• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I am new and have questions and need help

texmate

Greenlighter
Hello;

I have been lurking on this forum for awhile. I have learned quite a lot from the generous sharing of experiences and opinions. I am embarking on an attempt to withdraw. I am unsure of where I would post. My questions regard non-opiod assisted withdrawal and possible induction to suboxone. I am prepared to start the withdrawal and have received a prescription.

Thanks for any help

Suspect this is not the right place but i am sure a mod will be along later to sort that.
I am a bit confused by your plan, are you thinking of stopping whatever opiates you are currently using, waiting until you have finished withdrawing and then starting suboxone? I am confused because suboxone is an opiod so if you were going to use that to come off your original opiods you wouldnt really be withdrawing as in detoxing at all you would be substituting. If you have a prescription then this is presumably medicaly supervised and if it is i would be heading straight back there and asking your questions of the Doctor because substitutions are not necessarily easy or straightforward and you need to all be following the same plan.
Oh, Hi <<waves>>
Wags, Greyhounder

Hello;

I have been lurking on this forum for awhile. I have learned quite a lot from the generous sharing of experiences and opinions. I am embarking on an attempt to withdraw. I am unsure of where I would post. My questions regard non-opiod assisted withdrawal and possible induction to suboxone. I am prepared to start the withdrawal and have received a prescription.

Thanks for any help
Any questions you can ask me but you know using Suboxone isn't non opioid assisted withdrawal right? Suboxone is a very strong opiate.

Any questions you can ask me but you know using Suboxone isn't non opioid assisted withdrawal right? Suboxone is a very strong opiate.
And on top of that, Sub w/d is hell as well. If you don't wanna trade one Ope for another,
talk to the Dr about a short term benzo use, clonidine , maybe some promethazine and soma ...that's what I used to kick, and of course it helps to have someone doll that out to you cuz us addicts like to OD.

Hydroxyzine, clonidine, promethazine, gabapentin, tonic water and hot baths..

Do it that way. Or another way like it.
I was on suboxone for 2.5 years at fairly small dosages and the PAWS (the wds after the acute wds, hence Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome=PAWS) lasted over a year just about and were agonizing.. literally thought i was dying or something was seriously wrong with me. Not just physical but mental too.
I was also on methadone for a year before that and CT'd it at 120mg a day (stupid?.. yes) those 10 days i lasted until i got unto bupe were childs play compared to the long drawn out PAWS of buprenorphine but than again everyone is different and will tell you different things.
I will say this though, try all non opiate wd arsenals before jumping on any ORT.

Good luck <3
%) Keep your head up.

-HOOD

Some more info on your habit would really help answer this, but I'd try tapering with your current DOC before trying to switch to Suboxone. If you begin to relapse then Suboxone becomes a more attractive option, because it has some serious downsides as you've been told by the posters above me.

You can see I'm a bit confused and I appreciate the patient answers. I am now 25 hours from my last Norco. I have taken .6 Clonipine and 900 mg gabapentin. I have slept most of it but I have woke up to some electric sensations in my arms and legs. Sorry about the confusion on the Suboxone. I don't want to climb onto another addiction.
I just was wondering if I used just one 2mg film say 36 to 48 hours in would it clear the receptors and knock of the Hydro. Sort of like a poor man (or maybe stupid mans) mini-detox. Then I would throw away the rest. I apologize for my lack of clarity. I feel like i have been eaten by a coyote and SH*T off a cliff. I think I need to increase my clonipin and Gabapentin. I am going to increase my clonipin to 1.2 and the Gabapentin to 1500 (300mg). I will discard the suboxone idea. I am taking some valium right now and another round of Clon/gaba. I went from 360 Oxy by starting with 50-60 Norco ( CWE which almost gave me carpel tunnel) I have got down to 35 Norco a day and now I'm at one (25 hours of zero Norco) i am ditching the Subs....thank you so much..

You can see I'm a bit confused and I appreciate the patient answers. I am now 25 hours from my last Norco. I have taken .6 Clonipine and 900 mg gabapentin. I have slept most of it but I have woke up to some electric sensations in my arms and legs. Sorry about the confusion on the Suboxone. I don't want to climb onto another addiction.
I just was wondering if I used just one 2mg film say 36 to 48 hours in would it clear the receptors and knock of the Hydro. Sort of like a poor man (or maybe stupid mans) mini-detox. Then I would throw away the rest. I apologize for my lack of clarity. I feel like i have been eaten by a coyote and SH*T off a cliff. I think I need to increase my clonipin and Gabapentin. I am going to increase my clonipin to 1.2 and the Gabapentin to 1500 (300mg). I will discard the suboxone idea. I am taking some valium right now and another round of Clon/gaba. I went from 360 Oxy by starting with 50-60 Norco ( CWE which almost gave me carpel tunnel) I have got down to 35 Norco a day and now I'm at one (25 hours of zero Norco) i am ditching the Subs....thank you so much..

do you have clonazepam (brand name Klonopin) or clonidine (brand name Catapres)?
Some people get the names confused.
The dosing you are using sounds more clonidine like.
Clonazepam is a benzo just like the valium you are taking.. why would you have or need both?

Clonidine is a very common medicine given to help decrease severity of opiate wds its an antihypertensive that works on alpha receptors.

Good luck to you.. the hard and weighted down walk to cleanliness is well worth going through once you get to the end of that road and feel self-empowered by what you have overcome. DO NOT GIVE UP.

PM me if you need someone to talk to at all, ive been there and might be able to help you through some tough spots.

-HOOD

Just to clarify I am taking Clonidine (brand name Catpres) and Gabapentin (brand name Nurontin) I made another post and seem to have flooded this wonderful forum with my confused ramblings. I listed my arsenal in my first post. I also neglected to say the I had been maintaining on 35 Norco's a day (CWE) and started a Kamikaze taper on Monday. Thursday I was down to 16, my nose was running and I was getting charlie horses and occasional snakes under the Skin. I cleared my Friday and all of next week and started on the Clonidine and Gabapentin at mid night on Thursday. It is suggested (by this forum) that you start in a gradual way. Though I am 62 my B/P is an average of 110 over 72 so I bought a blood pressure cuff and I am low but good. I have Valium which I only have used once and Tizanadine (Flexiril) and trazadone which puts me out for a good 6-10 hours so far. I am close to 48 hours. I am in fair shape I've got a headache worthy of the day after Mardi Gras, the diarrhea has begun but no craps yet. Frankly it is a bit of a luxury after a few years of chronic constipation and as I read on this forum rabbit turds. I have close to 400 caps of Loperamide but I am going to hold off until I get rice water or cramps. I wrote in my other post that I have been taking magnesium, Potasium and vitamins for awhile and started on the recommended Amino Acids a few weeks ago. It feel a bit better then I did then Thursday when dropped from Monday at 35 per day to Thursday at 18. I know it sounds crazy to do that. I have been gradually trying to get it down. If you told the general public that you needed 35 hydrocodones to feel normal they would look at you in horror. Here the suffering and struggle with Heroin, Methadone and Bupe makes my 35 a day seem bush league though my 300-400 mg affair with Ms. Oxy Ann gives me some credibility. My reduction from May from the Oxy to 50-60 Hydro's down to 35 was greatly aided by this board. I have messed this up and started with a much longer more detailed post. I think that my progress may be due to reducing by half from 35 on Monday to 16 on Thursday. I suffered a lot. I would never recommend doing this to anybody but I have intended to do this just not this soon (ya'll know what I mean....I'll clean up tomorrow) I hate to be maudlin or mawkish but last week end I went to see
my second youngest who goes to a top University for a Father Daughter thing. She informed me that she now had her Monday free and could really show me around Cambridge and Boston. I had to lie to her and tell her that I had a board meeting on Monday because I didn't bring enough pills! Maybe the drastic decrease was a bit of a hair shirt and self flagellation but I am doing OK on .08 Clonidine and 1200 of gabapentin. I'm going to take a trazadone in an hour and see what's happening when I wake up. Now that I think of it I have been pretty much in withdrawal since Tuesday. I am not going to get on the suboxone. I will come clean and go to a 90 day Charm school if the compulsion or the craving overwhelms me. I could lose join custody of my sixteen year old but my ex has always said that there was never a better father nor a worse husband. I will never see that look of hurt or disappointment in the years of one of my children again because Daddy chose and yes enjoyed his absolute love affair with his abuse. I have a very close friend who is a Doctor ( old college roommate) who tries to tell me that "your not an addict your just dependent, when you take 3 to 4 times the amount and pay a premium for old style Oxy (the kind you can still snort or shoot easily which they still sell in Portugal) I think that makes me and addict. To all that have responded thank you. My suffering though mild compared to many here has been eased by your interest and response. To clarify on thing that I was unclear about. The only reason why I mentioned doing 1-2mg of suboxone film is I understand that it is a very potent Mu agonist in conduction with Naloxone and that it blows the other Narcotics of the receptors. I was thinking maybe it would be a small scale mini rapid detox since I could take it with the clonidine and some trazadone and when it is gone in a day our two my receptors would be clear. I understand suboxone is very dangerous and I considered some out patient places in the UK that will give you subtex ( sans naloxone).
It is a slippery slope for me so I am not using it. Since I have 30- 2mg I considered going to the Doctors office and telling him to give them to someone that is low on cash and struggling. But I am not sure that is the best idea. Thank you HdoubleODeezy, Eveleivibe, StayZooty,Captain.Heroin,VitamaN,trainspotter10102 and Greyhounder for you kind help and to the others that have read this and not told me off.

Hi , I am new too, have been reading facts about opiate WD. My state has passed a new law requiring only special licensed Drs are allowed to write " large scripts ." So my state made me go from 4 80's daily and 4 30 's for breakthrough pain to 3 80's and 3 15 's for breakthrough pain. Not a Dr but a paper pusher in my state. No more random urine test, we must have one every visit. I 'm 100% sure I am posting this in the wrong place, but I'm confused since my meds were cut back. Anyone else been put in this ridiculous situation? Just wondered about the other 49 states. I thought I might add I take 5 mg Klonopin daily, 40mg Viibryd, 300 Wellbutrin, Ambiene 10mg, and occasionally punch holes in Lyrica 150mg and take them. I enjoy Lyrica but eventually my vision is so gone, I'm gone. I'm given adderall to counterbalance some of the sleepy stuff but just can't stand them! It is not clear in what I am writing that I need the pain meds , I have RSD and until I went into remission my world was the size of my bedroom, but the state rules and regulations, cost of new "specialized" Dr and constant drug testing are draining the bank acct. Since I have been on higher doses of oxy 's and developed WD symptoms from being dropped down so quick, but my pain did not increase I'm feeling that maybe I can get these out of my life. It 's like being tethered to a Dr every 30 days of my life and I want some freedom ( maybe be allowed to drive again) but as long as I am on the oxy's and klonopin that is not in my future. I have cut back to 3 mg on Klonopin, but any more I get what we call here , "brain waves" it feels like your brain moves forward , then back and then settles in the right spot (like it is running a step behind you) I hate the feeling so I'm hovering at 3mg's. I was given clonidine for if I decided to WD, but my BP goes down to like 75/40 which I don't think is a good idea. Sorry if I posted wrong place. But I kept running into old threads when I looked for the oxy stuff. Peace out

Last edited:
I am now at 5 plus days. All of the symptoms have receded to a great extent. Since I "weaned" from 35 to 16 norco's in four days before i started the clonidine, gabapentin
tizanidine, trazadone and valium. The last five days of abstinence has been less extreme , I think that the kamikaze taper was not a wise idea in that I suffered a lot more then need be. My body still hurts but the vast majority is due to my old fractures and damaged vertebrae. I have tramadol but due to it's partial Mu agonist effects I have postponed since I am having craving waves and I will pop a 2mg sub film under my tongue before I will take some pills (norco, Oxy, Ms-contin). Im not sure what I will due for analgesia going further. I have the Gabapentin but that has it's own set of issues. I am 5+ days opiod free and it is a new world...... I walked my dog three miles today (followed by a 2 hour nap). I am waiting on the P.A.W.S and insomnia which I am sure will come. I have 30 - 2mg suboxone that I received from the Addiction Dr. I am going to make an appointment and see what we can do. I will continue on the Amino Acids, Vitamins and exercise and I will report. Thanks to all