• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl transdermal patch key found

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Greenlighter
Anyone that's had access to or been prescribed Fentanyl patches in the last five or so years has probably sadly seen the nice gel filled patches dwindle away into these newer taper proof non-gel patches. Now, some people like the new patches cause they're smaller and I've heard some ppl say when worn properly, they seem to deliver a more steady flow of fentanyl without as much fluctuation. I personally hate these new patches cause with the old ones, weather it was after you'd worn the patch or right upon opening it, you could cut it open and utilize the gel to get the absolute full effect from the patch. Even after wearing those gel filled rectangles of gold for a full 72 hrs you could still cut into it after removal and eat, snort, smoke, or inject the remaining goo with great effect, let alone if it hadn't been worn at all.
Since these new non-gel patches came out I and countless others have been disappointed because there seemed to be no way to utilize the remaining fentanyl in the patch after being worn or even if it hadn't been worn, you were stuck with just wearing it with the extremely slow mild release of fentanyl. If you haven't read my other recent post on these patches let me quickly fill u in. I get the 100mcg/hr mallinckrodt brand patches. It states right on the packet that each patch contains a total of 11.0MGS of fentanyl and releases 100mcg/hr over 72 hours steadily. Mathematically 1.0mg=1,000mcg. So, after 72 hours of wearing the patch 7,200mcg or 7.2 Mgs has been released. This means that 3,200mcg or 3.2mgs remains in the patch that most ppl just throw away. I couldn't get past the fact that there is still 32hrs worth of fentanyl left in a used 72 hr patch! BUT, when worn, it just didn't seem to release it and looking at the manufacturers own graphs from blood content research, this was true (it actually starts to drastically stop releasing at the 48 hour mark). When the gel patches were still circulating SWIM used to not even bother wearing them, just cutting them open brand new and snorting bits of the goo here and there with powerful results and SWIM has been trying to find a way to utilize these new patches somehow in a similar way. Well I've figured it out finally. If you look at the package insert (or u can find it online), a diagram of the patch and it's structural layers. Now, on the side that is supposed to stick to your body there are 2 or 3 layers between you and the fentanyl drug reservoir. The sticky layer, a time control matrix layer and some other layer then the actual drug reservoir and behind the drug reservoir just one layer of backing. That sent a light off in my head. I've tried just popping these things in my mouth and chewing the hell outta them for hours like a peice of gum, tried just letting the thing sit in my cheek, even crazily and stupidly tried smoking a piece of the plastic thing, all with no effect whatsoever. Ill cut to the chase: the quickest way to the drug containing reservoir is the the BACK of the patch, the non-sticky side since there is only one layer of material to go through. Now it takes some time and some finesse but if you take a knife or a blade of some sort and gently cut through the back of the pouch sideways (DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE PATCH), you want to just make it through this back layer and slowly peel it back either in multiple spots or try to get the whole back peeled off like a pouch. You'll get little clumps of it sticking around the patch, leave it there, there's probably fentanyl on it. After you've peeled this backing as much as possible, fold it in half so the sticky sides stick to each other, pop it in your mouth and chew away. You'll taste the medicine flavor right away. I try not to swallow the saliva it produces for as long as possible. I just did my first one with a 72 hr used patch and my pupils are pin-points, I'm itching and scratching like hell, and am plain ripped! I can't imagine what a new patch would do. Based on this reaction I don't think I'd dare do a whole brand new one like this.
Just a little piece of info/ experience for anyone interested. BE SAFE!

Paragraphs are your friend man, that is hard to read as one big wall of text. Breaking it up will get you more responses, as well as prove that you're willing to listen to constructive critcism, meaning that others will be more likely to help you. Sorry, my eyes can't read that.

Hello all. I have been using bluelight for roughly 5 years, here and there to prevent harm on my day to day quest to get high. I am a long term opiate addict. Mostly heroin but really whatever I can get my hands on.
I created on account here for a specific purpose just to ask this. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot for it, as I don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Anyway, I got my hands on a 25 mcg/hr transdermal mallinckrodt fentanyl patch. I've been reading and reading and reading some more but I can't find specifics to this kind. I ripped it in half and put it sticky side to both sides of the inside of my cheeks. That must've been 45 mins ago and I can't tell if I'm starting to feel anything at all, or if it's just placebo. Although this morning I did wake up moderately dope sick and that does seem to have subsided.
I taste a very very tiny bit f bitterness, but most people report that if I'm doing it right, I'll know it and the taste will be uncanny. That doesn't seem to be the case with me. Again, I'm not sure if I even read anything about this specific kind of patch, cuz there seems to be many kinds, but I do know people were using non gels like mine, and putting it in their mouths.
I also read some people say that these are garbage taken correctly or whatever you do with them. Have I done it wrong? Is it a waste? Can I still take them out of my mouth and tape them to my skin or something if that's my only option? Or am I just supposed to keep them in my mouth for hours on end? I didn't rip the adhesive f2f or anything, just took it out the package, ripped in half and put the sticky sides touching the cheeks. One half is still pressed against the cheek and the other I ended up chewing and that's where the very very little taste I'm getting seems to be coming from. Any help on this matter would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mallinckrodt fentanyl patches are non gel versions and the fentanyl is between a membrane and glue/packing. Due this they got a bit of extra fentanyl (0.8mg for 50mcg/h patch) in them but some (seems actually like most :) ) users will say they release it in transdermal use less than other brands.

I have heard that best extraction method for these is to cut it half and then carefully taking out the membrane and fentanyl from the backing with scalpel or similar very sharp blade and then soaking it up in acidic liquid for few hours and straining it afterwards.

Due the glue it shouldn't be IV'd but plugged instead after diluting it with water and preferably adjusting the pH to a level it doesn't hurt your butt.

Anyways be carefull with this as it is very easy to OD when using fentanyl.

Thank you so much for your super fast reply Mr. Root, greatly appreciated.
So do you think I've unfortunately wasted all hope of getting anything out of this now?
Seeing as how all I did was take the whole 25 mcg/hr non gel patch out of the wrapper, ripped it in half and just put both pieces in my cheeks.
Is there anything I can do now that I've already done that, or will I have to try again next time and count my losses for this one?
It sucks knowing there's this fentanyl inside here but I may have no way to get it in me. There's gotta be a way, but WHAT???
Thanks again.

Oh I forgot you have put it in your mouth already.

I guess you could just toss that in the acidic liquid and strain it after sitting there for a while and still get atleast something out of it.

Do you have blender? As you can't separate that membrane/fentanyl layer from a backing anymore you could use blender to rip it into small pieces which would totally let the liquid be in full contact with the fentanyl.

I am not infectologist and therefore I am not sure if mouth might contain any bacteria or such that can survive in the acidic liquid and cause infection or such when plugging so I would advise you to use it orally instead even that it has lower BA.

Buccal is higher than ingesting so you could soak bandage, cotton rags, or such in the liquid and keep those in your mouth.

The only patch that gets you almost intantly high is Sandoz, a tiny cut of it against the cheek or lip. To get you started, there's extra fentanly on the top like a sprinkling of sugar, and your pain will be gone in about ten minutes. A used piece takes a bit longer and its best to use three or four used pieces at once in that case. (Don't throw the used ones out.) Good luck! Your pharmacist needs a few days to order Sandoz but it's worth it. Be sure to make each one last three days by cutting it up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.