• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time H user but on subutex

jfu004

Greenlighter
First of all I am on my phone and having a hard time navigating, so please let me know if I am putting this in the wrong place.

I used opiates for a few years and was able to try everything but H. Where I live there is literally no where to find it. Well long story short, I found some for the first time ever and I have to try it out but I have been on subtex for about a year now and I need someone with a little experience to help me out. I have found tons of posts saying how long you should get off the sub before doing the dead. But all of the answers I have seen has been coming from experienced H users. So I wanting to know if anyone knows if it will work a little better for me since I've never done it. I should be around 20hrs off subs by the time I actually get it. I am not trying to nod off or anything, just wanting a mild buzz just to experience it. I will never be able to get it again so will it just be a waste? I am on 4mg Iv sub a day for about a year. Again just looking for a satisfying rush that I have always heard about but still be able to function normally. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Lol at you wont ever be able to get it again

Damn, you should try to lower your Sub dose to half of what your taking,that's alot since your shootin' it. But anyway, since you bang it you shouldn't have to wait as long to be in w/d. If I were you I would just wait till you felt sick, to where you are about to go crazy since you say it doesn't come around often..can't really advise you on the dosage since H is not availble where I'm at either....just be careful, start slow. But I'm guesing you have a tolerance since you shoot 4mg of Bupe a day....

24 hours later should be ok but longer the better really 30-36 hours ideally would be better if you can wait that long and go easy on it if you have never tried it before because if its a relatively strong batch it could kill you. Remember you can always do more but you cant take it away if its too much. How much was you intending on doing weight wise ? Id suggest you dont go higher than about 0.1 of a gram first time round.

Peace.

Last edited:
I am over 1000 miles away from home, and when I get home I have no possible way to get any sort of opiate, so I can safely say I will never be able to get it again.

I take subutex for pain management and not to get off opiates. I have tried everything to keep my pain down 24hrs a day with out making me feel tired or anything and the only thing I have come up with is 1mg every 6 hrs. I have no clue how much I will have, but the person I'm with is very knowledgable and a know to take it slow. And I can't wait longer than 20 hrs because I can't take any with me.

To get maximum effect, I'd cut down your dose to 2mg for a week. Then don't take your buprenorphine the day of and try and use the heroin as late in the night as you can. You'll still probably need a decent amount but be careful, take a small amount using your preferred ROA to gauge the strength. It doesn't matter if you've never tried it, if you're tolerant to other opioids you'll be be tolerant to heroin. I would also read up on correct IV technique and how to correctly prepare heroin for injection (for example, don't apply heat).

That being said, you need to be really careful. I'm assuming because you're on bupe maintenance that you've had problems with addiction in the past. And because you're abusing your medication technically by injecting it already, I'm concerned you're in a position where switching to heroin will be very tempting. You'll be able to get it again, that's just an excuse you're telling yourself to make it okay. It's okay, we (addicts) all do it.

OP, if you can it would be helpful if you included your past history with opiates, your tolerance, why you're on buprenorphine, and when you became an IV user (have you only injected subs?). I think that would help us give you better advice :)

ETA: and you might want to be careful switching back onto your buprenorphine. I've never had a problem once I'm already on it and stable , I just use one day and take a sub the next but everyone is different. Better safe than sorry. Assuming you remember how your induction was done originally, just repeat that.

I take subutex for pain management and not to get off opiates. I have tried everything to keep my pain down 24hrs a day with out making me feel tired or anything and the only thing I have come up with is 1mg every 6 hrs. I have no clue how much I will have, but the person I'm with is very knowledgable and a know to take it slow. And I can't wait longer than 20 hrs because I can't take any with me.
Just saw this. Subutex can't be scripted for pain as far as I know, though it's definitely used off-label for that reason. Assuming you're seeing a doctor certified to prescribe it to treat addiction right... what we're you taking before?

How are you planning on using the heroin? Oral, IV, etc. And how much are you purchasing (in weight, don't list prices)? You may not be able to get it at home as of right now, but addicts tend to find a way. Just sayin.

My advice is DON'T!! You can get H anywhere - I used to have it posted to me.... You'll never do it just once - even if it's a few years in-between the monkey will be on your back and you won't know it. Seriously, please stay away. Dangerous stuff. I'm about to lose my job because of it.... :( and I can only blame myself...

you should read the should i do heroin thread! and if you still want to do it after that then there is no stopping you! i agree with eyldn ! don't do it man !!!

I can't buy any to take home. I told my buddy not to let me no matter what happens, but I didn't end up doing it anyways. I just went ahead and took my sub to stop me. As far as my background, I abused hydrocodone for 3 years pretty bad. Where I live that is the only thing around. I might would find Oxus once or twice a year. My tolerance has always been pretty high. I was taking between 300 to 500 mg of hydrocodone a day. I quit in 09 and took Suboxone for a little over a year. I stayed clean until 2012, then I had an accident that herniated 3 discs and ruptured one. The pain is crazy and my doctor started giving me hydro for the pain. I never abused it then, and never tried to buy it illegally, but the craving started to come back so I found a local dr to help me out. As far as iving, I've done Demerol, oxy and subuteex. When the pain isn't to bad I use it as prescribed but they days I can't move I iv. I have absolutely have know craving to ever get back the way it was. Over 5 years ago and I've never actively searched for anything since 09. Heroin is just on my bucket list, and I want to do it no where close to home and while I'm on subutex so I wouldn't have an cravings afterwards. And trust me me, heroin is not everywhere. In know dozens of people in my area actively looking for it for over ten years and not one of them have ever found it. In fact best friends dad is head of narcotics here, and he even said he never sees it. But o well, looks like I'll have to scratch it off the bucket list later on.

Honestly it doesn't really matter if you are an experienced heroin user or not, because once you have been on subs a few weeks you are all in the same boat. What I mean is that heroin will effect you the same way as it well effect an experienced heroin user considering you have both been doing the same amount of sub for a few weeks. That's not to say that you should blast away a higher dose, just that you could take the advice given to experienced users.

Having said that, wait 36 hours before trying it, and when you switch back to sub take the first dose sublingually 24 hours after the dope, this way there's less of a risk of precipitated withdrawals.

I can't buy any to take home. I told my buddy not to let me no matter what happens, but I didn't end up doing it anyways. I just went ahead and took my sub to stop me. As far as my background, I abused hydrocodone for 3 years pretty bad. Where I live that is the only thing around. I might would find Oxus once or twice a year. My tolerance has always been pretty high. I was taking between 300 to 500 mg of hydrocodone a day. I quit in 09 and took Suboxone for a little over a year. I stayed clean until 2012, then I had an accident that herniated 3 discs and ruptured one. The pain is crazy and my doctor started giving me hydro for the pain. I never abused it then, and never tried to buy it illegally, but the craving started to come back so I found a local dr to help me out. As far as iving, I've done Demerol, oxy and subuteex. When the pain isn't to bad I use it as prescribed but they days I can't move I iv. I have absolutely have know craving to ever get back the way it was. Over 5 years ago and I've never actively searched for anything since 09. Heroin is just on my bucket list, and I want to do it no where close to home and while I'm on subutex so I wouldn't have an cravings afterwards. And trust me me, heroin is not everywhere. In know dozens of people in my area actively looking for it for over ten years and not one of them have ever found it. In fact best friends dad is head of narcotics here, and he even said he never sees it. But o well, looks like I'll have to scratch it off the bucket list later on.

Good for you. And thank you for taking the time to share more about yourself and your situation. I really think that using heroin would endanger your current stability. Even if you couldn't use it again right away.

Yeah, many pain patients end up addicted. Pain management in this country is just so fucked in many, many ways. How often are you dosing the Subs for pain? Most people who take it for pain say it's better to do small doses multiple times a day then all at once. If you're not already doing that maybe you can try instead of using IV, these pills are so fucking bad for your veins.