MAPS My totally unethical way to save the world

PORB

Greenlighter
I present this in a entirely philosophical theory, and i am not suggesting anyone should do anything illegal, this is purely opinion.

Let me first start with that though i appear to be a new member here, i used to years ago lurk the many psyientific pages of bluelight in my many honeymooned psychedelic journeys, i saw MAPS has direct affiliation with the site, and was intrigued.

The MAPS legalizing psychedelic therapy campaign (currently at 120,00$ !!!) is imo one of the most critical things happening in culture right now. ( i say culture because it has implications beyond public health). The way i see it, people need liberated, and they need healed. (look up the record high levels of suicide and depression globally) there are so many reasons why they are not that im not going to get into it, but needless to say what needs to happen on a mass scale is a total revolution of everyday life, primarily in politics/government, and market/industry (capitalism/"free markets"). The way things operate now is imo just subtle but implicit slavery of the mind and body, and thus at the very least imparts a general depression and helplessness on a mass scale. The way i see it is, best case scenario, The legalization of psychedelic therapy happens within 1-5 years. when that happens very specific groups of people are going to be healed very quickly, and probably radically changing how the view and live life. i would assume then the scheduling of some psychedelics would lower, thus increasing the likelihood of more clandestine manufacturing of said substances, and increasing supply and probably demand of them, though still illegal, changing even more than today the minds and lives of a larger slice of the population, im sure starting a cascading effect in those awakening to the situation at hand in society and culture, and i would hope leading to mass insurrection of everyday life.

this NEEDS to happen, people are so divided by trivial ideologies, beliefs, opinions, all of which are directly or indirectly influenced by every technology available from everything you can imagine that profits from it, technology that damages the mind itself to better secure its influence, that them coming to this realization on there own, or from someone else, is impossible. its not going to happen. ( how much of these misinformed beliefs and mass complacencies are destroying the planet?)

(im getting to a point)

With the support is see for MAPS, i see this happening, its going to happen, and it will be beautiful. i just fear time is not on our side, maybe society may get worse to the point where these efforts are mute. maybe our planet may finally decide to be rid of us once and for all, cant say we diddnt have it coming. So, here is my totally unethical plan to speed up this process.

1. Mass train those interested and capable in Transpersonal, IFS, ect. forms of Psychotherapy to follow essentially the MAPS guide in conducting therapy outlined in there manual. this would be regardless of formal, education based "training" i.e degrees. get together a group per state that could conduct a clinic, more or less

2. Obtain all medical equipment and precautions needed to do said therapies, technology is quickly putting needed technologies in our pockets. Use everything that is now used in the therapies currently conducted today, all precautions must be met.

3. A safe way needs to exist to not only communicate between those doing the therapies, but also a way to communicate to the outside world of people who need this that it exist, a way to let people know where to go, whats going on, without anyone you wouldn't want to know knowing. For that the only thing i can think of his a form of Quantum Cryptography. Once a fully reliable method of utilizing is available, it should be co-opted immediately.

4. With a underground clinic staffed and functioning, a reliable source of substance material in hand, a way of communicating to other "clinics" and to patients in a fully secure manner, i believe the best place to "advertise" this service, to begin the communication with the patient, would be imo a website similar to silk road. in the "real" world you could point to someone the place they need to go to, to begin the pre-screening process, and get set up with a location to meet at.

I imagine such a clinic, or cell, could exist in almost every state, and work together has a whole to, imo, save the world. i dont see why groups like MAPS wouldn't want to, very very secretly, begin such an infrastructure. not to stop the current legalization efforts, and the slow roll back of legislation, that needs to still happen. but i believe SO many people could benefit from this, i would say need it, that there is no way time could permit it to happen before we drive this planet into irreversible ruin. call me pessimistic, but current studies seem to say everyday, that time is running out.

Now i see all the ways how unethical and potentially dangerous this is, it would have to be constructed with the most open hearts and lucid heads, but i believe we could turn this culture of self destruction on its head with such a network. an liberation machine of sorts. as far as i can see it, all most all of the components needed are there. i dont want people hurt or made worse, i wouldn't say EVERYONE would need be permitted to this, but i would say there are much more of those who need and could be permitted to such a healing effort than can ever be reached through average legalization. this was a bit of a rant, i know, but this has been a dream of mind, and i wanted it out, so here it is. im sure im not the first, but if you are reading this now know i love you and wish to someday live in now to our maximum enjoyment together and put history to bed and let the parents run free. thank you for your time. :D

"I have been looking toward the next psychedelic generations to say to us, " what a bunch of tired old farts you are with this or that journal, this association, and your so-called research when god is all around you!" And I will say to them, "carry me out of the palace. You win!" Tear down the walls. Get back to basics. I mean, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't shoot me. But please take my job!"
Its starting to happen, and I love it.
- James Fadiman, the psychedelic explorers guide

Last edited:
Western countries have trillions of dollars in resources. If possible working with them is most efficient. If you think many people could benefit from currently illegal psychedelics then prove this with legal peer reviewed research and clinical therapy. The LEGAL work of MAPS and many professors at major universities is the most promising option.

Americas sons and daughters carry so many conflicting problems in their heart after returning from the war. These brave warriors will be the appointed officials and elected leaders of our future. These people have fought and risked their lives so we have the chance of knowing the light of another day. PTSD is curable and we owe them the cure they deserve. Supporting MAPS FDA approved research is how we will be the most successful.

Last edited:
much of what i posted wasn't addressed with that critique, though i do appreciate the time taken to respond. anyone else?Historically, peer reviewed research has been completely disregarded by professors and universities when told their jobs were on the line, who is to say it wouldn't happen again? So much research has been done already, how much more do we need before we get our "parents" approval? Why would any nation fund something that would [FONT=georgia, serif]disempower them? Why do you think nations go to war in the first place? I'm not saying, at all, to stop legalization efforts. (or decriminalization efforts for that matter) I'm just saying, if the means are there, if the WILL is there, do we really have the privilege to wait around while others suffer at our inaction? [/FONT]

Last edited:
is imo one of the most critical things happening in culture right now. ( i say culture because it has implications beyond public health). The way i see it, people need liberated, and they need healed

QFT.. this world is incredibly sick.. im dead serious and psychedelics are one of the greatest tools we know of to treat this.

eth·ics
ˈeTHiks/Submit
noun
moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.

I love that you present an unethical way to save this world.. as this worlds current ethics are the diseased root of all its problems.

I want to see a disease hampered and greed driven CEO get puddled and still hold their insane destructive course. Nope, they will see through their insanity.. and dramatically change course immediately. True.

Last edited:
QFT.. this world is incredibly sick.. im dead serious and psychedelics are one of the greatest tools we know of to treat this.

eth·ics
ˈeTHiks/Submit
noun
moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.

I love that you present an unethical way to save this world.. as this worlds current ethics are the diseased root of all its problems.

I want to see a disease hampered and greed driven CEO get puddled and still hold their insane destructive course. Nope, they will see through their insanity.. and dramatically change course immediately. True.

Thank you so much for your kind words and identifying with how i feel. safety is always needed first, but i feel a underground approach to this on a wider scale will become more necessary as each year that passes with hundred of people that go without healing. with much caution i feel this could be initiated.

As someone once said, "Morality is the greatest of all tyrannies"

excellent suggestion! Except, did you read what i had proposed? What makes you think i would support our criminal bank systems with using a credit card? Banks are easily one of the biggest supporters of the drug war. Secondly, if you have not read yet, defiantly read [FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tom Shroder's Acid Test, MAPS even at its current [/FONT][FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]record[/FONT][FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] high donations will struggle to meet the necessary funds to cover phase two studies, assuming timely cooperation from the FDA, and if all of that did happen they wouldn't be completed till 2020 at the earliest. At current veteran suicide statistics that would be another 55,000 dead before the phase was completed.

I figure there already is underground therapeutic efforts happening right now, but i'm sure its only a small few, and doubtfully connected. People who are deep into there careers are almost out of the question at this moment to suggest this to, not even considering the law, who would risk the time effort and money that went into the school and certification? I'm just saying with TOR and other devices a shadow therapeutic network could be organized to a point that through delicate word of mouth one would be pointed to a place where they could be screened and treated without locations, names, or communications being revealed.

Meanwhile, lets watch our country, with a 700 billion dollar defense budget, allocate 140 billion a year to the VA, who utilizes mostly pharmaceutical industry drugs to treat people that are hardly effective, or more often harmful.
A 600 billion dollar pharmaceutical industry, where every dollar spent on research, another $19 goes to advertisement.

Where MAPS has to struggle for 20 million. FML
[/FONT]