• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

smoothie recipes

bernax

Bluelighter
ITT; We post Smoothie recipes

Today i will be making a pineapple lime passionfruit pear smoothie with some coconut flour for the protein (16grams per 100 grams of flour)

100 grams of powdered milk
A cup (~250ml) of water
400 grams of frozen strawberries

Blend it and enjoy.

I love smoothies! I usually just use a banana, orange, kale, and soy milk (powder+water). So good! If I have strawberries around, I'll add those too.

beets, banana, strawberries, blueberry and apple yummmm!!!

drugz r bad mkay?? :p

Choc Banana Protein Boost

kefir / or milk
ice
chia seeds
frozen banana
cacao powder
maca powder
whey powder
greek yoghurt

Berry nice vegi-time

vegetable ice-blocks (or just a bunch of leafy greens)
orange juice
frozen mango bits
kefir
chia seeds
frozen mixed berries
greek yoghurt
optional: banana

mango mango

mango
ice
strawberries
mint to garnish

yes, i name my smoothie creations...

i think today i'll go for the kiwi with blueberry, grapes and hemp smoothie

I made an improvised smoothie this morning that turned out lovely:

Kale x1 large handful
Celery x1 stick
Pear x1
Banana x1 large or 2 small
Almond milk x1/2-1 cup

^i just had kale smoothie and yum kale never fails me!

Hemp protein, Banana, Kale and Chocolate Almond milk (HEAVEN)...

Hemp protein, Banana, Kale and Chocolate Almond milk (HEAVEN)...
does hemp protein have all the necessary complete chains of amino acids? If not i'd throw a little dairy in the mix or some soy to get the most out of your protein intake.

Havent made a smoothie in a while I'm not into the healthy ones anymore...
anything peanut buttery with honey and chocolate and...wait... I just want a milkshake

ITT; We post Smoothie recipes

Today i will be making a pineapple lime passionfruit pear smoothie with some coconut flour for the protein (16grams per 100 grams of flour)
This is a LOT of coconut flour... How did this turn out? The stuff is super thick... Why not egg whites, protein powder?

does hemp protein have all the necessary complete chains of amino acids? If not i'd throw a little dairy in the mix or some soy to get the most out of your protein intake.
No, hemp protein does not have a complete amino acid profile but is still a good vegan source of protein:

On the PDCAAS scale, hemp seed rates a 51, while hemp seed meal — the source of hemp protein powders — rates a 48. In contrast, casein rates 100 on the scale, while egg whites also rate 100. Beef follows with a 92 rating, matching that of soy protein. That alone makes you wonder about this method of rating proteins, since it rates beef, an animal protein, at the same level as soy, a plant protein. Not surprisingly, the PDCAAS was developed by Ralston Purina, a major producer of — you guessed it — soy! On this scale hemp is similar to beans in terms of protein value but lower than oats.

My favorite is:

8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop Paleo or beef protein (vanilla almond from MHP)
1 frozen banana
1 T cocoa powder
2 packets Truvia,
1 T almond or peanut butter
4 ice cubes.

like dessert.

No, hemp protein does not have a complete amino acid profile but is still a good vegan source of protein:

On the PDCAAS scale, hemp seed rates a 51, while hemp seed meal — the source of hemp protein powders — rates a 48. In contrast, casein rates 100 on the scale, while egg whites also rate 100. Beef follows with a 92 rating, matching that of soy protein. That alone makes you wonder about this method of rating proteins, since it rates beef, an animal protein, at the same level as soy, a plant protein. Not surprisingly, the PDCAAS was developed by Ralston Purina, a major producer of — you guessed it — soy! On this scale hemp is similar to beans in terms of protein value but lower than oats.
Hm. I learned that soy is the only plant that by itself contains complete protein... didn't know about a conspiracy . :/

There seems to be conspiracy about all things nowadays. Nutrition and amino acid profiles of plant proteins included lol

This is a LOT of coconut flour... How did this turn out? The stuff is super thick... Why not egg whites, protein powder?

it turned out quite thick but i just added some water and it was fine. I'm vegan and trying a super high fibre diet for my asthma so the coconut flour comes in handy (40%fiber)

it turned out quite thick but i just added some water and it was fine. I'm vegan and trying a super high fibre diet for my asthma so the coconut flour comes in handy (40%fiber)
Ok makes sense! Try some hemp or soy protein for added protein... Does a bod good ?

This time it's a Strawberry pear pommegranate turmeric cacao coconut smoothie. fresh turmeric with fruit turns out pretty nice!