Recreational use of levodopa (Sinemet) or dopamine agonists--pramipexole, ropinirole

zenografia

Greenlighter
I (and a Neurology professor in London) are collecting information on the recreational use of levodopa (Sinemet) and other dopamine agonists. I had written an article on the positive reinforcing effects of levodopa many years ago. Recently I have began to acquire anecdotes on the use of these medications to alter consciousness and the perception of color, to enhance creativity, for body-building, as an aphrodisiac. Bluelight provides an anonymous population of drug users that would not normally be available through standard academic research approaches.

Attached is a survey monkey questionnaire I have prepared. No personal identifying information will be collected. The brief survey will take less than 5 min.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VV3N789

If this link doesn't work, here are the survey questions:
[h=1]Recreational Use of Levodopa (Sinemet) and other dopamine agonists
Exit this survey
[/h]1. How old are you?
How old are you? Years

2. Are you male or female?
t.gif
Are you male or female? Male
t.gif
Female

3. Does anyone in your household (healthy or with Parkinson's disease) currently use Sinemet, Mirapex or Requip?
t.gif
Does anyone in your household (healthy or with Parkinson's disease) currently use Sinemet, Mirapex or Requip? Yes, someone does
t.gif
No, no one does
t.gif
Not sure

4. Do you suffer from Parkinson's Disease or restless leg syndrome?
t.gif
Do you suffer from Parkinson's Disease or restless leg syndrome? Yes
t.gif
No

5. Do you currently use Sinemet, Mirapex or Requip to get high or to change the way you feel?
t.gif
Do you currently use Sinemet, Mirapex or Requip to get high or to change the way you feel? Yes, I do
t.gif
No, I do not

6. Which of the following people would you consider to be recreational users of levodopa (Sinemet) or dopamine agonists like pramipexole (Mirapex) or ropinirole (Requip)? (Check all that apply)
t.gif
Which of the following people would you consider to be recreational users of levodopa (Sinemet) or dopamine agonists like pramipexole (Mirapex) or ropinirole (Requip)? (Check all that apply) A person with Parkinson's Disease who uses it to improve motor function.
t.gif
A person with Parkinson's Disease who uses it to feel better.
t.gif
A healthy person who uses these drugs to enhance sexual function.
t.gif
A healthy person who uses these drugs as an adjunct to body building.
t.gif
A healthy person who uses these drugs to enhance creativity (painting, making music).
t.gif
A healthy person who uses these drugs to get "high"

7. At what age did you first start using Sinemet (or Requip or Mirapex)?
At what age did you first start using Sinemet (or Requip or Mirapex)?

8. How many times in a month do you use Sinemet (or other dopamine agonist) as a recreational substance?
How many times in a month do you use Sinemet (or other dopamine agonist) as a recreational substance?

9. What effect does Sinemet or the dopamine agonists have on you?
What effect does Sinemet or the dopamine agonists have on you?