• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Octsober, The october 14 gettn and stayn sober thread

Yes getting sober feels like getting high on life for me personally, im now 67 days clean and sober and that starts to pass. Staying sober is easy, now i have to challenge the psychiatric part, im going to start with EMDR in a couple of weeks what will certainly shake my ground and i have to appear in court in December for something minor but its not something i can really use at this moment.
I just see it as another step, if i survive the following months i might just break free definitive now.
I feel condfident, strong and proud, but i know i have to watch my back in the near future not to slip without noticing.

just heard i am going to be a trainee to become an experience expert addiction/psychiatry, to become an officer to provide information about the subject.
Im excited and happy about it.
Next year september i will do a one year course to add a diploma to that, it will cost me roughly 3000 euro but if everything goes as plan the city will pay it for me :)

60 days off benzos and almost as long off opiates. Minimal alcohol and weed. I'm doing pretty good :)

just heard i am going to be a trainee to become an experience expert addiction/psychiatry, to become an officer to provide information about the subject.
Im excited and happy about it.
Next year september i will do a one year course to add a diploma to that, it will cost me roughly 3000 euro but if everything goes as plan the city will pay it for me :)

Very cool! Congratulations on becoming a trainee for officer njirem. I truly feel folks that have been through it personally, are able to do this work the best!

24 more down :)

5754972999_good_night_08_xlarge.gif

Congrats Smoky! What a relief I imagine..
Hope you cope well.:)

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks so much you guys! I am humbled… you all have helped me so much.
I Love the picture NSA, I am going to save it for my desktop…

It's such a relief to wake up everyday and not need to reach for the drugs on my shelf just to stop the pain to just get out of bed in the morning. That's all I was looking forward to in life.
Going for acupuncture now, doing all sorts of alternatives for my pain issues. Not easy, but it's indeed worth it. :) <3

Keep up the great work everyone!

5 months and 18 days for me! I couldn't have done it without you all.

While I didn't do what I originally hoped to do, which was complete sobriety from all psychotropic substances, it has been over a year since I stopped using RC stims, a few months since I've touched any psychedelics, and I've been relatively clean from all tobacco since January 2014. (I get my nicotine through a vaporizer these days.) I haven't imbibed alcohol for a week, and I've only been drunk three or four times this last year. I'm pretty satisfied with myself. :) Salute to all you out there for your respective achievements!

Congratulations Just a Guy, for stayin away from the RC stims. Using my doc is what will truly mess my life up! The only drug I crave. Glad to be free from it. :)

heyy everyone!! soo I've been living up north for about a month and a half now, and although I've been working and making money - a definite improvement in my life... I haven't been clean. I'm so over this cycle, I don't want to use anymore (really I haven't wanted to for years now lol)... it's hard tho!! But right now I feel like I have the PERFECT opportunity for a fresh start. I'm in SoCal visiting my family and everything is great here... I just got another car today, so I'm mobile again finally (!!)... I love living and working up north... things are just going REALLY WELL for me right now. There's just that one pesky little problem...

So yeah, I really want to take the opportunity while I'm visiting SoCal and have a few days off from working to get clean once and for all. I almost did right before I went up there... I wasn't supposed to be using at all while I was up there, in fact, and I had no intention of doing so... buuut things didn't work out that way, so now here I am. I have to make a bigger effort this time, I'm tired of feeling like I've failed every time I relapse. And I'm tired of this stuff controlling my life (even if it's just a small aspect of it now) that's for sure!! I figure I'll get clean while I'm down here and that way I can be all clean and sober and full of energy for when I go back up to work haha :)

Anywayy, this forum has always been a lifesaver for me when I've gotten clean in the past... I love how supportive and awesome all the people are here... of course I had to come back and see you all <3 haha. anyway tho. I have what's left of what I already got, which will run out tomorrow... and then the journey begins (again) o_O

but seriously tho it's good to be back <3

Thanks, Smoky!

xburtonchic! Long time no see. Damn but it can be a bitch sometimes, can't it? Good for you for knowing your goal, wanting it, and taking the steps to achieving it. Hopefully this is a great week for you.

Yes miracles happen once and a while.. including NSA getting outta bed before mid morning:) Good morning folks!!

good_morning_shenron_by_zachsmithson-d7cuobh.png

74 Days clean and sober.

Im in a lot of stress at the moment, dealing with building a new foundation for my life, financial and practical, and i am experiencing an increase in anxiety and depression.
Feel very tired, i am in a place where i must wait for things to fall in place, but being restless in nature its pretty hard.
The last days i had some thoughts of using alcohol and drugs, but the realisation that it is addiction talking to me, my brains that need stress relief because its still used to it, is a relief in a way.
I now im no blind man anymore, i can see what is going on, and know i am stronger, only if i just continue on this road, in time it will get better, because my brain is now in the proces of shock, deleting old neuronic paths to make way for a new structure that will eventually replace my addiction.

I need to just keep on going, step by step, week by week, month by month. I am going to do it, i have no doubt, but its pretty hard right now.

my mantra for today: ''good things come in a hard package''

<3

What 17 days today, the last two were harder than normal (no nothing like the first 7) but Monday I told my wife I was going out to buy dope and she wasn't stopping me, then I sat at my computer in a humph and kept trying to procrastinate it (eventually a friend called I went over there and played video games till about midnight, better than shooting up), yesterday I wasn't feeling the cravings as bad but was still incredibly depressed but more so the pain oh man the pain was bad. It felt like I dislocated my hip from my right leg and someone lit my right leg on fire, and I was just sitting there white knuckiling it through out doing anything I could do to make it better. Advil was a complete waste, took a hot shower, dried off, laid down on my bathroom floor (sadly a place I've accidentally slept far more times than I would like to admit) with a pillow and comforter, turned the tunes up and the lights out and just passed out. Somehow made it to my bed during the night. Had terrible dreams of using again and when I woke this morning it's all I could think about. But oddly the roller coaster the ride it is, I have no cravings (or even want after about 5 minutes of getting out of bed) and today has been bright and cheery thus far. So I'm just at the point where it really is just one day at a time, keep procrastinating and being too lazy and I honestly think I will be fine.

Though, I somehow lost my glasses last night and the memories are pretty blurry because the pain (I almost fell down the stairs trying to get to that shower when my leg decided it would just lose all strength).

God I don't even know if I'm being honest with myself because every 3 seconds my brain blinks "go get some" then I'm fine again.

74 Days clean and sober.

Feel very tired, i am in a place where i must wait for things to fall in place, but being restless in nature its pretty hard.
The last days i had some thoughts of using alcohol and drugs, but the realisation that it is addiction talking to me, my brains that need stress relief because its still used to it, is a relief in a way.
I now im no blind man anymore, i can see what is going on, and know i am stronger, only if i just continue on this road, in time it will get better, because my brain is now in the proces of shock, deleting old neuronic paths to make way for a new structure that will eventually replace my addiction.

I need to just keep on going, step by step, week by week, month by month. I am going to do it, i have no doubt, but its pretty hard right now.

my mantra for today: ''good things come in a hard package''