• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hello again. Help me decide how much acid to take! (mostly a setting issue actually)

moroboro

Greenlighter
Hi people. I've taken half a tab before, which made for a wonderful day around campus. A few weeks ago I staggered three half tabs over a two hour period, bringing my dosage to 1 and a half tabs and the trip was funny but not wild. I'm a little bit afraid to lose control because I live on campus, in a flat with other students who aren't very good friends of mine and probably haven't tripped before. This really doesn't unsettle me much at all, but I'm afraid that it will when I am on acid.

I've taken one tab at a festival and while it was a good time, I certainly did not trip balls. I have yet to really trip balls on anything other than mushrooms, and that was a good long while ago. So while I have had my first acid trip, it wasn't the mind-bending experience people often make it out to be solely because my dosage was too low. So... I am open to a high dosage. I'm thinking two tabs should be enough. My only question is, will I be able to keep my shit together in my townhouse (at night) alone or is there some chance that i'll annoy everyone with my giggling and weird noises? Know what I mean?

Thank you.

I'd say take the whole two blotters at once, and do not consume them spaced apart since this will result in a diminished effect due to tolerance beginning to kick in really quickly. Make sure these tabs are the same you took previously though.

Your setting does not sound too promising tbh. I would much rather go to the woods or else where no one will distract you. If you can't find a person who is "into it", then it really is better to trip alone, but that's just my personal preference.

There are nice scenic areas nearby, only it will be late at night (1 am perhaps). Will I lose my shit in the woods alone at night?

It depends on your normal bowel frequency :D
Hard to tell, I've had no problems tripping in the wild at night. Strangely I find it easier to navigate in the dark while under influence of psychedelics 'cause there's some sort of pulsating light radiating from me that illuminates everything around me. As if a flashlight is attached to my head, pretty weird.

If you plan to trip that late, MAKE SURE you get a proper sleep in the afternoon before embarking on your psychedelic voyage. Acid trip while being sleep deprived is tough, not recommended!

I would wait for a better time.
Strong acid trips can get a little funky when you have no one to socialize with and nowhere to really get away for a long period of time.

In a house with people who don't know you're tripping is a very bad setting for a trip. Don't take two doses in that setting, you will not be able to hide it and you will be very uncomfortable.

If you're going to try a dose that's higher than what you've taken before, it's best to have a trusted sitter or buddy. If you must go alone and can't trip at home, find a nice, comfortable outdoor setting (a park or the woods works well) and try 1.5 tabs at once. You will notice a substantial difference from a 1 tab trip and it probably won't make you go crazy. It will be stronger than 1.5 tabs staggered.

I'd recommend tripping in the daytime if you can, it's much nicer to trip when there's plenty of natural light. Even if there are other people in the park, they'll probably leave you alone. As has been mentioned, you can't sleep on acid and a sleep-deprived acid trip is no picnic.

I tripped acid on my campus many times with no problems but I had a nice campus with plenty of places to go walk around at and the people on my floor or in my building wouldn't bother me. 2 hits alone in the woods might be a bit much considering you've never had a strong acid trip. I would recommend finding a friend comfortable with your tripping

Being able to just let go / go with the flow is key in a psychedelic trip - just read the one-sentence suggestions posted in that other recent PD thread.

If you are in a cramped situation where you can't just roam freely it is likely to lead to continuous confrontation with that conflict. Maybe if you are more experienced and know the actual potency of your batch of psychedelics well, most of all how you usually respond to it... then you can anticipate better if you can 'behave when necessary' without letting it interfere too much. Then you could just rely on that and still feel relatively free.

Of course taking a higher dose only exacerbates this whole issue.

So like others said, try to find a setting in which you can be comfortable.

Me personally I did experiment extensively with psychedelics in a dorm room, and while I didn't really care what other people thought about that... often I indeed felt cramped there for other reasons. Nobody but yourself can really say what you could handle and what is possible in which situations. Just realize the risks involved when your set or setting is not ideal or even far from it.

The thread title makes it seem like a 'what / how much should i take?' thread which we don't really allow, but misleadingly the topic of this thread seems absolutely fine. So let me add something to the TT.

Maybe just take 1 1/2 since you've already done that and know what to expect, and anything that might make you uncomfortable will be overcome easier.

I wouldn't want to go to deep while being stuck inside a townhouse.

So I took the full tab. It was from a strip which was narrower on one side than the other, so I took the tiniest tab available. The effects took three hours to become apparent, which I find surprising... But it does feel like lsd, only the dose is low.. I am in the library, studying for my gre, kept here I think by the pretty girls around me. I am not tripping to any uncontrollable extent. I think I'll take more next time, but is there any way of saying whether this is lsd or not?

^If it had no taste I'd venture to say it was real LSD, or at least a lysergimide. It can take 3 hours to come up, the first time I took LSD it took 3 hours, and it was definitely LSD.

Lately my LSD onset times have been excruciatingly slow as well. It used to always hit hard by the end of the first hour. Lately however, it takes a good two hours to really feel it, probably 3 before the legitimate peak hits.

Ah, alright. Well, it made for an interesting night, but i was completely sober and in control, just kind of spaced out and quick to laughter and giggles. I'm going to go much deeper next time, but that'll be some ways off.

Glad things worked out, but you should probably never use it to assume that arranging a safe, controllable setting with restful escape options isnt necessary for a trip... especially if you plan to go much deeper. :)
Always consider it a likelihood that if you go deep you need a place where it is okay to react with astonishment, laughing or crying, or laying down staring off into nothingness. Stuff like that.
Sorry if it is difficult for you to find a place like that but someone´s home is usually best.

You stayed in a library? where else did you go?

A long comeup sure is possible for LSD, but to know for sure what is on your ´tabs´ you would need to test with a reagent. A lot of blotter is not that reliable nowadays apparently, unless there is some sort of quality control. Better be safe than sorry...

OP,

100 micrograms is a full dose. 200 has classic psychedelic effects like synesthesia.

2 doses is a very good amount. If you've tried it and liked it then go for it.

Hey guys, so it just turned midnight here by me, and I think I'm going to take the tab and a half. It sounds like a fun idea, but it is late. I am not tired at the moment, would tripping now (and thus being awake for the next eight hours) be a bad idea?

You'll be up more than just the next 8 hours. Most of my LSD experiences have been even later though, so I can't tell you it's a bad idea, as they've all been amazing. Just don't expect sleep.

Not necessarily, but it depends on if you have things to do tomorrow. I generally find I'm incapable of sleep for about 12 hours after ingesting LSD.

So I've taken the acid, and it has hit and it has hit well yada yada yada. However, I'm still in more control of myself than the interesting reports online seem to indicate meaning... Should I dive just a bit deeper? I'm two tabs in, and am three hours in, but I've got two tabs left. What do I say? Will the extra tabs intensify the experience beyond my capacity to cope? Or Wil the make it more fun Gaza Gaza Gaza. Or will that be a waste of lsd for my tolerance has already been increased?

For a start it has only been 4 days since your last trip. According to the LSD/shroom tolerance thread here, you're likely to need 120% of your previous dose to feel something similar. On top of that, I suppose you've done whatever you did, but I won't be surprised if you got dramatically diminished returns from whatever you took while already tripping. Staggering makes the come up more comfortable and lengthens the trip, but doesn't tend to do much in terms of elevating the peak.