European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Frank

Treacle

Bluelighter
Now, I've always known the Talk to FRANK website contains mistakes, and that it sometimes doesn't even bother to list any positive effects from a drug, and I believe some Bluelight members actually managed to get them to make some changes. However, having not visited the site in years, I had a quick look, and saw this:

Depressants make you feel relaxed and chilled out but they can slow down your heart rate and breathing which can be fatal. They include alcohol, tranquillisers, heroin and cannabis.

Cannabis? Seriously? It's not even a fucking depressant, it's a hallucinogen. It increases heart rate, and doesn't depress breathing. Now, as stated, I know the site has never been brilliant with facts, but that is a joke. The whole site is full of grammar mistakes and, in some cases, missing basic punctuation, like full stops. Young people are reading this stuff, which claims to be factual, and it's really not. I've not read any more, because I had to get this posted. Can anyone else find any awful mistakes? We should have a top ten, then contact the clowns that run the place. No wonder most people know nothing about drugs, if they're being fed these 'facts' by their own government. What a joke.

Try not to get as pissed off as I just did: http://www.talktofrank.com/

I'd always thought of "Frank" as Frank Sidebottom, but Frank Spencer works just as well =D

IT shmaes me that such misinformation is still being trotted out.

They missed an opportunity to avoid acute suffers to avoid alcohol and, to and extend booze, if I handt already used a far bit in the past I would have tried it especially preference to some of the poison I'been scripted.

Can you phone their fucking hotline while high on oral DMT and tell them "I've having the greatest 2 hours of my life".

Can you phone their fucking hotline while high on oral DMT and tell them "I've having the greatest 2 hours of my life".

Hahahaha I don 't think so lol :D too funny

I phoned them once when I was going through codeine addiction - they were shit, didn't understand the difference between physical n psychological withdrawal symptoms.

Evey

Cannabis? Seriously? It's not even a fucking depressant, it's a hallucinogen. It increases heart rate, and doesn't depress breathing.No wonder most people know nothing about drugs, if they're being fed these 'facts' by their own government. What a joke.

Sounds like they are trying to simplify things, rather than deliberately setting out to mislead and mis-inform people. Either way, it's not a very good way to go about things, and a reflection on politicians talking down to people and being very patronising, as if they haven't got the brains to understand that some things can get a little bit complicated.

Hahahaha I don 't think so lol :D too funny

I phoned them once when I was going through codeine addiction - they were shit, didn't understand the difference between physical n psychological withdrawal symptoms.

Evey

I remember someone arrested during Operation Ismene was desperately trying to find out what you do after being arrested so he phoned this drugs information line and said "How do I get these fucking pigs off my back?" and the operator "Oh, we can't offer any help regarding that we just tell addicts how sick they are".

Were you doing CWE on the paracodeines evey? Last time I went into the pharmacy the female pharmacist goes "I'm not selling you anymore after this. you were in 3 days ago". I said "I've got a fucking headache allright? Same headache I've had for 6 months".

Were you doing CWE on the paracodeines evey? Last time I went into the pharmacy the female pharmacist goes "I'm not selling you anymore after this. you were in 3 days ago". I said "I've got a fucking headache allright? Same headache I've had for 6 months".

A few times but when in true addiction, my mind wouldn't let me. I'd have thoughts like "you'll never get enough codeine in you," and "it's gna take too long to feel affects, you'll be miserable, you need it now." funny how addiction plays and toys with the mind. It makes you feel you NEED the drug of choice, rather than anything else, literally. So basically, at the time I'd rather risk liver failure due to paracetamol or kidney failure / stomach issues due to excess ibuprofen, as long as I could have codeine because without it, I could not function.... You'll be surprised the amount of recovery sites I went to, to try and get help just to be given a lable against me or a load of hypocrisy towards me - no one will ever know who much I wish I'd found Bluelght from the beginning. No one here ever judged me on having a codeine addiction and BELIEVE ME, former-addicts are more judgemental than any non-addict I could ever know.

Sorry I've had a drink so I'm rambling on here. Hah!

But my advice when it comes to harm reduction and "addicts"; (I use the term loosely as I don't believe in labels; another issues with other addicts) is to ask someone who is either suffering or has suffered addiction. It doesn't matter what drug it is; it could be Heroin, it could be Codeine; it is ADDICTION that messes with the mind, and NOT the drug of choice (DoC). There's a difference between a drug user and someone suffering from addiction.

Sorry for the ramble - drinking hahahaha

EDIT: I love Bluelight for having a Recovery Support site.... When it comes to harm reduction and anyone suffering / suffered addiction it is APPARRATIVE to ask people who have gone through this as thought patterns are different and it affects a lot; communications etc, in term of harm reduction. Remember to someone going through addiction; the DoC becomes more important to food or drink. The Amygdala, part of the brain dealing with survival etc. is involved with addiction - the neo-hippocampus (I've had a drink) is the part fighting AGAINST it....

Evey

Last edited:
Apparrative?.....is that a small drink one has to whet the palate before a meal?

Apparrative?.....is that a small drink one has to whet the palate before a meal?

Heyyyy you! Long time , no see how are you doing, eh???? Nice to see you again. Do you still hang out in the Other Drugs sub-forum?

Didn't you used to do body building?

Evey

Hi Evey,

I'm doing OK...I mainly hang around the chronic pain forum as I'm still prescribed shit loads of stuff for my back. I'm in the middle of my paramedic exams so don't come on that much.

Sorry at my joke about your miss-spelling!! (I'm sure u would take in in good humour though!!)

Yes I still do bodybuilding (back permitting)

How are u?...are u still prescribed sub's?

^^^don't worry about the joke :D

Yea I'm still on subs - it's a nightmare trying to get off them. Are you still on methadone? I'm sure I remember you saying you were prescribed methadone pills???? Sorry to hear that you're back's still giving you jib.

Evey

Yeah chronic pain doctor alternates between fentanyl patches, oxycodone, morphine and methadone pills but have been on methadone pills for a bit now....60mg three times a day with 300mg pregabalin twice a day and 5mg diazepam at night (plus paracetamol, naproxen and lansoprazole).

Also been getting testosterone injections cos long term opiate pain mmanagement can reduce you levels...plus I'm just turned 40. Works pretty well...only side effect is a permenant boner during the night but my girlfriend isn't objecting haha!!!

It's a mouthpiece of government policy which is "just say no" - of course it includes the same misinformation and downright lies that MPs and 'senior figures' (whatever they are) spit out anytime there's political gain to do so.

Why anyone who has already gone through puberty would go look at FRANK website is more the question, especially those who have access to this great site.