

West has this one on lock and I want that $42 so go grizzlies pls. that god dang orangatang draymond green and the splash brothers(wth kind of name is that lol).. pfft

if conley wasnt banged up that series would be finito.

such a damn shame, the east currently at its worst in forever and paul george misses basically the whole season. #1 seed atlanta hawks? not fooling anybody. cavs arent the real deal. bulls have been nothing to write home about since the d rose injuries.

West has this one on lock and I want that $42 so go grizzlies pls. that god dang orangatang draymond green and the splash brothers(wth kind of name is that lol).. pfft

if conley wasnt banged up that series would be finito.
Golden state put it on them tonight. I think Golden State wins the series in 7. I think the Clippers are the best team right now. But I do agree that the East is weak sauce and will struggle to win a game in the finals.

Watching this Cleveland chocago game 5 right now. Irving is extremely hobbled leaving Cleveland offensively impotent. If Lebron doesn't score 50 tonight cleveland is going to lose.

clippers - best starting 5

memphis - best overall team

warriors- unless golden state shoots really well, then theyre the best team by far

cleveland - not this year, too many injuries, chemistry issues, lebron isnt as unstoppable as he used to be

bulls - too confused on offense. d rose lucky bank shot doesnt mean he'll do it 4 times a series

washington - whats up with john wall? if he is somewhat effective I dare say they can compete with the Cavs

atlanta - kind of like a combination of Chicago and Golden State: if the 3 pointers dont drop (golden state) they dont have a guy on offense who can get you points at will (like chicago is missing)

Clippers or Golden State will win the title this year, im pretty comfortable with that guess

Houston is overrated trash.

The Warriors are going to cruise to the title.

HAHAHA! IT'S LOVELIFE!!!

remember me? remember when you said LeBron would never amount to shit like 8 years ago?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bet you were one of those Paper Bag Headed Knicks fans than were riding LBJ's dick hard to come to your joke of a franchise

btw - thanks for Shump and JR Swish!

you're a comedian but the joke is on you. even more hilarious: GS will probably lose this series

cleveland - not this year, too many injuries, chemistry issues, lebron isnt as unstoppable as he used to be

chemistry issues? the only one on the outside looking in is bitch-ass Kevin Love (dude I will never forget how he ran off the court after dislocating his shoulder - LOL)

and you must have posted that post before the outcome of yesterday's game. LBJ was epic. he's been carrying the whole team. I'm not saying they will win it all this year, but if they do, it will be on his back (due to Kyrie's bum foot)

chemistry issues? the only one on the outside looking in is bitch-ass Kevin Love (dude I will never forget how he ran off the court after dislocating his shoulder - LOL)

and you must have posted that post before the outcome of yesterday's game. LBJ was epic. he's been carrying the whole team. I'm not saying they will win it all this year, but if they do, it will be on his back (due to Kyrie's bum foot)
Lebron did have an epic game didn't he? I think Cleveland will lose in the finals to the clippers.

hmm - there's a high percentage chance you could be right on that one, my friend :( the Clippers, Rockets, and Spurs (RIP) were the teams I pegged as having the upper hand in the Finals against Cleveland

while GS is great, their ability to go on insane scoring runs due their astounding shooting ability, they don't scare me as much. not enough of a physical presence to contain LBJ

and the Grizzlies (my fave team in the West by far) should scare me, but the Cavs thoroughly dominated that team this year. as much as it seems like Memphis matches up well against CLE on paper... they just don't

oh and this is hilarious (taken from the Bull's wiki):

sn_e_bullswiki_576x948.jpg