Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA doesn't work for me like it used to

pokepoke420

Bluelighter
What up B/L-

Been a minute since I posted in the MDMA thread as I kind of took a step back from Ecstasy. I used to consume quite a bit of MDMA, but from all the time I spent on Bluelight and through research I found the best way to consume was no more than once every 3 months or so. I never took more than 300mg per every 3 months. The drug eventually took hold of me, and I found myself rolling after only a weeks rest. This didn't happen that often as I tried the best I could to stay away, but that's when I noticed any time I would roll I had unbelievable depression for months following.

I'm an extremely happy, and stable person, but I couldn't handle being depressed to the point where I had to take off work. That isn't me. E wasn't working for me the same anyway, so I took a long break. 8 months have gone by since I had rolled. I quit smoking weed, drinking, consuming caffeine, anything. I've never felt healthier in my life, and I haven't even had a hint of depression. Two nights ago for my friends birthday we went to a night club and his friend was telling me about his "pill collection." In my experience, people with a collection usually have some top notch shit.

He pulls out some 206mg Warner Brothers from Holland. My pupils immediately dilated and mouth starting to salivate. Everyone except me was rolling at that point. I said to myself, fuck it, and took 3/4 of the pill. I started feeling it after 45 minutes, and I took the other 1/4. So let me get to my question-

I felt great don't me wrong, I said I love you to everyone, but it wasn't the same. I had pure, incredibly high quality MDMA, but rolling just wasn't the same as it used to be for me. Is that just an after effect of over-consumption of this beautiful drug? It lost its novelty for me quite a while ago, but is there a particular reason why that happens? It's unfortunate. I didn't get the eye wiggles I used to get, none of the heavy (OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ALIVE) breathing. The friends I was with consume on a weekend basis and live perfectly normal, depression free, roll-hard lives. This had been happening to me previously, and I thought just taking a long break would fix that, but it didn't. I am beginning to accept that this isn't a part of my life anymore. To have that mediocre of an experience isn't worth the strain that is put on my body.

Can any of my pro's and research geeks help me out with an answer? Thanks guys. PLUR

Maybe it just was set and setting?! Mindset going in? I feel like there's so many variables it's hard to pin point ontop of your history of abuse it makes even more difficult

It was a joyous occasion. We had been happy all night as it was my buddies birthday, everyone made it out, and it was all house/deep house music. Setting you think would have been perfect, but I guess it just lost the "novelty" it used to have of when I started raving at 16 (am now 25). I was just wondering if this has happened to others as well.

hey poke, it could have been anything. I wouldnt give up just yet. My guess was probably just the pills. Iv'e heard of some of these dutch presses that are really high mdma but sometimes the synthesis is off. I know alot of people say mdma is mdma but it varies to me. Some people complain on very high mdxx presses that something was off. Iv'e experienced it before. Coulda been your mindset also, could have been anything. Give it another long break and try again.

Meh that stinks. I've also been using for about 11 years now. Maybe even a longer break is needed. How long were you going at it every week for?

Give it another go after 2-3 months again. What do you mean by 'strain on your body'? Even that one pill after the long break? I've never had any bad reaction to MDMA nor crash or depression the next day. I use it once every month and no more than 1*120mgs + 60 booster. Part of truth is I've used it like 5 times only :p

You're starting to 'lose the magic.' It happens to the best of us if we use MDMA frequently enough in our lifetimes and will only get worse the more MDMA pills you take.

You could try a longer break. If eight months wasn't enough maybe a year is. It might have to be long enough to forget how rolling feels/what to expect if that's possible.

Once the magic is gone, you can wait 20 years and not get the desired effect anymore.

Once the magic is gone, you can wait 20 years and not get the desired effect anymore.
That's debatable I think and differs among people. I have a friend that used to abuse MDMA really hardcore, multiple times each week in huge doses and this for about 1.5 years, until he just got some stimulant effects from it, almost no euphoria or empathy. After 2 years of complete abstinence from all drugs he tried again, still greatly diminished effects, about 20% of what it used to be. Then right before he got married he wanted to try one more time. It was 8 years ago since his binge period and 6 years ago since he unsuccessfully tried it again. I brought green androids, fantastic pills. I am certain I looked just like that my first time doing the stuff and to him it felt like that too, it was like he was rediscovering the drug. He said it felt as magical as it did his first time. So even in extreme cases it's possible to reset your tolerance, but it can take years and years. And yet for some people it might indeed be permanent

Last edited:
If I had a good pill like a green android, then I would gladly take it and be ecstatic to have the magic again! The last time I rolled was in 2002.

I am starting to lose the magic, too... I pushed it too hard this summer living (chasing) the dream. I had an absolute blast but my rolls are not the same as they were before. Looks like my MDMA days are numbered.

Note to anyone out there: do not buy fire MDMA in large quantities because it is too easy to come home from the bar at 2am and weigh out a dose and blow your precious few "magic" rolls when you are hammered and there is nothing going on.

this is how i am with mdma, ive been taking it for 11 years and its been years and years since i have gotten a great buzz from it. i have taken multiple years off as well and taken some of the best mdma ive ever seen and barely catch a good buzz. i mean i get high but no euphoria and no empathy.