• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery, recovering addicts unite

Non Nobis Solum

Bluelight Crew
This is not NA, AA, or any type of fellowship. This is simply addicts helping addicts. The benefit on friendship and compassion from one addict to another is amazing and no one can live alone, no one. I hope to see others striving to live a clean good life step up and take their recovery by the balls and LIVE the way we as humans are meant to live! Sorry tricomb and sekio if I am posting this in vain and or in the wrong section but Bluelight needs some fucking recovery. Anyone with a desire to change and live a good clean life, please feel free to contact me via this. Hopefully I see a lot of beautiful souls stepping up and coming to the bright side of life, RECOVERY. God bless everyone and keep keeping on. P.S Has anyone told you lately that you're amazing, well you are. Each and everyone one of you. GOD BLESS!

A lot of people here on Bluelight ARE living clean, responsible lives. This is a harm reduction forum after all. Yes, there are many suffering addicts and newcomers alike who just want to get lit, but that's not the point of the forum. We're here to keep people alive. Their choices at this time in their lives are their choices. We just need to help keep them alive and happy whatever their situation may be.

Plus there's a Recovery section and a Healthy Living section on this forum (not to mention The Dark Side which actually has a lot of bright spots too.) This is Other Drugs. Where we talk about... drugs.

I'm trying. I am really trying. It literally is a struggle everyday. And I feel like it will always be for the rest of my life. Does it ever get easier?

The point of posting this in OD and not recovery or healthy living is the people who really need to see this and feel some love WILL not even think about going into the recovery or healthy living section of the forums. I appreciate your input but the purpose of this thread is to SHOW ACTIVE addicts that there's another way to live. With love and compassion bro, thanks.

Merelyexisitng.. You best believe it does get better friend, you don't have to do it alone. Even if you still want to use, if the desire to change is stronger you will GROW. Have you really had enough pain, are you ready to stop using? If so you will! You will my friend! Please don't give up and surrender to addiction, it's time to take your life back! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

I have been clean for a while now. A couple of months but I am now struggling with the all-consuming thoughts of the PROCESS of shooting up. (not actually shooting up but the process.) I posted a forum on this a little bit ago but haven't had anyone view or respond to it.
Anyhow, thank you so much for the encouragement! I needed to hear that it does get better! And I do feel alone in this because I have no one to talk to about this because my family never knew of my addition. So, again thank you!

Now you have me you can talk to!! Please don't give up. You can do this, remember the pain and suffering we all have endured.. We don't ever have to go back to that again. Keeping putting TODAY as your goal and keep believing in the better way of life! We can do this, together!

Now you have me you can talk to!! Please don't give up. You can do this, remember the pain and suffering we all have endured.. We don't ever have to go back to that again. Keeping putting TODAY as your goal and keep believing in the better way of life! We can do this, together!

Thank you!!!! I made my username: merely existing because I feel like that on a day to day base that is all that I am doing. I doing so much better in not using BUT not with the consuming thoughts.

The act of shooting up can be very addicting. Time and distance away from it helps, along with giving yourself some type of reward daily. That is a big part of drug use, is the desire for daily rewards. What that reward may be is up to you, but some people take time to themselves each day, spend time doing something they like, even a simple chocolate bar. You need to reward yourself each day and not with drugs.

Yes, using a needle is a strong behavior. What really helps is making habits and hobbies while sober to help transition to a new way of life. Avoid previous triggers and start being active in community and other hobbies while sober. Make new memories and put the old on the back burner to ways you never want to go back to. Keep living, LIVIN'!! Love yall. You are all awesome!! Don't give up!

I'm trying. I am really trying. It literally is a struggle everyday. And I feel like it will always be for the rest of my life. Does it ever get easier?

5 years and still going for me. What I mean is it does get easier, even if it feels like it isn't or it's taking flipping forever. Just keep fighting, chugging along, seek for a job you can stand-don't run out of so many safe things you can do for yourself. It will pay off. Give UP DO NOT.

Congratulations Mareseatoats. Great job brother, hell yes keep up the hope and keeping chugging along! AWesome bro, you're all AWESOME and amazingly beautiful people!!! Love!!

During my 10 years on opioids I've learnt that nobody can convince an addict that they're ruining their lives with addiction if they don't (want to) realise it themselves. Similarly, it's hard to convince anyone to stop doing bad things and become a good person. Unity is such a great word, but I've also realised it must come naturally, at least the true unity that is not against the freedom of a unit.

sEyEkuhDeLiK, I'm sorry if I'm being a total dick here, but... you say you're not affiliated with AA/NA, but you sound like a walking, talking NA meeting. Sorry.

Adder, you are absolutely right!! We all have to want it for OURSELVES first.. Drewbocop, heh I most likely do but this is NOT AA/NA. This is just addicts helping other addicts. But you're not being a dick. God bless ya'll. Be awesome everyone!

Im going to move this over to sober living. We have a strong community there of people useing many different approaches to address their addictions. Your idea is also an underlying approach that Bluelight recovery has taken and we promote all approaches and do not favor any above others and try and facilitate an environment that welcomes all approaches and encourages people who are working different recoveries to support another instead of engaging in judgment of others approaches. Please contact me, or any of the good recovery mods, with any concerns around this thread move.

OD---> SL

sEyEkuhDeLiK, I'm sorry if I'm being a total dick here, but... you say you're not affiliated with AA/NA, but you sound like a walking, talking NA meeting. Sorry.

You speak like that is a bad thing ;)

Recovery, no matter how it is achieved, is going to have lots of similarities. Whatever works!

I used to have a pretty strong needle fixation. If you just keep leaving it alone, it fades away a lot with time. Mine's gone down from a 9 to about a 2. In the old days just hearing someone talk about a needle fixation or shooting up would have me thinking about it, wanting to do it. Now I read your post about it and - nothing.

To be honest, there are other ways to get that level of pleasure. I think that's what it was for me - I thought nothing would ever equal the feeling of shooting up dope, or a speedball. I know better now :) And I'm not going to give you some BS about how a flower or a sunset is going to make you feel as good as shooting up. But for me, being with someone I'm crazy about is even better than dope. Other things come pretty close. So if you're like I was and you fixate on it because you think nothing's ever going to feel that good - you're wrong :)

I would like to say hello.:)

I don't like to use the word addict any more really because it brings up so many different connotations for different people and starts arguments/disputes that frankly I think are unproductive. I don't find it insulting but I just don't think a one size fits all phrase like addict really helps people. Without a doubt I have allowed substance abuse to cause a great many problems in my life though.

I don't know whether I'm trying to get clean or whether I'm just trying to get my life back on track at the moment, a great many questions remain unanswered in my head. It's nice to have somewhere to talk to people of a similar disposition or just be able to unload without having a singular paradigm ruling the thought process though.

Thankyou bluelight.:)