Published The motivation for using Novel Psychoactive Substances - Survey

Makes sense, I probably should have used a better word then flawed; I have minimal experience with research study designs. Why didn't you ask more questions though (ones about perceived danger would be interesting)? Was it for more concise results, or to increase participation - or a little of both (or neither)? Will you share the full results or will we just get an abstract? Do you have a hypothesis or just gathering sociological data?

I await your findings!

Our main focus for this study is motivation. We actually had to remove question because in the piloting process we saw that people did not complete the survey if it was to lengthy. We have focused on side effects and risks with eg synthetics cannabinoids, as described by users online earlier. See this open access article in full text if you are interested:

The flip side of “Spice”: The adverse effects of synthetic cannabinoids as discussed on a Swedish Internet forum:
http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/nsad.2014.31.issue-2/nsad-2014-0016/nsad-2014-0016.xml

If the results get published in an open access journal as above you will get access to in full text, otherwise an abstract. We strive towards publishing in open access.

I just finished the survey. I enjoyed filling it out actually, glad to participate :) When will the final results of what is being studied be able to be read?

Our aim is to complete the analysis, write the manuscript, submit, get it peer reviewed and published during 2015.

I would encourage you to make an option for those who do not identify as male or female next time!

Did the survey. Decent survey.

Only 3 novel substances. What happens if one of those was a Deliriant? Or if you've used two at once? Alternatively a specific number of times you've used Ganja, MDMA and LSD/Shrooms in a year, how am I supposed to remember. Also the question on Alcohol and Tobacco, the survey kept telling me I had to put a number higher than 0. I don't smoke cigarettes, rarely drink and in Europe most people (not my own zoots) mix tobacco and weed, but some don't smoke tobacco by itself, what do they put?

Just some feedback.

I totally get your reasons for not asking certain things.

I wonder who would be more likely to complete a long survey - the people spun out on legal stimulants, or the people sitting in quiet introspection on psychedelics? Will the people on the arylcyclohexamines be to gone to make it to a forum or work a mouse?

;)

Likewise, glad I can contribute my 3 cents to this survey (a paragraph each on MXE, DPT and bk-2c-b). We need more focused research like this that engages the valuable experience of the community here.

mxe, dpt, etizolam for me.

=D

When it asked how many cigarettes, drinks, etc that I had per month I realized... I have no idea but I know it's a lot.. heh

Done. This was a very interesting survey to complete. I've used Bluelight for a number of years, but only just decided to make an account today, and I'm glad I have, and I'm glad I've been able to participate in these surveys that help Bluelight to still be able to run. :)

How longs this gonna be open, and when is the data going to be available Mr. Researcher?

Also curious have you used novel drugs? lol

Or even what Shulgin asked a student "had a psychedelic experience?"

Understand if you don't wanna answer those questions.