Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1st time used crystal meth

notforme

Greenlighter
Where to begin, I am not a drug user at all, don't smoke weed, nothing other than 15 years ago I dabbled in coke, but wasn't hooked. I began to suspect that my bf of 6 years was has been using meth for a couple of months now, yesterday I found his stash on the bathroom floor and at first I was very angry because he told me that he had, but wasn't anymore, that was over a month ago. Anyways I thought what the heck, I wanted to know what what it felt like and why he does it. Anyways I ingested no more than that dust that was in the bottom of the bag, enough to give me a bad taste in my mouth. That was at 9 am yesterday morning. What i think was 20 minutes later I developed a headache like i have never had before, there was so much pressure I thought my head was going to explode, after an hour of pacing and running my fingers through my hair because it made it seemed to help with the pain. I started feeling rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, anxiety, even a little paranoia, head was fuzzy almost like i was drunk but wasn't, then a few hours later I felt jittery and not in a good way, but in a nervous kind of way, and very nauseated, even threw up even though nothing came up because I hadn't eaten anything since the night before. As the day went on these feelings intensified and at times i thought I was going to either have a stroke from the pressure in my head or a heart attack. When bf came home from work at 6 pm and I told him that I found his crap and did some. Well he decided what the heck and we smoked some, I had 2 puffs have not had any since at 6:30 pm last night. He had a little more and then told me to get rid of that crap. To make a long story short it has been well over 24 hours for the first which was ingested and 9 hours since smoked. I have not eaten and the thought of food makes me so nauseated that I have gagged a few times today. I am still having heart palpitations, nervousness, shaky, jittery feelings, light headiness upon standing, mild headache, with fuzziness, my legs hurt like I have just ran for miles, but haven't and the rest of my body feels like just warn out. Still have not slept which I know can attribute to the fuzziness in my head as I know what sleep deprivation feels like, have had insomnia before. I know I am coming down, what I want to know is how long is this going to last, and what am I going to expect in the next few days. I have tried several times to just lie down, but when i do the heaviness in my chest (heart palpitations) and shortness of breath seem to worsen, so then does the nervousness.
I tell you, never again, this is one experience in which I will never repeat. I did not feel the uphoic feeling, nor did it give me the any feelings of confidence, well being, or energy at all. All this did was make me feel anxious, miserable, and a lost of control of how I was feeling, which is the number one reason why I am not a drug user, I am all about control and it scared me to death if I am not in control of my body, my mind. So my question is how long are these feelings going to last, these symptoms, I am not asking to take something else to elevate this as this is my punishment for being stupid and I will ride it out, I just want to know how long before these symptoms lighten, and what should I expect in the next few days as I have read that this can last for a few days. Any help will do, thanks for listening.

You will be back down to sober in 24 to 36 hours after your last meth was done. You will be as good as new in 2 to 3 days.

I was a meth user for a long time in my early 20s. You'll be fine, you just don't feel fine. Using once shouldn't be a problem. Maybe check your pulse. I would stay up and try to sleep tonight if possible. If panic sets in maybe take a valium tonight if you have any.