• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you get withdrawals from using Methadone for 4 days?

Gordon

Bluelighter
Ok so this is the second day am using methadone to get off a 1 week heroin habit..I've taken around 25mg for the last 2 days.. Am thinking of just quitting after 2 days...Will I feel the meth withdrawals? bear in my mind I've never done methadone before, and only did heroin for around a week before jumping on the meth.

Thanks guys!

Man...you are just in the beginning , quit all that shit while it´s time believe me...those drugs will ruin your life. I didnt listem to my friends long ago before getting myself addicted in opiates now I cant quit, I tried everuything and I always relapse.
You did it for such short time, there is no way you developed any physical addiction, you body will not ask for the drugs, give your vomitings, extemely anxiety or whatever...just stop taking the methadone, if you feell bad try to smoke a joint, pop some benzo , go for a drink..but fight it man..opiates are fun in the beging, when you get some euphoria , when you develop an addiction , like me, you will need to take larger and larger doses just to funcion normaly..to wake up and face the life...and its not fun.
peace.

If you were only using heroin for one week the methadone isnt needed. I wouldn't take it 4 days in a row. How high is the methadone getting you!

Man...you are just in the beginning , quit all that shit while it´s time believe me...those drugs will ruin your life. I didnt listem to my friends long ago before getting myself addicted in opiates now I cant quit, I tried everuything and I always relapse.
You did it for such short time, there is no way you developed any physical addiction, you body will not ask for the drugs, give your vomitings, extemely anxiety or whatever...just stop taking the methadone, if you feell bad try to smoke a joint, pop some benzo , go for a drink..but fight it man..opiates are fun in the beging, when you get some euphoria , when you develop an addiction , like me, you will need to take larger and larger doses just to funcion normaly..to wake up and face the life...and its not fun.
peace.

I agree with everything said here except having to take larger and larger doses just to function normally. This isn't true at all my in my experience, on the contrary you can function on smaller and smaller doses. It's wanting to feel high that causes you to take larger doses.

Well the Meth isnt getting me that much high, just a small mellow buzz, but my question would I feel bad withdrawals off 4 days of meth? with doses around 10mg to 20mg?

Well the Meth isnt getting me that much high, just a small mellow buzz, but my question would I feel bad withdrawals off 4 days of meth? with doses around 10mg to 20mg?
No, it's too soon.
You should listen though, these people have been where you are going and when you do get there you are so going to so regret it. You are pulling a tigers tail and it will bite you.

No, it's too soon.
You should listen though, these people have been where you are going and when you do get there you are so going to so regret it. You are pulling a tigers tail and it will bite you.

I understand Greyhounder, that is why am not going to stay in any substances anymore. I just wanted to prepare and psychological expect any withdrawals from methadone use (4 days low doses)..

Having said that there are many people I personally know who did not suffer too badly coming off methadone a they reduced it by bit, but my main query was if anybody has done short-term meth for short a a week and did not feel too bad.

Last question do I need to taper off the meth or should I just stop it? considering I've only taken it for 4 days.

Cheers guy!

Just stop. You won't have developed a tolerence so you won't experience withdrawls.
I am amazed that you know people who didn't suffer too much coming of methadone, generally speaking most people find the opposite.
Best of luck

Ya, put it down. I used a low dose of methadone for a short time and even though I wasn't withdrawing from it I still craved it because it lasts all day and provided better sleep so I knew where that was going and put it down. I suggest you do the same while you're not addicted.

With the drugs in general , the long lasting ones, when you get hooked, will give you a longer shittier withdrawal.
The opiates are no different and that's why Methadone w/d are generally looked upon as worse than heroine. Get out while you can.

You might not get physical withdraws but you could easily suffer mental depression if you were using methadone daily. I would say even 4 days. If used daily like that it builds up in your system.

Stop the methadone cause you are basically adding to more opioids which means dependency. Whatever withdrawals you might be feeling are nothing compared to true withdrawals I know you most be in pain or discomfort but the longer you take opioids the worse you're with drawls will be. I I agree with the others just stop altogether you might have a tough week or so but you definitely don't need a maintenance drug like methadone

How do you even have a habit after only using heroin for a week?Trust me,any withdrawls you are feeling are just psychological cravings.If you start doing methadone you are setting yourself up to go through some real shit.Do your life a big favor and just quit now before you find out the hard way what real addiction is all about.Just a bit of friendly advice from someone who has been there.

Thanks everybody, even though I do appreciate good advice here and whatnot I don't necessarily agree with assumptions that 1 will get into long term maintenance opiate habit or long acting opiate habit, I understand many folks messed up and assume others will follow suit, but it doesn't always work like tat...Many use opiates or meth or sub for short whole and get off to never touch an opiate again...We dont know everybody's mentality, threshold, future etc...

First of all I am not on s script and dont have access to more methadone, so even if I wanted to do more I won' be able to get hold of it.. Second of all my opiate habit has never been that massive, Ive always stayed clean for many months, even years, always held down a job, relationships, always had funds, always do other things like sports etc...Am not saying am not addict but am not a hardcore junkie an addict...I've never been more serious to quit.

Lastly there are people who reduced their methadone slowly and got away with withdrawals, PAWS and depression, maybe they were young? age played a factor? who knows...

My only question was if anybody has done short-term methadone..Also being a long acting opiate shouldn't it taper u off slowly? and not give hardcore withdrawals if used for jut 4 days?

cheers again folks!

Personally I used to recreationally take methadone (never tried any other opiates or synths) every Saturday to relax from long work weeks for about 6 months.
In the recent past I made the decision, against better thinking, that I'd like to do a full friday-sunday binge. Dumb decision.
Even though doing only 10mg per day, withdraws came on for me and I couldn't/ didn't want to stop when the week came because I wanted to push the feeling away.. :(

So simple answer, YES. Withdraws can happen in a short period of time.

I agree with everything said here except having to take larger and larger doses just to function normally. This isn't true at all my in my experience, on the contrary you can function on smaller and smaller doses. It's wanting to feel high that causes you to take larger doses.

Yeah...you probably right mate...but In my point of view it´s depend from person to person...most addicts always are "hunting" for a good high, as there is no point taking some drug like oxycodone in such short dosages just to "feel ok" for most users it looks like a waste of the drugs..instead I´d take some tamper like codein in that case and save the good stuff to take in larger doses and have some fun if you know what I mean....

Thanks everybody, even though I do appreciate good advice here and whatnot I don't necessarily agree with assumptions that 1 will get into long term maintenance opiate habit or long acting opiate habit, I understand many folks messed up and assume others will follow suit, but it doesn't always work like tat...Many use opiates or meth or sub for short whole and get off to never touch an opiate again...We dont know everybody's mentality, threshold, future etc...

First of all I am not on s script and dont have access to more methadone, so even if I wanted to do more I won' be able to get hold of it.. Second of all my opiate habit has never been that massive, Ive always stayed clean for many months, even years, always held down a job, relationships, always had funds, always do other things like sports etc...Am not saying am not addict but am not a hardcore junkie an addict...I've never been more serious to quit.

Lastly there are people who reduced their methadone slowly and got away with withdrawals, PAWS and depression, maybe they were young? age played a factor? who knows...

My only question was if anybody has done short-term methadone..Also being a long acting opiate shouldn't it taper u off slowly? and not give hardcore withdrawals if used for jut 4 days?

cheers again folks!

Ask and you shall receive,

So I just did a 5 day methadone taper, 25mg to 5mg. 5mg less daily, now I did this because I was on oxy and morphine for 7 years.

I agree with most other posts, you in no way need methadone, and what you are doing is replacing a short acting opiate H, with a synthetic that can stay in your system for 80 hours, as opposed to 6-8 hours like oxy or H. Point being, everyday to take methadone it compounds in the system. So if you take 25mg daily for five days, you might not feel off for 3-4 days.

Where I disagree is, I believe you will have at the least 2-3 days of feeling like total shit. If you're a recreational user, stay away from methadone.

Bob