• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Differences in Percocet pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotica

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I am wondering if there are any distinguishable differences in different varieties of Percocet pills? For example, I'm the most familiar with the 512 pill (5mg oxycodone/325 acetaminophen). After taking a few of these I find myself on cloud 9, great, euphoric mind and body high. Recently however, I've stumbled upon some 4839 v pills, which have the same dosages as the 512s. I figured on all accounts they'd be the exact same, though I find the high underwhelming; my body feels very heavy and I'm more lethargic than usual while on oxy. I've also experienced my first bout of opiate nausea on these pills.

I'm curious as to why I'd have such a remarkably opposite experience when I am taking the exact same dose of drugs. I suppose it's better than being sober though 8)

Hmm I suppose it could be attributed to the fact that I've been trying to potentate it recently with grapefruit juice. Could that have any adverse effects on the high?

Some generic brands of the same medication can differ to varying degrees.I've experienced this with several medications including but not limited to Xanax,Percocet,Norco,Valium,Ativan,Klonopin,Dilaudid,and Methadone just to name a few.Different manufacturers seem to sometimes use differing qualities of active ingredients IME.Usually the difference is slight but sometimes effects can vary significantly,as seems to be the case with your percs.I,ve tried the grapefruit juice and cimetidine potentiating thing with various benzos and opiates and neither ever seemed to make a difference one way or another.

Actually no, generics cannot differ from brand name in strength or quality and be FDA approved for sale in the United States, assuming that's where you're from. If you read through the FDA generic guidelines, generics can only differ in their appearance, inactive ingredients, and "bioequivalence", which is basically their fancy word for the time it takes the drug to be absorbed. They allow that to have an 80-125% margin, which if you're talking about a brand name that takes 15 minutes the generic can take between ~12-19 minutes to reach the same concentration of drug in the blood stream. Besides that they are the SAME. I've seen plenty of people whine how this generic is better than the other and guess what? They all feel exactly the same to me. When you go in to it thinking "damn this is the weaker brand" you make yourself believe that the experience is weaker. Sorry, you're just fooling yourself if you think there's a difference and that some generics are somehow weaker than other

Not sure why people think that brand names are held to these exacting standards by regulatory bodies and then for generics they let it be a crap shoot on quality.

Even though I think the differences can be insignificant to note and used to preach the same thing we all hear regarding they have to be the same.

I think it isn't fool proof, I've read of several reports of people being prescribed drugs for seizures and with a sudden change in manufacturer, they end up having seizures.

I used to think there is no difference, but, these days I'd think twice before investing a notable amount of faith in the FDA and pharmaceutical companies, definitely not free from flaw, wouldn't call it fool proof for sure.

Generic pills are required by law to be equivalent to the dosage form they're substituting for.

When you go in to it thinking "damn this is the weaker brand" you make yourself believe that the experience is weaker. Sorry, you're just fooling yourself if you think there's a difference and that some generics are somehow weaker than other

This. Differences in instant release generic medications are 99% psychological...

anyway we don't allow pill id/brand discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.