• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

For those of you in recovery, do you have difficulty concentrating?

wanting

Bluelighter
Today is day 39 without opioids. I've only recently been able to resume any sort of work. I'm a freelance writer, so I get to make my own hours and work at my own pace. But I've noticed that my focus and concentration abilities are WAY out of whack. I used to be able to write for 10 hours a day with breaks for meals. Now, I struggle to stay focused for an hour. What used to take me half a day to complete now takes a week.

Is this what you've experienced? When does this nasty, lingering piece of the withdrawal process go away?

Initially I did, but once my brain retracted the extra opiate receptors it had formed my brain went from a four cylinder to an eight and then it even has improved from there. The lack of concentration is on of the very common PAWS symptoms. The great clearing happened right around the fifth month for me and it usually happens within eight months for most people.

Thirty minutes of aerobic exercise four or five times a week can help with this, but homeostasis needs to return to the brain for it to disappear.

I have never had trouble concentrating but the panic attacks and anxiety were extremely difficult. What I did though was a lot of cardio workouts and yoga. Try yoga/meditation and see if your condition improves.

I have listened to numerous people complain about this and also experienced it myself. It's pretty common in the first few months..should improve though.

i have been clean for over 3 weeks and i feel weak and cant think it well get better try Kartom its a BS Legal opioide that dosent make you sick over very very little.