• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Highest safe daily Phenylephrine dose?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
What is the highest safe dose that I can take of phenylephrine?

I just picked up a bottle of 150 10mg pills for less than 5 dollars. Not too shabby.

But, how long consistently, daily can i take this drug above the recommended dosage, or even at the suggested dose for that matter, without side effects? I've read that the half_life is three hours I believe.

It is a placebo. After about 6 pills (6x recommended dose) you will probably feel uncomfortable but still, your nose will remain congested. This drug is like taking Strattera instead of Dexedrine, it is shit.

It is not a replacement for pseudo ephedrine. It is completely useless I do not know why you would ever take it. I am sure cow manure is cheap too. You can buy it by the metric ton.

Don't take pheylephrine at all, it's useless as a decongestant and even worse as a stimulant.

I think it is crap as well, but my husband did really well with it. May have been a placebo effect, but he would take like 3 at a time about every 4 hours with no ill effects. He was too chicken to ask for pseudofed. Once I got the pseudofed for him (to conserve adderall this is) he found it way too strong.

It is a placebo. After about 6 pills (6x recommended dose) you will probably feel uncomfortable but still, your nose will remain congested. This drug is like taking Strattera instead of Dexedrine, it is shit.

It is not a replacement for pseudo ephedrine. It is completely useless I do not know why you would ever take it. I am sure cow manure is cheap too. You can buy it by the metric ton.

Placebo of what? did you read my post?? I'm asking about its long-term safety or higher than recomnded dosage safety.

We are all in agreement thus far that it does nothing? i find that hard to believe though that wasn't my question.

What about for other common uses such as priaprism?

@jackiepeyton-
I dont think pseudofed is any longer available without perscription.

I has almost no effect except at many times the recommended dose. It may work for priapism (wtf) but I would go with tobacco/ Adderall for that if you had it for whatever reason. I don't think anyone has real information on the risks of extended use at multiples of the recommended dose

"I don't think anyone has real information on the risks of extended use at multiples of the recommended dose " _DankOpiAmp_

oh alright. well maybe somebody can chime in here with a citation. I mean advil you can use daily on years right without it hurting your liver largely right? maybe i was being too specific

what dosage are you suggesting as triggering measurable vasoconstriction?

Don't take pheylephrine at all, it's useless as a decongestant and even worse as a stimulant.

broham, trippy avatar forsure. I could see it not being that strong of a stimulant, but where are you basing this on with the leaky nose?

Isn't this the shit they put in some cough syrups and sudafed and shit? I'm pretty positive it has absolutely no recreational value so don't even bother. Try some benzedrex.

Phenylephrine is pretty well known for being a scam. The majority of studies, especially recent studies, find no evidence that it's better than placebo.

Propylhexedrine (benzedrex), on the other hand, is great. Do an extraction (!!!) with a weak acid like vinegar and be aware that any dose above 250 mg (one inhaler cotton) is likely to have awful side effects.

God, strattera. What a bunch of horseshit that is!

And can I just chime in to say; because of meth addicts, regualr folk no longer have access to a decongestant that actually works effectively. As I am in the UK, psedoephedrine is still available and the sudafed that comes with antihistamines is a lifesaver during hay-fever months.

More accurately, because of the USA's insane war on drugs people are forced to use decongestants to make meth in what is often a dangerous process that yields a dirty product.

In the US you can't even get pseudoephedrine behind the counter? I was almost positive you could .
Here in Canada they have started putting the sudafed behind the counter, with no obvious restrictions (much like T1's) but I guess solely to moniter things (like you buying 50 boxes at once, or the rest of the ingredients for meth).