• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

14th day heroin free - Extremely tired - Is this normal?

NullAndVoid

Bluelighter
I'm an addict and got some dihydrocodiene, from there I went top shelf to pure fentanyl powder which is incredibly strong without IV, I weaned to smoking heroin for several month now and stopped 14 days ago. I figured that stopping smoking heroin would be child's play but it was full on, fever, cramps, diarrhea, vomitting, low blood pressure from not drinking for three days and not eating for four days. Now I am two weeks from going cold turkey and have absolutely no energy, I've been through withdrawal before and have been in a spot like this within the first week of withdrawal but not after two weeks.

I have got my blood pressure back up but still cannot function as I am too tired. Now, is this a common story and I am perhaps just depressed or perhaps maybe I should check with the doc now for diabetes or something. That smack did give me a sweet tooth.

Depends on how long you used, plus metabolism, body fat, weight among others. I used oxy and morphine for 7 years. I was 147lbs before using, ballooned to 235. I ate a total of 3 meals in 3 weeks. Lost 25lbs.

Im now 24 days clean and still fatigued, but my energy is coming back slowly. This is normal, the more you exercise, the more you sweat the faster it will leave, these drugs store in the fat cells, thats why it takes so long.

Expect anywhere from 1 more week to 6 more weeks. Good job getting this far, every day you'll feel better. One day at a time.

Bob

Post above right. We all withrawl different.From experience you are well within normal. Should notice difference around day 30 from heroin withdrawl. If you dont dont freak out. Your body has to reset itself and does it own pace. Putting healthy building material in it will help. VITAMIN S, MINERALS, fats carbs and Lots of protein ( eat less read as feasible). Avoid sugary foods/sweets. You are what u eat

One more thing to add,
Its not the medicine that stores in your fat causing to feel crispy it is the built of toxins your body is now having to detoxify. This is why you roller coaster and feel better then worse. Your body has shoved toxins everywhere it can in your body while on Herion so it could cope with all of them. Now, it has to deal with them. It so oozes out like sludge. Your rebuilding a new you give your body time. It takes 3-5 weeks to rebuild a small bone. You've got to rebuild a lot of organs/glands.....give yourself a break

Many people experience extreme fatigue from opiate withdrawal. And often from PAWS as well, which is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome and can last quite a while, though it gets gradually better. People experience that for different lengths of time as well.

So yes, this is normal. :)

And as mentioned, eating good foods (not processed, simple sugars, etc) so you get good nutrients will help you feel so much better (this is true all the time too but particularly important when healing from something like opiate addiction). And once you can manage, you should start exercising, at least doing 20 minutes of cardio a day, but ideally working out to get your body strong. This helped me 10 times more than anything else when I got off opiates, plus it releases endorphins which will help to stabilize your mood and repair your endogenous opiate receptors.

Eat healthy n try light exercise - walking around the house etc.

Good luck - and well done on day 14. You've got this!

Evey