• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Demons

OTHERSIDE

Greenlighter
Anyone here familiar with demonic possessions. Let me know your experiences. Also provide a good list of the symptoms...The reason Im asking is cause Im positive that I have some demons on my back but I haven't necessarily seen anything. I know Im not crazy... Im just extremely lost. LOSt in every sense of the word. Also if anyone can offer a self exorcism guide that would great, and even better if anyone can offer a guide to make a demonic possession happen. It might help to clarify things...

I don't have any auditory hallucinations. But I do notice that I talk to myself out loud quite often. Keep in mind though I am alone most of my waking life. Destructive?... DXM every other day or so and frequent compulsive masturbation which I know is poison. I wouldn't say I have a violent hate towards christianity, but I do strongly believe there is an evil conspiracy behind it. I have an extremely hard time concentrating. I just dropped school. And I have terrible anxiety. I believe I come off as a nut talking to others, all that seems to come out my mouth is occult philosophy. I don't know about weird shit, I think that existence itself is pretty weird. My whole childhood seems like a mystery clouded by unseen forces dictating my future. I feel I am out of control. Its hard to explain... I feel like Im in control but there is like 3, 4, maybe 5 other me's equally in control, in their own place and time. I don't think Im in anything dirty. Just a huge infatuation with death, freedom, the afterlife, the other-side of reality and Lucifer. All with honestly good intentions. I just need to know Im not crazy. Do demons exist or what?

Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out started to play as I opened your thread and began thinking...

"Every demon wants its pound of flesh" soon I heard.

My first thoughts on demons and possession were:

1. The girl that talked about it a lot, and angels, Donna, also claiming so many she knew were possessed by demons. She never mentioned that she may have been plagued by them as well, even though she saw dark spirits frequently around her, and it seemed everyone in her past had a demonic attachment.

2. What are demons? Are demons just problems? Possessed by a problem? Forms of thought are they? Troublesome? Are they actual entities? Both?

3. The dark spirit I saw enter me (pass through me...?) when I was very young. I saw it running up the steps, almost flying, the grace with which it seemed to move. I was going to the restroom as I often did in the middle of the night (or that was the habit recognized). I went to the steps as it reached the top and tried to kick it. My leg went through it. It passed through me, and it felt a certain kind of cold, I think. As it's (his) face passed through me, I could make out coloring. Like it was wearing a mask. It appeared black- shadowy in the dark coming up the steps... But as it passed through me/just before I saw a copper-like coloring, and seemingly facial hair. A few days growth or so. The look of being charred/burnt also comes to mind.

Its first pass it turned left/my right. It went into my parents room and just stared at their bed/at them as they slept, centered a few feet from the foot of it. I asked what it was doing in here. No answer. It then turned after a moment and I thought I may have its attention. It walked through me again, as if it didn't even see me. Again I saw the copper or iron (rusty looking) coloring, like flecks of this on black, and burryness, as it got right close to me, and as it passed through me.

I can't remember at that point really, if it passed through or stayed inside. I have an image of it passing through, and going into my room, but maybe I just assumed it did because it was nowhere to be found. I turned on the light in my room and looked for it... But found nothing.

After, I think I used the restroom, and seemed to 'put it to bed'- what I saw, easily then. But I've thought about it in years since:

- Was it a demon? Some kind of angel? Another spirit? A ghost? Why did it have attraction to my parents? Why did it seem to not even be able to see me? Was it me? Did it just take me/am I possessed by this spirit/demon?

I for some reason don't see whatever it was, even though seemingly 'ugly', as bad... It just didn't seem 'bad'.

4. I honestly don't know. Back to 2. Are demons problems? Challenges? Aren't they?

What are your more tangible problems in life? Why do you feel lost? What's going on with ya?

Last edited:
Lost In every sense of the word. I truly meant that. Why do people walk around with their head held high, like they know what the fuck is going on. What the fuck is going on? Can anyone tell me. I am UNCERTAIN about my existence, this reality, my past, my future. Hell I don't even know why I even bother typing this. I just have a strong agitating feeling that something. I don't know what but SOMETHING CRUCIAL about whatever the FUCK WE CALL LIFE isn't right... Maybe I want to be possessed. I want to hear voices, I want to talk with people who aren't physical. I just don't want to kill myself. I want to escape but not kill myself. Is that possible not Escape but ESCAPE. Must I have demons in order for that to happen or must i get rid of demons. Whatever I need to do I will fucking do it.

Demons surround me. Try to make me do unconstructive and negative things instead of bettering myself and taking responsibility in difficult situations. Good thing there's angels guiding me to do the right thing too. At the end it all boils down to free will that god both blessed and cursed us with.

I hear voices. When they began often they sounded like demons. They would call out my demons. They called me a piece of shit/I felt like a pos. They threatened my ego. They tore it apart. I had a classical schizophrenic right left male female good bad set up... The male would say things that got to my insecurity in a bad way, but made me examine myself. The female was always relief. She was loving, seeing redeeming things about me, and reason. Over the years I'd like to say that I've balanced these. I've tried to live up to, or reconcile these. At least I made somewhat of an effort. Now I don't hear the male voice hardly at all, and rarely the females either. There were periods, where I heard them more, and learned a lot for the time. And the male voices over the years havent been as 'problematic' as the beginning. But I tend to like the female voices better. But that could have been my desire...

I don't know. I've heard them since 2002. If they were schizophrenia they should be getting worse. They aren't... And they have been welcome when they have been here. They've also predicted things, or said things that were soon reflected in my reality. They've provided insight.

A demon... Can be an angel. An angel carries a message-- Is a messenger. A problem/difficulty lends to solving and preparing you for more.

Reading your post, I get the part about something crucial about life being fucked up... Got quite the feeling when you said that, because I feel I've been somewhere there coming to a similar idea before. Can we escape this? I don't know. I think that it is all inclusive, to experience. The only true hope we might have of "escape" is Nirvana- extinguishing the flame. I don't think suicide is an option for that, really... Even if we might not remember the problems that we couldn't get past, that made us end it, we'd carry those problems into some kind of 'next life'. I don't know. The fire burns for all the demons? Why else would there be life? If there was nothing left to do... No problem left to solve... No task to complete, why would it continue?

I want to say people carry their head up high, thinking they know... That at least some delude themselves. But perhaps some accept things. Maybe some just make up their mind. I can't say they don't "know", some of them, though. I don't know.

I'm lost, too.

Last edited:
The part where you say you want to be possessed, hear voices.. It reminds me of myself wanting to see UFO's in the sky at night. I just wanted a sign that there was something more, something else going on. And you know, I have seen things in the sky (orange balls of light).. but it didn't change how I felt. Afterwards I realized that, yes, there is other stuff going on.. but what does that mean for me? Not much actually.

Trust me, you do not want to hear voices or invoke entities. I've confronted one in the astral realm before whilst on DMT.. pure malevolence. And I've been through a kind of psychedelic hell whilst involuntary astral projecting at night (had been drinking whiskey).. I had entities telling me how shit I was. They could see my insecurities and threw them right at me. Worst night of my life that was.

Entities are like wildlife, there's a whole ecosystem.. some are just doing their own thing like any bug or creature, but there are those which are more malevolent. Again, you do not want any of it inside your mind if you can avoid it. We have stuff to help the physical body when its injured but when it comes to the mind there are not many who can deal with that stuff at all. Even the so called shamans are way out of their depth. These lifeforms have an advantage over us.. we can not see them or fight them physically. Your mind is a sacred space.. be careful what you bring into it.

If you were full on possessed you would know it. A mood would settle on you under circumstances and it would force your actions. Serial killers, rapists etc.. these people are possessed. Ted Bundy in his final interview before being executed hinted at it but no one really understood what he meant.

What you should be aware of though is that perverse sexual acts are one door by which entities can enter the mind. That includes masturbation. Substance abuse is another door, and that includes alcohol not just narcotics. Moments of severe trauma too. Most people have mental parasites IMO.. we live in pretty degenerate times.

Here's an experiment for you. Stop masturbating for 30 days. You will learn a thing or two about your own psychology without a doubt.

Take MXE when you're in benzo withdrawal - if you want to see demons.

I think I'm possessed sometimes. I feel like I get so worked up over stuff it's like I can't even control it sometimes or maybe I'm just sort of bipolar, I don't know. Maybe I really am possessed by evil entities though

Lost In every sense of the word. I truly meant that. Why do people walk around with their head held high, like they know what the fuck is going on. What the fuck is going on? Can anyone tell me. I am UNCERTAIN about my existence, this reality, my past, my future. Hell I don't even know why I even bother typing this. I just have a strong agitating feeling that something. I don't know what but SOMETHING CRUCIAL about whatever the FUCK WE CALL LIFE isn't right... Maybe I want to be possessed. I want to hear voices, I want to talk with people who aren't physical. I just don't want to kill myself. I want to escape but not kill myself. Is that possible not Escape but ESCAPE. Must I have demons in order for that to happen or must i get rid of demons. Whatever I need to do I will fucking do it.

It could be that your a 'sensitive'. Meaning, your open to the possibilities and have an innate capacity to see or hear these things; but that also means you can channel the good too and they will in turn, guard from the not so good. .
Surround yourself with white light. Visualize white light surrounding you when you go to sleep. One need not be religious to pray either...

Sounds to me like your picking up on something and the fact that your even aware of it means you have some power here. So use it and ask for help from the benign friendly ones. You must be clear when doing this. Again, visualize white light surrounding yourself and your house. Use your heart and be strong when doing this. Keep it light and keep it bright.
also recommend smudging your house with some sweet grass or sage. Get into the corners of every room and ask any negative energies to please leave, they are not welcome here and have nothing to gain from you.

You'd be surprised at how much this action can help...

I do not think your possessed. I think your sensitive and with that comes responsibility. Know your strengths; everything will be alright. You will get through this.
white light to you and yours
blessings

Agreed. There is a lot of negativity among people in their personal interactions across many cultures and many eras.

I sometimes see/think of demons as projections of the mind.

I believe that the term demon exists as a placeholder for all that a mind fears and abhors about itself.

We are good and evil all.

I had an experience of ugly female demons dancing in circles around me and laughing out of their minds. Just enjoying seeing me suffering and coming down to their level. It took me to realise I didn't have to be there and could pull myself out of it to get out of it.

Agreed. There is a lot of negativity among people in their personal interactions across many cultures and many eras.

I sometimes see/think of demons as projections of the mind.

I believe that the term demon exists as a placeholder for all that a mind fears and abhors about itself.

I have to say I disagree and this is a reductionist type of explanation, but only because I (IMO) know where/what my mind is and so can discern what is me, and what is an external influence. When there's two voices, one your own, and another, coexisting at the same instant.. only one of them can be you. Two examples I can think of from personal experience:

A sleepless night after having a few whiskeys where I was in and out of lucid false awakenings, and the astral (a kind of psychedelic wonderland). I distinctly remember being in the bed in a lucid moment and hearing voices telling me how I shit I was, and other insecurities that only I know about.. It caught me off guard but I remember feeling/thinking at the same instant these voices were assaulting me, and thinking like "what the fuck? i doubt myself sometimes but i have belief in myself/would never insult myself like that".

A nightmare I had when I was very young. It was basically another lucid moment, in my bed, in the darkness of the room.. one of the door knobs from the wardrobe at the other side of the room began to stretch out and form a pointed needle, which began to stretch towards my face. The sense of fear I had then I can still remember. That particular nightmare always stuck with me as it honestly felt like an extrusion was trying to creep into my mind. I mean there's nightmares, and then there's that. I felt like I was being fucked with.

My belief is that these entities exist in the dimension where our mind functions, and that they are able to see our minds in some fashion.. allowing them to play on fears and take on forms that are relevant to the individual to extract the particular reaction/energy they're trying to feed from. They may actually be formless but we can't perceive that so they come to our perceptions using a shell constructed from the imaginations of our own.

EDIT: Also another nightmare I remembered from childhood. Being lucid and feeling something brushing down the side of my body and leg. I never saw anything but I felt it. My little brother had nightmares at a young age too, his were machine like abstractions that would terrify him. I think children are vulnerable to this type of attack, or maybe its just adults repress the memory of recent experiences at night?

^I've also got the feeling that they feed off of us, or use us some way.

Spooky.
When my sweetheart and I moved into the old house, we both had some really odd dreams of the house and certain shapes that looked human, in it. Being who I am and the natural protective nature I have, chased these things (in my dream) and even locked jaws with the big guy in the living room. I felt they were either projections of my own fears or actual entities hanging out in a place they were use to having for themselves. Well I wanted them gone. They were not friendly.
I took a hint from a local group and smudged part of my house. Seemed to help my mind.
As the months passed, more strange dreams/nightmares really.
Once in dream land (though I thought I was awake) I couldn't move and a shadow (though it looked like it had arms and legs) crawled up the bedroom wall, across the ceiling and scared the hell out of me when it attempted to lunge into me as I laid in my bed next to my sweetheart, paralyzed. . I awoke with a scream before it could. Ran down the stairs, grabbed my kit and dealt with it immediately without fear. (who am I kidding, I was afraid) Next time, same room, there was a pendulum hanging from the ceiling. I raised my arm (in my dream) up and something bit my hand. My right hand. I woke up and felt it. I then proceeded to smudge the whole house, top to bottom, every corner, asking all the while (and from a place of fearless love) for them to please leave. White light all round.
Seems weird?? I know.

Now I'm not saying this place is haunted. I did however speak with neighbours about this houses history and it turns out, this place has quite the history. The son of the Family that lived here long long ago murdered a child and the family harboured him here, hiding him from the police. So maybe it was him and his family. Somehow, maybe their energies had stayed on .
We love this house and have worked hard to cleanse it, love it. I have no idea why or how these strange dreams occurred. But lately it seems clean again. The last thing I want to do is piss off some negative energy so it was with quite the strange approach that I asked them to please leave in peace.
I do believe firmly that some people are more open than others to these types of things. and they know it..
Reading =ss='s story gave me shivers up and down the ol spine.

I hope the O.P is doing alright.
I have never heard negative voices saying horrible things in my ear. Once I heard the voice of my deceased ex fiance 7 years after he committed suicide telling me I'll get another chance at love, in a whisper when I was half asleep in a chair. i can't tell you how that lifted my spirits both hearing his voice and the content of what he was saying.
Can't imagine how spooked i'd be if I heard harsh voices. Can't imagine. I hope the O.P is alright.

A guide to make a demonic possession happen? What are you, crazy?

Allowing something to take over your body does not make you more powerful, it removes you from the equation. A lot of entities take power from you by triggering your weak spots: anger, fear, anxiety, depression, etc.

You're better off working with your own guides who came into this life with you to help you on your soul's journey. Talk to them, don't deal with astral low lives.

-_-

Don't worry OP, you don't have a demon on your back.. not a literal one, anyway.

The best way to get rid of your (metaphorical) demon is to eat healthy, get a decent night sleep every night, exercise, stop taking drugs, etc etc..+

FIND A HOBBY!

I'll also recommend meditation.

That sums up how I see it beautifully.

OP, being lost and uncertain isn't the problem as much as being uncomfortable in the uncertainty. No one knows what's going on, even those that stay very, very busy pretending to. I don't really worry about what is going on but I do enjoy the ride, both with and without my fellow humans, as long as I get to be on it. It does have an end.:\

to believe in demons means to believe in supernatural beings like god and the easter bunny. Oddly tho i find alot of athiets believe in demons? makes no sense to me