• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Muscle coordination problem after ingesting what was supposed to be MDMA.

pmall

Greenlighter
I was supposed to get some MDMA at this party and got what looked very much like the usual dirty MDMA crystals. The trip was not pleasant at all, made me feel very uncomfortable as apposed to euphoric/empathetic and now after 1 week has passed I still have some problems with my overall muscle/movement coordination and what I would describe a weird pressure feeling in my head.

I'm thinking there either might have been some toxic crap in those crystals(MPTP?) or some drug interaction involved. The crystals did not taste right and were hard to dissolve in water. Also I took some what I though was k or methoxetamine a day before and then one pill of tylenol 3 about 3 days before days for migraine.

After doing lots of online research it looks to me I might be experiencing symptoms of mild Parkinsonism. Overall this makes me very unhappy, as I am scared I might have done some permanent damage to my head.

I guess I have a to wait for few more weeks to see if this is permanent, and hopefully it is not, but has anyone here had any similar experiences? I'm thinking about trying some L-Dopa eventually to see if it helps alleviate the symptoms.

Any advice on the meter would be highly appreciated.

You didn't take MPTP, and you don't have mild Parkinson's. No one would intentionally poison MDMA with MPTP, and MPTP can't form accidentally during the synthesis of MDMA, or any of the related stimulants that you might have consumed.

MDMA itself can cause uncomfortable trips, so you didn't necessarily consume anything toxic. To me your problems sound stress or anxiety related. If I were you I would take it easy for a few days, eat well, and see if you don't feel better in a few days.

You didn't take MPTP, and you don't have mild Parkinson's. No one would intentionally poison MDMA with MPTP, and MPTP can't form accidentally during the synthesis of MDMA, or any of the related stimulants that you might have consumed.

Hi endotropic, firstly thanks a lot for the reply, I really do appreciate it.

Second, I see where you're coming from, but be assured that I do not freakout for no reason here, though yes, I am a bit stressed and anxious about what's happening to me.

So I can partially agree with what you're saying. After watching this documentary about MPTP cases in the 70's I can clearly say that my symptoms are very moderate comparing to those guys. If it was MPTP my condition would be way worse. At the same time I did not IV and I did not take much, just enough to fill one gel capsule, so since I do not not really know what it was, MPTP cannot be completely ruled out. Also I've taken MDMA many dozens of times before to have a strong subjective leaning to the idea that what I'd ingested last week was not MDMA, - it didn't quite feel like a stimulant and my pupils were hardly if at all dilated.

In any case, and whatever it is that I swallowed, - it has been over a week now and I am not back to normal and my recovery progress for now is very slow. I have problems with my overall muscle dexterity, when moving around and when doing manual work, it is very-to-extremely annoying, - manual dexterity is a big part of my work. My leg/hand even finger muscles seem to be needing much more conscious effort to do what I need them to do and exhibit a not normal degree of resistance when doing things. This is what got me thinking about Parkinsonism or some other brain or peripheral nerve damage.

If I were you I would take it easy for a few days, eat well, and see if you don't feel better in a few days.

That's the plan, except as I said, so far my progress was very slow, so I'm thinking that at this point it might take a bit longer then a few days.

Today I bought some Vitamin C, Omega3 and cinnamon caps and decided to maybe look into modifying my diet to include more fruits and vegetables. Also starting tomorrow I will try working out at least 3 times a week and doing a few laps in a pool at least once a week.

The way I look at it right now, seeing some positive changes after 3 to 4 weeks from now, would be a very good thing, - if not I'll have to be drawing some not so bright-looking conclusions and will probably have to see a doctor.

Last edited:
Can I ask how often you've rolled in the last couple of months? A lot of people that roll too often end up with stiff twitchy muscles until they cut back. I've never heard of anyone that didn't start to feel better with some time off though.

Can I ask how often you've rolled in the last couple of months? A lot of people that roll too often end up with stiff twitchy muscles until they cut back. I've never heard of anyone that didn't start to feel better with some time off though.
Besides this last time I did it one other time about 2 months prior, other than that I haven't done it in a very long while, like a year if not more. And besides Piracetam, which I used occasionally to help me concentrate I've been keeping away from using any substances for a while now.

Thanks,
pmall