• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall IR

theundecided

Greenlighter
Hi,

New user, first post. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

My friend Armani wanted to try Adderall for the first time two weeks ago to see what all the hype was about. Armani is 5'10, 175 pounds and does not have ADD and is not prescribed Adderall. Armani started with a blue, 10 mg IR Adderall to try. After 30 minutes or so Armani felt nothing and proceeded to take another 10 mg IR Adderall. It was shortly thereafter that Armani felt what could be considered 'the high' or 'the focus' for about 30 minutes before it altogether wore off. Armani called it a day there and figured the next time he tried it, he would take more.

A week passes and Armani decides to try Adderall again. This time Armani takes 20 mg IR Adderall at one time and waits 45 minutes before feeling again what could be considered 'the focus'. It did not feel any stronger than last time so Armani took on more 10 mg IR Adderall to make it a total of 30 mg. 'The focus' or 'the high' again only lasted for 30 minutes. Each time after these 30 minutes it felt as if the Adderall had all but wore off except for residual thirst and subtle energy (as if Armani had taken some form of a pre workout/coffee).

Armani wants to try Adderall one more time to see if he can feel 'the focus' for hours like most people describe. Should Armani take 40 mg IR or even 50 mg IR? Is there any particular reason why Adderall only lasts for such a short amount of time when Armani takes it? Armani has never tried a stimulant other than coffee (which even then is rarely consumed) and the likelihood of Armani having ADD is slim to none.

Any ideas or opinions will help, thank you.

50 mg IR?

I also forgot to mention these IRs are not adderall. They're just generic amphetamine salts. Although I don't think that effects the potency.

Maybe Armani is expecting too much for Adderall or Armani is expecting a longer kick than IR provides. Should Armani try XR or just keep uping his dose till he hits that golden MG amount

Last edited:
Haha 120mg will give u a long high just a little less intense than methamphetamine. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner tbh. It can get pretty tweak like.

If one was to take 30mg ir without a tolerance about how long until the crash?

Couldn't tell you I'm more of a weed opiate guy.

The only strong stim I've done was meth once and I didn't have any crash from it. I have some Adderall and I'm trying to judge when to take it, I don't want to be up all night and crash right before I have to go to work.

Certain people just respond differently to different dosages of Adderall, or any drug for that matter.

If you want to achieve more a high from it, I'd say just try lightly increasing the dose as you've been doing. Though you might consider spacing it out a couple days between 'trials' in order to prevent a tolerance to the salts building. This can happen even if the 'high' isn't achieved. You may simply turn out to be someone who doesn't much care for or appreciate the 'high' from stimulants though.

No need to rush it or go bonkers with the dosage, just try another light increase.

If one was to take 30mg IR without a tolerance about how long until the crash?

Typically the drug is advertised to last 4-6 hours. This is how long it should last roughly with no tolerance.

You may not notice much of a 'crash' at all depending on body weight and other factors.

If by crash you mean comedown. If you just mean the effects wearing off, then again roughly 4-6 hours.

Armani gives himself a week between doses. Think 50 mg would be an acceptable jump from 30mg?

I would say 50 isn't an unreasonable jump from 30. Especially since you seemingly didn't feel the effects at that dose.

Also keep in mind other factors that can aid in absorption of amphetamines such as stomach acidity. It can make quite a difference for myself.

Typically the drug is advertised to last 4-6 hours. This is how long it should last roughly with no tolerance.

You may not notice much of a 'crash' at all depending on body weight and other factors.

If by crash you mean comedown. If you just mean the effects wearing off, then again roughly 4-6 hours.

Is that all? I was under the assumption that without a tolerance the effects would stick around much longer.

Yes I meant the comedown and I'm a bony 130lbs. =D

For this weekend Armani can only get 20 mg XR.
This will be his first experience with XR.
Based on his experiences with IR, would it be advised to try 40 mg XR or is that far too much?

stop saying Armani dude its annoying, YOU are taking the adderall so lets just get that out of the way

given your size, its not unreasonable to take 50mgs of adderall at once. its more of a mind state thing, if you dont do anything on it you wont feel focused because you arent doing anything to focus on. this is where a certain dosage of adderall will literally MAKE you have to be doing something

IRs are, for what you are looking to get out of it, exponentially more appealing than XRs. There's really not a whole lot going for XRs, they are basically just useful for keeping someone awake IMO. Some people say you can crush the beads up but it just makes it kick in a little bit faster from my experience. It doesnt make the effects more intense

40mgs of IR crushed up and mixed with water should have you feeling quite alright and focused, if it doesnt than Id have to start wondering where you are acquiring these pills from...

to answer your question, take 40mgs of XRs or dont take anything at all

If you are getting XRs, then it important, I believe, to chew up the beads well before swallowing.

What will chewing the beads do?
Would 40 mg XR be enough you think or should he try 60 mg XR?

Is chewing sufficient enough to increase the efficiency of XR?

And he's tested the water with 40 mg of IR but would 60 mg XR be too much? I have never tried XR and am not sure how different it feels from IR.

Is chewing sufficient enough to increase the efficiency of XR?

And he's tested the water with 40 mg of IR but would 60 mg XR be too much? I have never tried XR and am not sure how different it feels from IR.

Sorry I was going to ignore your question but since you asked twice it must be urgent...8)

Don't be lazy, put the beads in a tiny bowl or dish and mash them up well with a spoon if you want more of it to be released instantly.

So to answer your question, NO its not sufficient.

Last edited: