• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Had IV rush, then it left?

sortofsomeone

Greenlighter
Hello all. First time poster here. A friend of mine had some really good coke that he likes to IV. Saturday he took a klonopin which he knows makes it impossible to get a rush. No taste, no tingle, no rush, just increased heart rate, dilated pupils, and some alertness. It took 'til yesterday to start getting the effects he was looking for again. He usually waits about an hour between each shot and felt the effects come back with each one in the evening. Then he took a walk last night, and it seems it all disappeared again. Just increased heart rate, dilated pupils, and some alertness. He went to sleep and tried again five or six hours later and still no rush. He knows his source and knows it is quality. He's rushed off the very same product before. Any idea as to what may be going on?

Last edited:
Could be tolerance, it could be the product is not as pure as you expect due to degradation in storage/a new batch. Could be you're getting ripped off.

Ya know coke is the one thing I've never shot up(well heroin also, but I guese Dillies Oxy & Morphine are kinda like heroin...) cuz it just scared the shit out of me...not a big fan of uppers but have done meth that way, but coke still scares me. Anyway, sounds like shitty coke...

The confusion mostly comes from him having rushed on it, and still getting some physical effects, but not the desired ones. I'd say out of the ideas thrown so far, tolerance would be the most likely, but it doesn't seem consistent with his past experiences. Any other ideas?

your mental state has alot to do with it. if you truly believe you wont get any euphoria because you dont do as much or you think it is bunk shit, then you will still get high but you wont experience the euphoria you usually get.

you probably have a tolerance too. the ear-rushes are based alot on tolerance, and they just dont happen if you only do a small amount of coke if you have tolerance. psyching yourself out is also apart of tolerance; resistance towards drugs happens physiologically (addition of receptors, neurochemicals available/produced) in addition to psychologically (knowing you wont get as high with less than you a familiar with)

Last edited:
Got high but then the high worn off? Sigh story of my life.

Most likely tolerance cocaine is a very short acting drug and when chopped up its even shittier in this aspect. I think his tolerance could be too high or you got ripped off. Basically what sekio said

^^ agreed lol..... "i shot dope... and then it wore off... WTF???) LOL, just playin OP

Different lower quality batch (more cut), tolerance shooting up when shooting up coke... like others said