• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 College Basketball thread v. the somethin somethin invitational

The Cats have faced adversity and probably have the three best wins of any team this season. Coach Cal is a legend regardless of if we win this year or not. Just signed some Kiwi dude that should be interesting

I'm about to watch this Kentucky vs Alabama game. I don't have much hope for my tide pulling this upset but fuck it nothing else on tv

You could have watched duke virginia, if you had wanted something competitive.

Oh yeah, speaking of weak schedules. Virginias has been actually pretty shitty so far. First good team they play, they lose. Two more tough ones coming up for them too.

You could have watched duke virginia, if you had wanted something competitive.

Oh yeah, speaking of weak schedules. Virginias has been actually pretty shitty so far. First good team they play, they lose. Two more tough ones coming up for them too.

I watched some of it after kentucky pulled away in the first ten minutes lol

Oregon is playing UCLA Saturday on Fox at 3pm. potential bracket sleepers in the Ducks im telling you guys

check it

I've been watching so much college basketball lately seeing if I can become more prepared and make march madness even more interesting this year.

Problem though is that to really sit down and start to get into something I just feel like I gotta put money on games so I'm -$9 ATM.

I started off good with Villanova over butler with a wild 3pointer at the end to win me the spread, but I had 1 day that ruined me with Kansas losing by 1 @ West Virginia. Idk if anyone saw that ending but the 1 dude missed an easy lay up potential buzzer beater which cost me . Drawing a blank on the guys name but I'll give him a pass because he looked really good up until then

Then yesterday I had temple over Smu $2 to win $6 and they looked awesome in the first half and then blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half, which really pissed me off. Also had Oregon state over Utah 2 to win 6, since they were 14-0 at home and big underdog so I thought I'd take that shot. My only win yesterday was Memphis over uconn

Pretty much just putting up 3-4 small bets each day so I can learn the teams a bit more but maybe I should just stick to UFC.

Troy Williams from Indiana is the most impressive player I've watched so far. Only a small sample size (2 games) and I'm still a college basketball noob and haven't watched every team, but he's crazy athletic and has a good basketball IQ. i could definitely see him in the nba.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with Indiana in the tournament. They're beastly at 3s and if they can catch fire woo wee they could go far IMO. or maybe they won't and exit first round though

These fuckwads saying UK "needs" to lose a game before the tournament. Lol. That basically amounts to superstition, and thats just silly. But the selection committee will put us up against wisconsin, just wait. They should give us what we and everyone else wants though, duke.

bro I don't even think it matter who the committee puts you up against - UK looks head and shoulders better above the rest

and to play Devil's advocate - I see the strength in losing at least a game before playoffs. when you're undefeated in any sport - the pressure is on. as crazy as it sounds, mentally, it's almost better to lose a game before any sort of sudden death elimination round

just ask Tom Brady and Randy Moss about that one

bro I don't even think it matter who the committee puts you up against - UK looks head and shoulders better above the rest

and to play Devil's advocate - I see the strength in losing at least a game before playoffs. when you're undefeated in any sport - the pressure is on. as crazy as it sounds, mentally, it's almost better to lose a game before any sort of sudden death elimination round

just ask Tom Brady and Randy Moss about that one

I tend to agree about the losing part. But it has too happen naturally. I think they will lose a game in the SEC tourney.

What yall dont get though...that pressure is on them ALL the time, no matter what. UK is expected to win it all every single year. That is the standard they are held to. Thats where the pressure comes from. A 40-0 season will be a huge bonus, no doubt, but a bunch of our guys stayed last year because they felt a responsibility to bring home a 9th title...especially when they got so close last year. They are focused on one game at a time. Coach Cal and the team see all this "pursuit of perfection" crap as noise and they tune it out. Hes said that to some degree in several interviews.

If anything, they will use their undefeated status as fuel.

nah - I do get the mentality of expecting to win every single game, and being expected to win the National Championship every year - I am an Ohio State football fan, after all

and I also get how with any situation, you can put a positive spin on anything (like your words about Coach Calimari tuning out the "perfection" noise. I get this because I am a sales man, after all

Wow those pesky arkansas fans seemed to vanish from the social medias pretty fast last night. They'd been talking how they were gonna hand us our first loss all season. Poor things. Waking up this morning realizing they never even had a chance. :(

it is better to lose a game before the tournaments start, whether it be conference or march madness, imo

Oregon's tallest player is 6'7 and theyre most likely going to March Madness

crazy

Elgin Cook is a nice player though, got in trouble in Milwaukee (hometown) a few times so his parents sent him far,far away to school in Northwest Florida and then Oregon.

thug life

Last edited:
i was watching michigan vs wisconsin yesterday because march madness is just around the corner and i wanna get a little prepared this year, and they start talking about michigans Austin Hatch. dude's been in 2 plane crashes and the first one his mom and 2 siblings died, and the second his dad and stepmom died. doesnt get crazier than that folks.

too bad i think hes just some bench player who never gets any minutes.
The fucked up thing is that his dad was the pilot in both crashes. Apparently dad was a terrible pilot.

yeah who trained that guy, al-qaeda?

ba dun......tsssss

OREGON

get your shoes on baby

cuz we DANCIN

AHOOOOOOOOOO

Epic night of basketball.

And I don't really give a shit what anyone says, I would not want to be up against any SEC team in the tournament this year...not just uk.