Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methamphetamine Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use it rarely it's fine. I step clear of it. Aspartame doesn't leave your system as far as I know.

If you use it rarely it's fine. I step clear of it. Aspartame doesn't leave your system as far as I know.

Give this a read - http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

A lot of the stuff originates from a hoax posting on usenet many years ago, turned into a chain e-mail, posting on websites etc. There's a hair of truth with a lot of the claims but overall it's bs.

I chew three packs of extra a week. Have had far less troubles at the dentist since. Wouldn't recommend everyone to use that amount but I'm on suboxone which dries my mouth out.

edit - Ok just checked and there's no Aspartame in extra sugar free gum.

You can google 'can x cause cancer' for almost anything and find something that says it does.

A lot of the stuff originates from a hoax posting on usenet many years ago, turned into a chain e-mail, posting on websites etc. There's a hair of truth with a lot of the claims but overall it's bs.

I chew three packs of extra a week. Have had far less troubles at the dentist since. Wouldn't recommend everyone to use that amount but I'm on suboxone which dries my mouth out.

You can google 'can x cause cancer' for almost anything and find something that says it does.

No aspartame in sugar free gum?

http://www.wrigley.com/global/brands/extra.aspx#panel-3

It's written in the ingredients on their website. Clear as day. And there has been heaps of scientific research that aspartame is poisonous and causes cancer. Fucking slopes is full of shit. Yeah they debunk alot of stuff but there is auction lot of bullshit on that page too. Slopes and skeptoid are both shill websites. If you want to chew 3 packs of gum a week go ahead but don't go around telling people their is not aspartame in sugar free gum and it's safe to chew copious amounts continuously. This is a harm reduction forum buddy. Doing that for years on end is as dangerous as smoking.meth every day for years on end.

From the FDA
http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt

You're right, my mistake. Was looking for contains: aspartame or it listed by name in the ingredients. They went for the ol' 'sweetener 951'.

Doing that for years on end is as dangerous as smoking.meth every day for years on end.

Got any evidence? As a guess it doesn't seem like it would be true.

Not saying chewing copious amounts is safe. I said "Wouldn't recommend everyone to use that amount but I'm on suboxone which dries my mouth out."

Yeah the fda is a dodgy administration. I bet they still say marijuana makes you a heroin addict.

FDA are far from perfect but I don't think they'd be part of a mass conspiracy to allow an extremely dangerous substance to be in foods/drinks. What are their motives? Would have to be many more agencies around the world involved, lots of people...I just don't think that's plausible.

To get an idea of something you have to look at the entire evidence and not cherry-pick the bits and pieces and that support your views. The consensus seems to be to be that it's safe, in moderation - but maybe not if you're a rat.

To suggest chewing 6 pieces of gum daily is equivalent to smoking meth everyday for years is ridiculous. And I do realize this is a harm reduction forum 'buddy' - I've contributed a bit over the years. It's important people get accurate information and I happily admit when I'm wrong. Unfortunately others will not, they have their beliefs very similar to faith in religion. Aspartamine is the devil and I doubt you'll ever change your mind despite evidence to the contrary.

Even if aspartame is as bad as the worst studies suggest - you can't really compare it to smoking meth. Completely different.

Maybe you've been made a tool by the sugar industry to spread anti-artificial sweetener propaganda :p .

This is from wikipedia but the sources appear to check out -

Peer-reviewed comprehensive review articles and independent reviews by governmental regulatory bodies have analyzed the published research on the safety of aspartame and have found aspartame is safe for consumption at current levels.[8][38][40][41]

Aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by over 100 regulatory agencies in their respective countries,[41] including the UK Food Standards Agency,[42] the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)[43] and Health Canada.[44]

It's one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients to date.

Last edited:
As a bodybuilder, I know very well the role the fda has in making supplements legal that almost have equally destructive side effects as amphet/rcs.

It is very easy to start your very own supplement company overnight, and basically produce your product in a clandestine environment at home.

if your interested, check out the doco bigger, stronger, faster. It covers steroid use predominately. But in one segment they actually show how easy it is to start up their own business and started producing almost overnight.

Ive had legal stimulants and gaba products that I swear were suss. These came from small scale companies that usually offer a more competitive price.

Christ! said:
FDA are far from perfect but I don't think they'd be part of a mass conspiracy to allow an extremely dangerous substance to be in foods/drinks. What are their motives? Would have to be many more agencies around the world involved, lots of people...I just don't think that's plausible.

I feel like the motives are there. The diet injury is huge; the marketability of a sweet soft drink/etc that you can consume without any calories is pretty much the holy grail to the weight lose industry. Tobacco, also, is an example of something that was known to be very dangerous, but those facts were supressed because it was a product that was so valuable.

That being said, I'm a sceptic, and when I hear the theories on artificial sweeteners, I have a lot of doubts about the hype on how dangerous they are. I always liked snopes, but that article about aspartame was pretty weak, it was an example of single mindedness on both sides of the argument. Both sides picked certain points to focus on whilst diminishing others, and in all, there was no unbiased opinion from either side.

I try to limit the amount of artificial sweetners I use, even if I don't believe it causes MS...I think reducing the amouint of any artificial ingredients is probably a good thing. I do have to disagree that it's as bad as smoking methamphetamine though...I feel like there's real neurological and physical damage from meth that's much more severe for someone puffing every day, compared to someone eating a pack of sugar free gum everyday. I worry all the time about the undiscovered damage vaping meth does to your lungs. It's hard to believe it'd be worse than smoking tobacco, and that's bad.

I feel like the motives are there. The diet injury is huge; the marketability of a sweet soft drink/etc that you can consume without any calories is pretty much the holy grail to the weight lose industry. Tobacco, also, is an example of something that was known to be very dangerous, but those facts were supressed because it was a product that was so valuable.

Good point about tobacco. I feel like we're in a much different time now, but where there's big money there will be corruption. Lots of potentially blockbuster drugs and ingredients fail to get past regulation though. The regulation process for aspartame was a rocky one, and I feel like this probably contributes to the conspiracies. Other artificial sweetners have been banned in the past because of questions about their safety - after through testing one of them was approved again because the issues only appeared in mice. It seems like there's been enough studies done now - around the world not just the US that show it's safe at the levels people are ingesting.

I try to limit the amount of artificial sweetners I use, even if I don't believe it causes MS...I think reducing the amouint of any artificial ingredients is probably a good thing.

Yeah I agree. I avoid overly processed and artificial foods/ingredients. I don't use any other artificial sweeteners apart from in the gum...would much rather plain old sugar and use those foods in moderation.

I don't think it helps when the anti-aspartame stuff tends to be picked up by the anti-vax, fluoride, chem-trails crowds. Sometimes people (including me) will disregard something because it's heaped in with a bunch of rubbish by a certain group, I need to be mindful of that. After spending some more time researching I don't have any concerns about my level of intake though.

As a bodybuilder, I know very well the role the fda has in making supplements legal that almost have equally destructive side effects as amphet/rcs.

It is very easy to start your very own supplement company overnight, and basically produce your product in a clandestine environment at home.

if your interested, check out the doco bigger, stronger, faster. It covers steroid use predominately. But in one segment they actually show how easy it is to start up their own business and started producing almost overnight.

Ive had legal stimulants and gaba products that I swear were suss. These came from small scale companies that usually offer a more competitive price.

Yeah 'supplements' in the US are pretty unregulated. They don't have to prove they're safe or effective afaik. I think it's pretty dangerous and needs to change.

Yep, quite a lucrative market preying on the desperate and ill informed. One of the main reasons i steer clear of majority of the fitness crowd. Reminds me of a used car salesman or dodgy dealer.

Having a good pipe matters as much as having the good stuff..

I find the pipe doesn't get me anywhere near as high as getting a tube/clyinder made out of laminated magazine/folder paper and smoking the shards off tin foil like the way u smoke smack. I know it's wasteful but I love smoking meth that way. each to their own I guess

The pipe is categorically the most entertaining for me. Twirling the pip and then blowing dragon slayer hits with little to no residue/burn left behind, is way too satisfying to even comprehend.

I would love to chase the dragon more and improve technique, but it feels tedious, especially when ur vision blurs and feels like your in a
F1 race car while sitting down. not to mention the old addage: price.

pipe is wasteful mane
but i found like
lets say i have just a point
if i smoke it i'll get higher short term than if i IV
but IV lasts twice as long

^Come on now, go easy on the foreigner, he has stated in another Australian thread he wants out.

True statement though, and I bet he agrees.

ok though right
so why are aus pipes like this
2907099.jpg

when US pipes are like this
211612437328%2Ejpg

Status
Not open for further replies.