• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Octsober, The october 14 gettn and stayn sober thread

Haven't had any nicotine in my system for 2 weeks, it was pretty easy. I went Cigs to Vape, reduced a bit on the vape via cutting down on strength, then used some patches for a very rapid taper (a few days). Was pretty easy. I still got the odd craving, but nothing out of control.

With the weather changing, I am starting to see more and more new people coming into the NA meetings I helped start. Pretty cool feeling!

4 months Sober besides one toke and one addie experience in there somewhere.
which is realy good for me.

i have tried getting high on other stuff tho, the Abilify blocks it all
so im not so good after all...

Yep.. 24 more down.. if you ever find yourself up against it.. cackle at it like an insane denond .. you know.. just to let it know
it does not have prayers chance in hell
:!%)

jack_o_lantern_2_by_ericfreitas-d320vg3.jpg

I haven't been by in a while...been super busy..kinda.

Slipped up 3 weekends in May, and I convinced myself, "there's no point in being sick.." That just meant I wanted to keep getting high.lol. I am about to jump off of subutex... We have 4mg left, so unless some falls out of the sky, that's it. The girl we're getting it from....yeah, long story. Suffice to say, she lives right by us. Cops are just sitting out at the end of our street, across from hers, just to make an obvious presence.. basically telling her... "da fuck?!? are you serious?" Stupid, stupid.

But yeah, other than that, everything has been good. I guess I kinda am the motivator for my family to work, so if I don't work, they don't do anything...and I don't get any jobs for us, yet..so bad. Bossman couldn't afford to pay me if I passed my test, so he didn't let me take it this month, without telling me..but whatever..If I don't pass it in January, I should stop working in this field.

Music is picking up...haven't bothered doing any real recordings...just record with my phone. Just jamming with people lately...good enough for me to do this I think...my girl has been getting a lot better on drums, but she always throws down on synth.. I actually screwed up the last thing I posted...recorded the loop before that moment...so it didn't flow at all.lol..kinda had to change tempo right there..but my friend Ricky and I are working on something...he's a bad ass bass player..so good at controlling and following..
www.soundcloud.com/suspect-k

My daughter, who is about 13.5 months old has been getting down on some jam sessions since her first birthday.. as soon as we moved out, she started walking, and stopped crawling completely...then, on her 1st birthday, it was like everything changed, and she was part of Earth's civilization..if you get me..she is involved in EVERYTHING...she really wants to play my stringed instruments, but far too cumbersome for her. She's definitely got my family "chaotic engineer" and athletic gene..and I can already see a mirror into where my addictions first started.lol.. Hopefully with alcoholic(I never drank/drinks) parents we can raise a child aware of the dangers of the world, and maybe extinguish some of the curiosity elements about using...cuz that's the main reason I did everything..curiosity..only a few things I fancied. I need to figure out a good balance...to give proper awareness, and not be manipulative...as little as possible at least..

She was my first inspiration, but I decided I would get sober for her, not me, before I knew her... I don't know why, but I had to do that in May, because I know for sure it would've happened sooner or later- I was a very "dry drunk." I should have allowed for medical assistance while at detox almost 2 years ago...but oh well..all I can do is taper as much as possible, and at least I won't be trapped in an old children's polio hospital for a month kicking buprenorphine this time... I hated just about every moment of it... and it was a little different each time.. I don't know what it was the first time, but it was very reminiscent of something psychedelic..

but yeah... Every day is going to be day 1 for me, for now on..regardless how long I abstain.. I was so proud of my 17/18months for my parents/and others....not for myself.. I'm proud to be very joyous today, and also glad to be surrounded by great friends and family..today, I will engage with, and make everyone I am around smile as much as possible..and I'm going to sign up for winter classes...sticky note for that one! :)

I believe the feeling of tiredness is endless no matter if I have quit years ago or two months after.
Like you said, things take a while until they fall in place.
I´m always craving though. I never use it but somehow thinking about it makes me feel good.
Doctors say that can be a sign / symptom that I could soon relapse, but it´s not like this.
It seems like something I´m no longer allowed to and it´s okay by me. I´m in good terms with opiates.

Relapse is a choise, a rational descision, no mather how it may feel or seem like the craving takes over, it is still, and always up to yourself. There is no other excuse for relapsing but blaming your own self, it not the fault of surcumstance, neither somebody else, or certain situations.

There may be warning signs, but they are not warning you from something that is inevitable, never, if you know its NO MORE DRUGS with every living cell in your body, there is nothing to worry about.

Having gone through the pains of addiction, the depression, the isolation, the dispare, if you take that as a lesson you will be stronger then most people you will ever meet in your life.
If you made it through hell, you can make it through everything, and seeing it from this perspective, make you realise addiction is a weak ass punk bitch with a pathetic defence, you are a trillion times stronger then a stupid substance, cmon, you know it.

<3

Im now

75.png

days clean and SOBER

:)Well, thank you, really..
Yes it´s really like how you pointed out.
No more!
And, congrats for your 75 days!!
24.gif

Last edited:
Still sober here, and have been for 2 years, and 2 going to be 3 months in November.

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone.