• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble Peeing on Opiates: Urinary retention issues Q&A Megathread

sitting does not work that well for me, warm shower does it, tried the water in the cup and that kinda worked! outside can work sometimes.......think you have to get the balls in the warm water too hahaha.........will try that outside tomorrow.........thanks for the insight everyone.

It always helps me to sit down,turn on the faucet in the sink or bath tub,sometimes just the sound of running water helps.If your sink is close enough to your toilet try sticking one hand under the running water.That almost always works for me but if I still can't piss I just leave the bathroom,drink a bunch of water(or even better coffee or beer,they both go right through me)and try later.No sense in straining for a half an hour trying in vain to piss.

found a good one, run water and put one hand under warm water. worked great last night

It always helps me to sit down,turn on the faucet in the sink or bath tub,sometimes just the sound of running water helps.If your sink is close enough to your toilet try sticking one hand under the running water.That almost always works for me but if I still can't piss I just leave the bathroom,drink a bunch of water(or even better coffee or beer,they both go right through me)and try later.No sense in straining for a half an hour trying in vain to piss.
Be careful I ended up on the ER with a catheter trying a similar strategy.

Yup, it happens to me on CWE and used to happen on high doses or tramadol it doesnt happen as often anymore .Probably because my blood pressure is more under control? I dunno honestly... but ya. This happens and still does with the hydrocodone CWE I chug.

It's a fairly common problem. Try sitting down...

Lol, I remember having a hard time and just ended up sitting down, then find myself, nodding on the toilet for multiple hours with not a drip of urine dropped in the can.

Yes, the nodding can be a problem once you are sitting down. Warm water over the abdomen or dipping it in like DWE said are great strategies. Also, crede maneuver which is simply applying pressure to your bladder with your hands downward. Run water and listen to it. I always back off a while if I get to where I just can't go.

Yea goin outside works best. what you need is to be distracted. as soon as you are distracted you go. man i caN remember standing over trhe tub with the hot water running for 10 minutes OR MORE sometimes, drove me crAZY. I THINK MAYBE OPIATES enlarges your prostate as well... not sure tho

Did you just personally close the thread with "stick ur coxk in hot water"... well ...
Ok. But I'll piss the same regardolezz

HAHA yeah when I'm high on heroin and can't pee I sit down and I sometimes nod out lol and can't remember if I peed or not then go lay back down .

SAME. As for making it easier to pee... I find when I am high on Heroin myself I have to keep thinking about everything else but peeing...deep thought...like "Can I name every key on a QWERTY keyboard?"

The higher the dose of opiates the harder it is to pee, for almost anyone doing opiates.

And yes going outside does help LMAO. Pay serious attention to how fast the clouds are moving. Or some shit like that.

hahah last night had the cup of water and hand in the running water.......fuck me what a guy has to do to take a piss......hahhaa

Happens all the time. Now when I'm standing there trying to go, i grab the nearest thing to read, usually a soap or shampoo bottle. It takes my mind of it, as others have said, and then i can usually get it flowing.

Another issue i have is stopping pissing after starting, and not being able to finish. Most of the time i say fuck it, i pissed enough.

I don't recommend drinking more water because you have to go already, so if you can't it's not a problem that more water will solve. What I do is run the faucet while putting a warm wet rag on my dick. That works the best for me.

Another issue i have is stopping pissing after starting, and not being able to finish. Most of the time i say fuck it, i pissed enough.

Yeah, me too man..so fuckin annoying, have to go to the toilet all the time. 8oIt keeps me awake all night so many times:X, fucked up situation, well, whatever...
I just try to don't leave it fuck my mood and things, maybe it's one more opiates fine i've got to pay..:\
Man, i wish it didn't exist, yeah, how nice it would be...:).
Anyway...

MartinFn