• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan & Alcohol?-Opinions

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Ive taken Ativan on and off for severe anxiety/panic attacks. Typically 1mg for about 2 years on and off. So far I just drank 4 beers with 1mg of Ativan, I feel more relaxed definitely but what do.you guys get out of this combo? Would it be worth it to buy more beer or to take another 1mg?

I'm very familiar with benzos and alcohol and their mode of action etc but never really combined them recreationally. How I can I get the most out of this combo safely?

How I can I get the most out of this combo safely?

You can't. Both lower your inhibitions and can interrupt your reasoning, and both independently depress your central nervous system, which compounds the risk. It's easy to black out. It's easy to forget and take more than you should. There is no way any responsible person would tell you this is something you can do safely.

safest thing you're gonna do is know your dose . Alcohol and benzos are gaba drugs so they amplify each other like crazy. I got to the point where basically I can't have one without the other man. Gotta benzo with booz. Keeps that nasty alcohol metabolite toxicity effect down. But I don't even drink a 6er and my beer is strong . 7+. if 1MG and 4beers is working for you, go for it. If you're sleeping 12 hours, check yourself cuz that fucks up your cycle bad, and if you catch your drinking or popping way more, as I said...CHECK YOURSELF. Cuz this combo is hella addictive. Buzz safely - Mike

I always wound up with that mind erase shit everytime I mixed the two, and my benzo tolerance is high, average about 3-4mgs to get me where I wanna be.

The secret and the struggle is to keep the benzo dose LOW and the alcohol moderate ...
Easy for me to say, I always know my blood pressure. But ya , if you have a high tolerance and intake for the benzo , or alcohol by itself gives you amnesia you got a problem with the mix. I'm just lucky I remember everything unless I mix shit with Soma, which is a whole other ball park and I say DONT MIX SOMA WITH SHIT.

also its kinda like, you don't really want the benzos to take over, OR the booz to take over..you gotta meet them in the middle. It's as usual, completely subjective and not always safe.

Can I just say please suggest you stay away from that combo? It actually just landed me in the hospital last week. Handcuffed to the bed. No im not kidding.

Personally I really enjoy the feel of benzos&booze BUT! know it's dangerous and stupid...
imo i would highly discourage it. if a friend asked the same question I'd say PLEASE DON'T.

Yeah,I love the combo too but I'm used to it and handle it just fine.Lots of people can't.It's really a personal thing and you gotta know your limits.

Benzos & alcohol usually lead to a night I don't remember very well & end up regretting in the morning. It feels good, but it's pretty dangerous if you're inexperienced & lowers inhibitions too much for my taste

I agree, that's why I don't mix often
Only on special occasions

I had one experience with 10mgs of Klonopin over the course of 2 hours (low benzo tolerance at time) & a bottle of Vodka....

Lol straight BLACKOUT that includes street fights with 3 neighbors and I had bought a dog I guess etc