• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin stupid but..whens it safe to use again without w/ds

inmfh4488

Bluelighter
im honestly not ready to stop ruining my life and ppls around me. if i had a million dollars id sit at home high and never leave except for cigs and food.

i was wondering when you guys think, or if uve had experiance, its safe to use opiates again without cause me to go into/reseting my withdrawls. i plan to use 3pm tomarrow(tuesday) i last used 9pm last monday thats 7-8 days

history
x3 ten bags of heroin all thru last friday last of it at 5am ( i snort)
then quit but failed n went down last sunday night n used about 8/10s of a ten at 3am
monday i used the rest which was a full ten n the rest of sundays, and i was suprised how lit i got. i did maybe 3/10 of the total i had, n was suprised, and 2 hours later said fuck ima just do it all n nodded for 3hours woke up not high and pissed ( i only mention this so you understand how i kinda tapered or had my tolerance lowered from spaced out w/d and kinda smaller doses)

loner history would be i used oxy for a solid 4 years b4 5ish months of subs then i quit for about a year, then was on perc 10s that would get me high for about 8 mothns then i started to use heroin for 2 years.. just quit monday

so what u think. think ill get w/d? i want to use tomarrow. that will be around 6 hours short of 7full days without anything( i like to count my days starting at 24hours AFTER my last dose)
if u think i will when do u think is safe. i dont want to hurt myself with w/d again

im going to have drug tests and this is why ive quit, and it has forced me to be really sucessfull. its weird, i want to use as soon as i can and gret away with it both legally and physically, and im happy to not be a slave, i like the way i feel better everyday. but i still have designs its weird. guess this is the addict for life thing i hear. and my dreams...my fucking dreams.
in my dream last night. i met a girl from highschool who i used to date/want but nothing happened (cept with her friend - HEYYAA). n after dating we never saw each other she started using and moved outa state, so i was at like a house party and she had OC 95s that were black ( lmao i know dreams) i immediastly wanted one and in my brain was thinking on to con her cuz i had no money, she said no dont worry just pay me later and put in it my hand, i immediatly took half and chewed it idk why ( im a snorter). using dreams are weird, especially when u wake up thinking u have some left over for a quarter of a second.

Last edited:
For me (and all the opiate addicts I know) I believe totally in the 3 day rule. If you use for 3 days, it restarts your withdrawals. Even after a day I feel odd, and if I use for TWO days I def feel off but not too bad but three days, man.

You use for 3 days in succession you will feel sick, that's my advice.

it's impossible to tell whether you'll go into w/d or not. but every time you start using again you make it more likely w/d will hit sooner, be more intense & last longer.

some long term opioid users will find that even after a single use after being abstinent for a long time they get unpleasant "hangover"/withdrawal effects when it wears off. it really depends on your personal physiology though.

For me (and all the opiate addicts I know) I believe totally in the 3 day rule. If you use for 3 days, it restarts your withdrawals. Even after a day I feel odd, and if I use for TWO days I def feel off but not too bad but three days, man.

You use for 3 days in succession you will feel sick, that's my advice.

im asking if its okay to do it once, since i only quit 7 days ago. will using one more time send me into withdrawls

today is suppose to be D-day. what yall think? will my next 7 days be shitty again if i use once today?

Yes it most likely will but as sekio said we can't tell you for sure. Every heroin addict I know that has quit can't seem to use here and there without being put right back into full blown withdrawals. But there are the odd exceptions where people do manage to use once here and there after being an addict and getting to a point where they are no longer dependant. Everybody is different so let us know what happens I guess. I think you already know there's a good chance you'll become dependant upon use but you just don't seem to care by the sounds of it.

Yes it most likely will but as sekio said we can't tell you for sure. Every heroin addict I know that has quit can't seem to use here and there without being put right back into full blown withdrawals. But there are the odd exceptions where people do manage to use once here and there after being an addict and getting to a point where they are no longer dependant. Everybody is different so let us know what happens I guess. I think you already know there's a good chance you'll become dependant upon use but you just don't seem to care by the sounds of it.
ill let the lurkers know what happens tomarrow

My rule is to wait 2 weeks, then after that use once every 10 days.
If you were just using a bag or two then I would say to wait a little over a week, but if you are using a decent amount you need to give it more like 2 weeks.

My rule is to wait 2 weeks, then after that use once every 10 days.
If you were just using a bag or two then I would say to wait a little over a week, but if you are using a decent amount you need to give it more like 2 weeks.

yea it was just a bag or two when i had quit last monday last dose 9pm. i used 2 tens today. ill report how i feel over the next 48 hours. i dont plan to use any for another 2weeks or month.

Let me know how it goes then man. For me, I've been stuck on opiates jumping between methadone, heroin, and suboxone for 20 years now. I find even one day of IV heroin use will leave me with restless legs and depression the day after, but not too bad. 2 days use will have me in withdrawals with everything except the shitting my pants and stomach issues. 3 days has me in complete withdrawal, and it seems to last forever too.

Let me know how it goes then man. For me, I've been stuck on opiates jumping between methadone, heroin, and suboxone for 20 years now. I find even one day of IV heroin use will leave me with restless legs and depression the day after, but not too bad. 2 days use will have me in withdrawals with everything except the shitting my pants and stomach issues. 3 days has me in complete withdrawal, and it seems to last forever too.

ill deff let you know how i feel tomarrow and the next day. i plan to either way so the lurkers on google can get some info. these forums are a godsent for helping people avoid nasty situations. theyve always been a life saver for me

i used the rest of what i had at about midnight. i used a total of 2 tens over the course of 12hours.(noon-midnight)

so i was up till about 5 am chaining cigs. i woke up today around 1130 and keep passsing back/wake up every hour out till i got up at 330( if i was sick i feel i woulda stayed up when i woke up at 1130). now while i feel safe in saying i didnt not get put back in withdrawls i am feeling something.

last night i was gettin itchy all over my body. i mean ALL OVER( alot in the legs and arms when usually for me opaites only really do the face and pubes area). i kinda chucked it up to the first time being high again in what must feel like a long time for my body/brain, but ive never got this itchy in these places before even when takin a shit ton of T3s or drinking some tussin AC. each time i woke up i would itch myself. and i am still itchy. my head is a little cloudy kinda like a opiate hangover from back when i first started taking starter heroin(vicoden). and i still feel a general coldness. none of these symptoms are on a intense or crazy level. i feel like i shouldnt still be itchy(opaite withdrawl or no opiate withdrawl), or still be generally cold. im thinking some of the things im feeling are from possible kidney failure or starting to fail. i have all the other symptoms too.

but overall im confident to say i do not feel like i am dope sick. will update this over the course of 24 hours. i am however "under the weather". i guess only time will be able to tell the 2 part.

sorry if this is all over the place, this itchiness has really got me scratching my head. no pun intended

UPDATE 1

since ive been up for an hour and got out of bed and moving, i can definitly say i am not in withdrawls.
i have the same appetite as yesterday ( before i took the heroin)
i have the same energy as yesterday ( before i took the heroin)
was able to move around get out of bed and be activee the same as yesterday ( before i took the heroin)
my back pain is the same as yesterday ( before i took the heroin)
i feel the same general coldness as yesterday ( before i took the heroin)
however i am now itchy as fuck today and wondering what it could be.

update 2

after using on tueasday, i felt pretty much okay for the entire of wednesday but today(thursday) i felt some lingering w/d i wasnt full blowin sick but my RLS seemed to have come back and i had trouble sleeping. my energy wasnt sapped or anything and i had a solid apetite so theres that.,.

unfortunatly i used 15mg of oxy today, so well see what happens friday/saturday im kinda worried. ill keep yall posted

IME,and this is just me,I can't do heroin just a little bit.I can for a while but it always ends up spiraling out of control untill it all blows up in my face.But everyone is different.If you can do this then more power to you.You are lucky.I can use pain pills with semi-moderation but heroin always runs away with me.

wouldn't it be smart to save any opiates you have for RLS during the night? i know from my experience with RLS it's pretty much not a problem during the day because i'm always moving around, but at night when you lay down to try to get some form of sleep is when it kicks in the worst it seems<-----keyword. idk maybe it's just me, but when i'm coming off something i would rather just deal with the any pain i have during the day and save the meds for the evening for homework and getting sleep. because let's face it, trying to do homework with RLS is a nightmare as well.