MAPS DMT for Autoimmune Inflammatory Conditions!

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
[Published: August 29, 2014]

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0106533

This is a big one for me, as DMT has been one of the most effective treatments I have found for my rheumatoid arthritis.

"Here we demonstrate for the first time the immunomodulatory potential of NN-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT on human moDC functions via sigmar-1 that could be harnessed for the pharmacological treatment of autoimmune diseases and chronic inflammatory conditions of the CNS or peripheral tissues. Our findings also point out a new biological role for dimethyltryptamines, which may act as systemic endogenous regulators of inflammation and immune homeostasis through the sigma-1 receptor."

8o<3

This is really strong news. I suffered from sarcoidosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and irritable bowel. The medications I was prescribed only made things worse over time. I also increased my opiate dependency to astronomical level to try and "treat" the pain. The Doctors were not able to help. Finally I became so fed up that I researched an amazing amount of information and concluded that all my symptoms were likely caused by some type of pan hypothalamic or pan limbic deregulation. I proceeded of all the medications I was on and instead asked to be placed on two medications that were rarely used to treat what I had. One to level out the overall system and one to promote a few chemicals that obviously needed promoting. I was 85% better in less than a month and with the addition of exercise, meditation, and quality unmedicated sleep and there neuro stabilizing effects, I was fully recovered in less that six months and remain so.

I so happy to hear of this potential as CF, fibro, and autoimmune conditions are miserable and I belive that when we attempt to treat them with the current individual or groups of individual chemical manipulations we find little lasting relief and often make things much worse.

Really good potential news for people still suffering. Bring on psychedelic healing, the worlds sick and needs it pretty bad.

Wow yeah this is hugely promising. Autoimmune disorders are a growing problem in the western world with any number of possible explanations. I myself have been sticken since the age of five, first with severe allergies and asthma, and then diagnosed with IBD (Ulcerative Colitis) at 9 and 6 years later had my entire colon removed. I first tried DMT 10 years later, and it may well have done something to normalize my immune system. Cannabis too is also an immunomodulator as the endocannabinoid system plays a strong role in regulating the immune system.

I need to do some more research into this. I've suffered from a number of inexplicable and very painful health problems for most of my life and doctors can find nothing wrong with me for the most part. I've been slapped with IBS and "possible" fibromyalgia, and the typical pharmaceutical treatments haven't been that great for me. Pregabalin helped, but it was so addictive that I just couldn't stay on it; missing my morning dose would cause migraines by 10 AM, and god forbid I would ever run out because of a pharmacy issue or something.

The combination of meds that I identified and used successfully was lamictal to stabilize the system and methylphenidate for its dopamine and adrenaline action. I like you had hundreds of tests with everything coming up golden. I would also consider having your vitamine D levels checked and if your male I would consider having your testosterone levels checked as well.

Last edited:
I've been slapped with IBS and "possible" fibromyalgia, and the typical pharmaceutical treatments haven't been that great for me. Pregabalin helped, but it was so addictive that I just couldn't stay on it; missing my morning dose would cause migraines by 10 AM, and god forbid I would ever run out because of a pharmacy issue or something.
This is very similar to me, except I am still on pregabalin. I have chronic nerve pain in my legs for years with no explanation but suspect it is also autoimmune related.

My vitamin D had been a little low but is good now, and my vitamin B levels are finally in line; I had to take ridiculous amounts of B vitamins, in particular B12, for about a year to get up to a normal level that I've so far been able to maintain. Part of my stomach problems may be related to endometriosis (I've got lady parts, so no T-tests for me :)), so if another scan doesn't reveal anything, exploratory surgery is likely next. I've lost almost 25 pounds since May because of how painful it is to eat and how little sleep I'm getting because of the pain (and that's with practically negative physical activity because I'm so tired and hurty that I just lie around most days watching TV and hoping for sleep), so I'm just looking for any answers at this point. I've been able to tame some of the symptoms with a low-FODMAP diet, but that's only enough to keep me out of the emergency room, not enough to live, let alone eat, normally.

I really encourage you to explore the concept that this all has roots in a pan hypothalamic dysregulation. Poor sleep will make this much, much, worse as it makes the dysregulation worse. It also may be a symptom of the theory I have put forth. The hypothalamus is the center for emotion, pain, apatite, were gut feeling come from, control our sleep and wake cycle, control our energy levels and can cause severe fatigue and a bunch of other things. I kinda fell off studying it once I cured myself. This thread below is kind of a mess, and I did not really support the early part well. But the person who's thread this was talked with there doctor about the concept and they decided to remove her from all her medications and to try the methylphenidate. She sent me a PM a few moths later informing me that it was working amazingly well and that she so much better then she had since getting the symptoms.

I really recommend the combination of methylphenidate and lamictal as the lamictal really seems to be great at stabilizing the hypothalamus. My experience of the lamictal was very positive. There was like NO side effects. I dont think I can say this about any other medication I have ever been on. I also feal that the dopamine and adrenal aspects of the methylphenidate are key. I feal the combination of these medications help stabilizes the hypothalamus and it may also affect striatal dopamine levels.

Here is that thread, please bare in mind that allot of what I initially presented was just a basic idea and evidence that loosely, some time very loosely backed the idea up. I add to what I feal is a growing and developing body off proof when I come across it. Here is also some other relevant information.

I would hate to see you have an exploratory surgery for something that is not there;) So I would really consider talking with your doctor and giving this medicinal approach a decent go before I let someone cut me open to blindly peak around. If you do give this a try you will want to add in practices that promote neuroregulation. Aerobic exercise four times a week (and belive me I know exactly how impossible that sounds with the pain and any fatigue you may have but its effects can be profound), sleep hygiene. meditation, nutrition.

An article I wrote on help with withdrawal, inspired by the Thomas Recipe
Exercise and Brain Neurotransmission
Neurobiology of Exercise
Diet & Neurogenesis

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

EDIT: Just took a look at Endometriosis. They say that treatments are pain relievers (not a treatment really), hormones, and surgery. The hypothalamus likely control the pituitary, which controls many hormone levels. There is a chance that if you can get the overall system stabilized your hormonal levels could return to proper levels and this would have a good chance at disappearing.

Last edited:
BK-2C-B worked wonders for my coeliac (auto-immune condition) joint pain, 5-meo-dalt made it worse, mushrooms seemed to have little effect, but that was after the bk-2c-b miraculously cured it.

BK-2C-B worked wonders for my coeliac (auto-immune condition) joint pain, 5-meo-dalt made it worse, mushrooms seemed to have little effect, but that was after the bk-2c-b miraculously cured it.

Interesting! Had you happened to have tried the none beta-ketone before? Weird that DALT made it worse when it's not too dissimilar to DMT. I'm by no stretch a chemist but could the methoxy group have a negative effect? And those with a ketone group a positive? Would love to hear theories from more educated people than myself

Interesting! Had you happened to have tried the none beta-ketone before? Weird that DALT made it worse when it's not too dissimilar to DMT. I'm by no stretch a chemist but could the methoxy group have a negative effect? And those with a ketone group a positive? Would love to hear theories from more educated people than myself

No, never tried 2C-B or anything else related. My back pain hasn't returned either, but I've done my best to avoid gluten, which was the cause of it in my case. Months of a gluten free diet helped my back pain a little, but it was still really bad, bk2cb just turned it off instantly like flipping a switch. Several vertebrae in my neck were locked together, wouldn't move due to the inflammation, for years, caused me lots of pain & restricted my movement, bk-2c-b unlocked them.

5-meo-dalt effect was dose dependent & short lived, it was just heavy doses (over 30mg oral) that gave me joint pain again. I think 5-meo-dalt may have some antagonist effects, but it's just a guess, it seemed to reverse some effects of bk-2c-b when taken together.

I think other chemicals related to 2C-B might be most promising for anti-inflammatory action, DOI has been investigated.

Mushrooms possibly had some effect, but not as pronounced as bk2cb.

My theory is it's little to do with the brain & it's hitting peripheral serotonin receptors to cause an anti-inflammatory effect, so maybe a non-hallucinogenic drug that doesn't cross the BBB could be produced with similar anti-inflammatory effects, maybe there's a receptor subtype that bk-2c-b agonises & 5-meo-dalt antagonises. I'm no chemist though, I just wish one would pick it up & investigate it properly.

Last edited:
My vitamin D had been a little low but is good now, and my vitamin B levels are finally in line; I had to take ridiculous amounts of B vitamins, in particular B12, for about a year to get up to a normal level that I've so far been able to maintain. Part of my stomach problems may be related to endometriosis (I've got lady parts, so no T-tests for me :)), so if another scan doesn't reveal anything, exploratory surgery is likely next. I've lost almost 25 pounds since May because of how painful it is to eat and how little sleep I'm getting because of the pain (and that's with practically negative physical activity because I'm so tired and hurty that I just lie around most days watching TV and hoping for sleep), so I'm just looking for any answers at this point. I've been able to tame some of the symptoms with a low-FODMAP diet, but that's only enough to keep me out of the emergency room, not enough to live, let alone eat, normally.

For a while I had bad stomach pain. I also lost an extreme amount of weight during the peak of the issue and had insomnia. These symptoms were exacerbated if the outside felt colder than the inside (40 degree difference). Ondansetron temporarily improved my symptoms. Cannabis consumption also stimulates appetite, though you might not like the consequences of daily cannabis use. Do you have hypertension? If your symptoms are similar and you ask I could review my notes.

Eventually I found out a solution. I moved to some suburbs where the outside is warmer. I also consistently exercise.

I think other chemicals related to 2C-B might be most promising for anti-inflammatory action, DOI has been investigated.

Another study found DOI to be very effective in terms of anti-inflammatory and immuno-modulatory effects (I think it was chosen because DOI is a sort of 'reference compound' in studies investigating 5ht2a agonism). However, I'm not sure that we have sufficient evidence to say whether a partial agonist (eg, DMT) is more effective than a full agonist (eg, DOI), nor what type of duration is optimal. I assume that people are seeing a benefit after these compounds wear off, so duration of efficacy might be decoupled from duration of direct effects.

ebola

Nice to know. That would explained why people get cured of these conditions with ayahuasca.