Lana Del Rey

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
lana's the prettiest thing i've ever heard. there is a simple or superficial feel to it. that doesn't ruin anything.

i listen to Paradise, Born to Die, and Ultraviolence a lot. and have been for a while now. today's the first i've heard any of her early albums. just made the first pass through Sirens ...

all the charm and energy of a little angel discovering her voice. love My Momma.

last year 'summertime sadness' was on the radio all the time here

she was my celebrity crush for a while too

Paradise is it for me. Like an American! I've had Ultraviolence on my computer for ages now but haven't listened to it more than once. I have a bunch of "unreleased" or "demos" or whatever. Like 300 lana songs. you know this. I like 'Back to the Basics'.

Oh Lana.

tumblr_m7sdg7EV5Z1r2wy1qo1_400.png
tumblr_m7sdg7EV5Z1r2wy1qo2_400.png
tumblr_m7sdg7EV5Z1r2wy1qo3_400.png

sisters.

they must be really close.

I've had Ultraviolence on my computer for ages now but haven't listened to it more than once.
it's different than Born to Die and Paradise. not alienating her persona nor sound, but definitely something new. Fucked My Way to the Top is my favorite song of 2014. not expecting anything to knock it in the next few months.

i searched youtube for "studio acapella" and "Summertime Sadness (Studio Acapella) - Lana Del Rey" was the first result, so i fucked around and came up with this...

pitched down vocals a tad... liked how it sounded :\

Love Lana! She's one of my favorite human beings ever. I have so much of her music it's unreal lol. 135 songs just in my itunes (which are the ones I like), probably 2x that much total. She has a lot of old sloppy demos that aren't that great but everything else is near perfection.

[video=vimeo;78966848]http://vimeo.com/78966848[/video]

kiss my mouth

^reminds me of 90s feminist punk like Bikini Kill.

NSFW:

don't know that lana is going for that blatant irony. she just likes it violent and objectifying. whatever's enthralling.

i can almost reach mine now, ohhhh sugar!!! fuck, i haven't listened to pussy whipped in like 10 years.

i really liked lana's voice in that track. it gets low and dark and sneering, unlike other times when its just low and dark to be sexy.

I've tried not to like her, but failed. :)
The overly-seductive-depressive-'daddy-issue' fetish thing, seemed a bit of a worn-out cliche, to me, originally but seems like her legit inspiritation...and despite initial misgivings, it's just enticing ...and her voice is awesomely flawed, brooding and expressing the full gamut of emotional manipulation that comes with real, trad-pop, love songs - emulating the beauty, of Chris Isacc's 'Wicked Game'. Love her thang. ;)

Her voice sounds amazing in that initial post. Delighted she got to show off her true talent. :D

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;5IKNI6adz-4]http://youtu.be/5IKNI6adz-4[/video]

didn't think much of it the first few times i listened. because good songs are an acquired taste, plus i was accidentally listening to the music video version. took it at its surface meaning the first few times, her telling some daddy to fuck off (which is the interoperation i prefer). after actually taking a glance at the music video, i get that it's also her telling the media to fuck off.

"Put Me in a Movie / Little Girls" (2010)
lights, camera, acción
you know i can't make it on my own

"High By The Beach" (2015)
lights, camera, acción
i'll do it on my own

Last edited:
Lana Del Rey certainly has a unique sound. I think she is hit and miss. I think the tracks Born to Die, Summertime Sadness, Video Games, Young and Beautiful are unparalled in atmosphere to me. I don't mind the song Ultraviolece, but the rest of her material just doesn't hold up (IMO). But Born to Die in particular is truly haunting to me...

I've tried not to like her, but failed. :)
The overly-seductive-depressive-'daddy-issue' fetish thing, seemed a bit of a worn-out cliche, to me, originally but seems like her legit inspiritation...and despite initial misgivings, it's just enticing ...and her voice is awesomely flawed, brooding and expressing the full gamut of emotional manipulation that comes with real, trad-pop, love songs - emulating the beauty, of Chris Isacc's 'Wicked Game'. Love her thang. ;)

I know exactly what you mean... for so long I never bothered to listen to her because I kind of just internally rolled my eyes at the whole image (and I tend to live under a rock when it comes to pop culture). Then I actually heard her music in a coffee shop and was totally blown away and now I'm a huge fan.

when i first heard her i thought her music was a created product. to a lesser extent but in the vein of brittany spears. not because her songs gave me that impression, but because i had that as a preconceived notion and something about her songs supported it. and it took me a while to listen to them enough to break that notion.

i still sometimes question if there isn't a board of directors pulling the strings that make Lana Del Rey. i certainly think there is performance art aspect to what she's doing, but i also believe she might truly be the auture.

she has tons of stuff floating around that isn't on an album. including some stuff that falls between her may jailer stuff and Born to Die/Paradise. some of the people in the comments make it sound like it's stuff hacked off of her computer, but a lot of it looks intentionally released at some point. often has a light punk rock sound, like "Push Me Down" and "Kinda Outta Luck." some of the videos are original and i hear she's their creator. a lot of the songs are really good. they have long intros before the catchy part starts, which she is something she adds to her more recent music videos as well.

Kinda Outta Luck

particularly great ...

Without You

Last edited: