• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shooting ativan sublingual .5mg

evad04

Greenlighter
So, what i did was...... i know that lorazepam is not water soluble.. but the fillers are water soluble.. so i put a .5 ativan SubLing in water, in a cup, and shook it, after it shook, the water stayed clear but there were all the particles that stayed at the bottom of the cup.... i assumed these particles were ativan..... and the other water in the cup was the fillers that do dissolve in water...... so i filtered the water through a tshirt.. and the particles that were on the bottom of the cup ended up on top of my t shirt as they have not been filtered with the water... i took these particles (which im assuming is just the ativan, no fillers, just ativan) and added them to a spoon, where i then added water and squished it around, but these "ativan particles" would not dissolve into the water...... obviously because its insoluble....... so here are my questions:

1)do you think you could draw up the solution without a filter, into a syringe.... i mean, put the actual "ativan particals" in the rig and iv it that way???

2)why cant you just shoot ativan the way it is??

3)does anyone have a method of injecting ativan that doesnt involve ethanol or alcohol???

thanks for the help%):?

Hey evadO4 and welcome to BL:)

What is the reason you desire to ingest this chemical through a rout that requires a needle. It does not produce a rush as it does not activate the dopamine reward pathway, so there will end up being no benefit from doing this.

What is the reason you desire to ingest this chemical through a rout that requires a needle. It does not produce a rush as it does not activate the dopamine reward pathway.

not looking for a rush.... looking to hit using ativan, to get ativan effects... just wanna feel ativan harder

Where did you get this method? Or did you make it up as you went along... :/ either way, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Also, all the "I assumed" or "I'm assuming" parts of your post make me really nervous. You need to "know" not "assume" when it comes to something as serious as injecting a substance in your body.

You have no way of knowing that whatever you filtered out is just the active ingredient, it could usually be filler that wasn't water soluble either. Not to mention the fact that your t-shirt is a very unsanitary thing to be filtering something that's going into your veins... if you don't know how to IV correctly and safely, you shouldn't be trying to inject Ativan. C'mon dude.

As for your questions:
1) No. Anything that can't be filtered shouldn't be injected. And if something isn't water soluble then it won't dissolve in your blood either so doing this would achieve nothing.
2) You answered this yourself, because it's not water soluble.
3) If you're determined to do this use the search engine. First to find out how to IV using correct and sterile technique. Then to find out how to safely make a benzodiazepine into an injectable form.

But you should really just eat the damn thing. It will work fine and doesn't put your veins and health at risk. And even if you find a way to IV it, it won't make enough difference for it to be worth the hassle.

Since this chemical does not affect the mesolimbic reward pathway there is no reason to take it this way. Whenever we inject a chemical through the use of a needle we take on risks of infecting a system or introducing chemicals its not designed to deal with. The skin is the largest organ in the body. Its job is to form a very significant barrier in between what the body allows in and what it does not. The systems and other organs in the body have evolved to deal with what it does and does not allow in. The chance that you may introduce a pathogen like staph which grows on the outside of your skin is greatly increased through the use of IV or IM injections. When we choose to inject substances we also introduce chemicals that the body is not equipped to deal with. A good example is small solid particles that make there way in from the cut of the pills we inject. The body is not equipped to deal with these and they can and will cause havoc and possibly death if taken long enough when they plug up the kidneys.

Im am in no way judging, but to engage in such a dangerous practice without receiving any real benefit is a risk I advise you avoid.

Last edited:
Injecting the pills,even assuming you found a way to make the Ativan dissolve(which would require certain chemicals and the knowledge of how to do the process,proportions of solvent to solute etc....which it doesn't sound like you have),you wouldn't really get any higher,just a faster onset.I've been taking benzos for decades and the only times I've ever done them intraveinously has been with liquid preperations made for injection.Even injecting pills like hydromorphone that break right down in water carries a lot of risks,especially of abscess.It can cost you an arm and if the infection hits your bloodstream and goes septic it's probable that you will die.I know many will disagree with me but the best way to get more out of Ativan(a pretty weak benzo IMO)is to crush them up between two spoons into a fine powder and sniff them.It hits within a couple of minutes and comes on way stronger.I regularly do this with my Xanax and feel them a lot better that way,it just doesn't last quite as long.Blow your nose really good first and cut the powder into a bunch of thin lines,doing a line or 2 up each nosrtil and wait a few seconds before repeating unitil all powder is sniffed.The idea of small,thin lines is that you don't want the mucosa to become caked up with binders and fillers.Doing it this way ensures that what you sniff will have maximum contact with the membranes and have a chance to absorb better.You don't want to sniff as hard as you can either since you want the least amount possible to go down your throat.After every line is consumed,wait 4 or 5 minutes and dip 2 fingers in water and sniff a bit up your nose.to clear your nostrils.Only then do want to catch a drain.Just because most benzos are not water soluble doesn't mean they aren't absorbed intranasally.Other factors come into play with this.I've read studies supporting this although I couldn't begin to tell you where to find them.I'm not really tech savvy,computers are relatively new to me.A lot of stuff I find on the internet is by accident (like Blue Light) and a lot of times I find something,read or watch it,then can't remember how to find it again.But I discovered sniffing benzos a few years ago.I'd heard of people doing it but thought it was just stupid until I finally tried it and to my surprise it worked a lot better than just eating them.But for heaven's sake,don't attempt to iv benzo pills,you're just asking for a trip to the emergency room to have an abscess surgically removed or worse.I've got a needle fixation and if shooting benzo pills were possible I would have been doing it long ago.It's ultimately your decision but it won't work and I'm trying to save you a shit ton of unpleasantness.There are 1 or 2 that break down and are shootable (can't remember which ones,I think midazolam is 1 but am not sure) but good luck finding them.Sniffing them and, to a lesser degree, taking them sublingually are the best ways to get the most bang for your buck with benzos like Xanax and Ativan.For some reason I couldn't get it to work with Valium and Klonopin's mintyness just causes me to sneeze them right out,wasting them.But whtever you do,I highly advise against shooting pill form benzos.