• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

One Week Heroin Binge - What To Expect (lightweight newb)

embryo923

Bluelighter
I have done dope (poweder heroin, snorted) everyday for the last 6 days and I am quitting starting tomorrow. I did it early this morning so its been about 7 hours since my last use, and Im not really feeling any WD's yet. I have binged before about a month ago, and I didn't feel any WD's until Day 2. Bu neer did it everyday for 6 straight days. I know I am a lightweight and 6 days of only 5 bags snorted is NOTHING compared to some real heavy users.. But I am still scared. What should I expect? Am I going to be miserable as fuck or just uncomfortable for a few days? I have a good supply of Klonopin, and access to Immodium. No suboxone though, and no Xanax. I'm really stressed out thinking about how unpleasant the next few days will be. I even spent ALL the money I have left so that I absolutely cannot get more dope even if I wanted to, I just have no money and nobody will spot me. I want to never do this shit again so maybe a nice long 3 days of misery will teach me the lesson I need to be taught. I have no will power or discipline.

I'm so lonely, the only people I know are drug addicts, but I hate them and I hate myself for getting to this point. I don't want to go any further down this road. My house is for sale so hopefully moe soon. I just want to be a fucking normal average Joe...just like in that movie Trainspotting...the family, the white picket fence, etc etc...just a normal dude with an average, non exciting life. It's better than this constant up and down life of being high all the time and then feeling full of guilt and realizing how much money I wasted and how many years I've shaved off my life, how much potential I threw away. I'm a musician and songwriter, so I started all this thinking it would expand my mind, make me more creative, and it did...years ago. but those days are over, the party is over.

Anyway, 6 straight days of using heroin, 5 bags a day, that is more than I've ever done so consistently. I also OD'd a year ago this month from combining DXM, Benadryl, Klonopin and dope in a 12 hours period. Stupid, stupid stupid, I know. I ended up in the ICU for a week, was coughing up blood, my heart looked like that of a 75 year old man with heart disease, according to my doc, and I died in the ambulance according to the nurses.

What can I do? I know i have to get out of this town, that is a given. I will make sure that happens...I just wnat to get through the withdrawal with as little physical discomfort and misery as possible. I guess just take the klonopin and immodium...try to knock myself outm delete all the phone numbers of dealers...but when I get the urge what should I tell myself? I leave myself notes around my room like "DONT FUCKING DO ANY D YOU PUSSY" etc...but I ignore them. Thanks to anyone who can help me out with some advice, and sorry to anyone who reads this and thinks "what a pussy, I've been shooting up for 10 years and this little punk bitch is afraid of WD's from 5 bags after only 6 days" I totally understand...but this is just my situation. I'm being honest about it. I'm weak, no tolerance to opiates. 5 bags (and might I add, they are shitty bags, lots of cut, throat burns a bit) is enough to make me nod for a good 2 hours or so and feel good for a full day...though I start getting very irritable later in the day.

This is one of my first threads on here. I hope I don't make an ass of myself and I hope this thread can help others in the future. And I hope I can read through this forum and help others as well. I wanna be a normal dude, clean and sober, getting high from making music and eating healthy fruits and nuts, watching my favorite sports teams and boxing (I'm a Mike Tyson fan...I'm from Brooklyn and so he is, I have a lot of flaws so does he, don't judge.)

And if anyone needs to vent, message me, I'm' a good listener and giver of advice, in areas where I can give good advice. I was addicted to DXM for 8 years, did it 4-5 days a week for 8 years and I quit cold turkey, on my own, no rehab, no detox, I just had enough. So I am not a total failure. Please tell me what to expect from this opiate withdrawal shit. Thanks.

You might have a few days of feeling rough flu like symptoms. Things like hot/cold sweats, runny nose, watery eyes, cramps, nausea, rls, the runs, etc. it's in no way fun. But being that you don't use much and not a regular user, along with the short half life of H, in worst case I would say 3 or 4 days and that might even be a stretch. It's hard to say as everyone is different, metabolize things faster/slower than other etc. whatever you do don't do anymore. Just ride it out. The last thing you want to do is end up and opiate addict like my self. Over 10yrs fucking with that shit! Good luck and I hope you get better soon!

Evil0ner, thank you for replying.

Well I didn't do any dope today but I did 5 blues, 30mg each. Is this considered "tapering off" considering I was doing 5 bags per day...is 150mg of blues less or more than 5 bags of white powder? I def don't feel nearly as good as I did on the bags of powder...but I know the snorting part was a psychological high, and I took these blues orally. Tomorrow I will have no money, I gave my credit card and money to my mom and spent all my cash on guitar related stuff, which I needed anyway but had been keeping so I could buy drugs. But now I have no money to buy drugs. If I need vitamins to help me, like L-Tyrosine I've heard good things about in terms of helping with PAWS, I can get them from my parents, but no recreational drugs. I always tell my dealer to "cut me off" but he never does, he always just sells to me again anyway. he doesn't give a shit about me.

Anyway my main question is will having taken the blues help ease the WD's, is this considered a taper down since I kinda didn't get as high as I would from the 5 bags of powder, or does it not make a difference...or is it worse that I did the blues because it's synthetic heroin, which I heard is even worse? Again I realize compared to the REAL addicts who have been using for years and in much higher doses, I sound like a pathetic, laughable stupid bastard, which I'll be the first to admit I am. But I am afraid of the physical and mental agony that awaits me in the next few days. I just got an RX for Zoloft, which should help me with depression during the PAWS. I WILL experience PAWS, because for the last year I have used dope on and off, but never did it everyday for a week straight. And before I did it for this last week straight, i hadn't used any for about 2 weeks. Idk how this shit works, physical addiction wise. Idk, my mind is all over the place, I have a lot of emotional issues, I'm a wreck right now, whether I would've taken the blues or not, or even if I would've done bags, I would still be fucked up in the head. I just want to be an average, American schmuck who works 9-5 and watches football on the weekend (though personally I'm a hockey fan, Go Rangers). Music is my life, I'm a musician, which is why I experimented with drugs to begin with...foolish and unnessary, I was a great musician and composer without drugs, but I decided to see if they would positively affect my music (and they did, I can't lie..) Arite I'll shut up. I've searched the web everyday for hours, rreading about opiate WD's and howt o handle them, but my case is unique because all the cases I read about are people who have been using for YEARS or at least many months. I have a low tolerance and did white powder, the strong stuff (and I live in the NY/NJ area where it's supposedly the strongest) and I am scared. I have no friends, nobody to talk to while I go through the physical misery. I have no motivation to play my guitar or work on music..i just find myself sitting here listening to interviews on youtube, feeling incredibly useless and like I'm wasting my time and life, watching my life waste away. As I said in my previous post, I did DXM for 7 years straight almost everyday, and I feel like i lost those years of my life. I'm sick of this shit. Idk if I need rehab...I just need to be away from the dealers. When I'm staying with family and have no way of meeting up with dealers, I have no urges to get high. I am depressed, but I don't think about drugs or getting high. I'm just depressed because I don't know what to do with myself, I don't know how to enjoy life. I think it's definitely from the DXM use and the seratonin. I was flooding my brain with a massive amount of seratonin for 7 years and then I stopped cold turkey (barely experienced any physical WD symptoms...threw up a few times after eating dinner, had "brain zaps" which were the worst part, and high blood pressure. Otherwise it was easy compared to even the mildest opiate WD.)

Anyway if you can get through this babbling comment and find any questions I asked and have any answers or help, please help me. If anyone has any issues with DXM, and you need help, please let me try to help you.

Hey man - i'm an on and off user for years now so I know exactly whats up (also a super lightweight).

Depending on how often you used per day, the wd's will vary in severity. Regardless, you have gotten your body used to something and now your taking it away - so your bound to feel a bit unpleasant.

Thing you have to know is WD's can be somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy in some ways. If you think its going to be terrible, your going to focus on how terrible you think its going to be and then presto - your feel'n like shit. So in my experience the night time is the worst of it - trouble getting to sleep, turning in your sleep, restless legs, sweating, body aches. At worst that'll happen - and possibly a week of not being your happiest.

Biggest thing for me is my body feeling restless which is the hardest thing for me to cure. Body aches can be cured by tylenol.
Tips:

1)If you can get your hands on xanex, do it. It is my miracle cure. When you start feeling like shit - take .25 at lunch, and .5 - 1mg an hour before bed. This will get you through the worst of it.
2) Melatonin. Get it for your nighttime, it'll help you get to bed and relax your body a bit more.
3) There are some other herbal things that have helped out, do some online searching. St. Johns Wort is a nice mood booster.
4) Delete your hook ups number and history and block it. Go through your text messages too.

Staying strong through WD's, or just straight putting lady h down is by far the hardest thing you'll have to go through. they call it heroine demons for a reason. countless times i have gotten through the worst of the withdrawals and after the 78hr period i've hit up my dude, broken down, and before i know it I'm on a one way track downtown. so make it impossible for you to find it again. for me - that means relocating myself 9 hours east.

sry thats kinda brief but I'm strung out as hell right now and just typing this up is sparking a serious craving. speaking of - if you seriously do get a crazy craving and need to do something, i've been playing with Kratom lately, you'll probably find it at your local head shop - but it sounds like your fresh in the H game, which means its better to just get out of it while you still can. the longer you do it, the harder it will become, and the more of your life you will lose. the more of yourself you will lose.

best of luck man, if you want any more tips or something just ask, but theres some sick ass posts on good about how to handle WD's. its basically 78 hrs and then its over - you can do anything as long as you know its going to end, and this my friend, definitely will if you want it bad enough.

Applejacks - I really appreciate you taking the time to respond while you are strung out and feeling so much physical and mental discomfort...thank you brother. I wish I could help you out in some way. All I know about is how to deal with DXM addiction and withdrawal. I am new to this opiate shit. But hey, I wanted to go down this path and experiment and I found that it makes you feel good but at a very high price, which I do not choose to ever have to pay again. I'd rather be that awkward, semi-depressed, weird nerdy kid I was in high school and college than this drug fiending, anti social, ungrateful piece of human garbage I feel like now.

I have a months supply of Klonopin which is making me feel a little better. I wish I had just 1 suboxone, because I could make that last me all week (people take WAYY too much suboxone, all you need is a tiny strip or 1-2mg, not even..but the doctors, or maybe it's the FDA misinforming the doctors, over prescribe it in daily dosage, it's absolutely insane and horrible that they do this. Pure evil).

I also have an RC for Zoloft, which is an SSRI, that I started taking (at half the dose my doc recommended because whenever I start these antidepressants I have fucking terrible side effects the first few days, and since i cut the dose in half I've barely had any. I know my brain is still recovering seratonin-wise from the 7 years of DXM abuse, because DXM is an SSRI and I was just flooding my brain with seratonin and then stopped cold turkey and I have not been happy or had pleasure from anything other than sex and getting attention from cute girls since then.) So I think this zoloft will help my PAWS depression, I'm feeling very confident, but I have to be patient and wait for that time to come.

I wouldn't expect much. Maybe a bit of psychological craving, but thats it. I did a 2 week binge before I moved country, and I had no withdrawal symptoms, only a bit of a craving for it. I was on dihydrocodeine for 6 months straight and had no withdrawal symptoms when I quit. Maybe take a bit of speed temporarily to take your mind off it, I guarantee that will satisfy any cravings, just make sure you limit that to about a week. Withdrawing from 8 years of DXM is as hardcore as it gets. A 2 year heroin withdrawal would be mild in comparison to that. 6 days isn't enough for any withdrawal symptoms unless you've gone through heroin withdrawals multiple times in the past.

I wouldn't expect much. Maybe a bit of psychological craving, but thats it.

This, exactly. If I were you I would be far more concerned about your ability to stay clean, because you're at the very beginning of what can be a very long nightmare.

Don't take anything else to 'taper' - you haven't used enough for this to be beneficial it will only exasperate your situation.

I fuckin "relapsed" after only 1 day sober. It was mainy the psychological craving but I was definitely having hot flashes which are the worst, my whole body feels really hot for like 30 seconds and then goes back to normal causing even MORE anxiety and discomfort, and feeling very weak and tired, and very anxious. Feeling that anxiety you get when you get your heart broken, kind of. I'm buying a few xanax (I could get suboxone, but I've heard it's worse than dope, and it'll just prolong my problems) and I'm going away to stay with my dad, far away. I won't have a car, I'll have no way of getting ANY drugs at all. I am so fucking pissed off I was so weak. I almost made it through the whole day yesterday, made it til about 7 oclock PM, after a long day of feeling very anxious and shitty. So frustrating. I'm also taking zoloft for depression, only for 10 days now, hoping it starts to work soon. I'm a depressed fucker. And have no willpower...however I did quit smoking pot and doing dxm. I'm such a weak prick. It's mostly mental, I just keep thinking about setting up those lines of powder and doing them and sitting back feeling good and watching stuff I enjoy on youtube. But I'm making sure I'll be somewhere where I can't get any drugs, and I'll stay there as long as they'll let me...it's just that my step mom doesn't like me being around for too many days because she's a miserable bitch. But I cannot stay in this town. It's SOOOO easy to get drugs, especially dope, and its so cheap. I hope the xanax helps. I also have klonopin but I try to use it sparingly, because I don't want to get hooked, and it doesn't make me feel too good anyway, I just take it when I need it. The xanax definitely makes me feel better and wipes away my anxiety. Thanks for the responses. Hopefully in 3-4 days I'll be posting about how I have made it and am over the hill, on my way to being off dope for good. Just gotta get through those 72 hours...

Withdrawing from 8 years of DXM is as hardcore as it gets. A 2 year heroin withdrawal would be mild in comparison to that. 6 days isn't enough for any withdrawal symptoms unless you've gone through heroin withdrawals multiple times in the past.

honestly the physical symptoms from my dxm withdrawal only lasted about 4-5 days. I threw up a few times. But the main thing is the depression...I think I'm depressed now, about a year since I stopped using it, and it's REAL depression. Like not being able or wanting to get out of bed, not having any pleasure in doing anything I used to enjoy. That's why I started messing with dope. It made me enjoy shit again, gave me energy. I'd clean the house, do yard work, all to make my mom happy. My family is so important to me, I want to make them happy more than anything, otherwise I'd be dead, or wouldn't mind the thought of suicide. But I live for my parents and my sister. But we have an awkward relationship because I was such an asshole, rebellious teenager, and was really nasty to my mom and it kills me to think of that now. She's very happy now, she's got a great boyfriend and she's happier than Ive seen her since I was a kid and everything was great, in 1990's America when the middle class was doing so well. Now money is tight, times are tough, she has a drug addict son, but she's making sure she enjoys life. Anyway this isn't about my mother or family...it's about me trying to get off of all illegal drugs (I'm going to try the Zoloft and see if it improves my life) and be the responsible adult I'm long overdue to be. I just wanna be happy and sober and enjoy life with my family. I've wasted so many years where I could have been doing this. I'm really weak when it comes to dope, I just need to be away from it, and away from the dealers because they don't give a shit if I tell them to cut me off...if I ask them for it again I just argue with them and they sell it to me. Gotta stay away from these guys. But right now my focus is on getting through the next 72 hours. Thanks again for the responses, please keep commenting if you have anything to say or add, it helps a lot.

Stop. Like right now with this Im so weak sh*t. Youre not weak, just human. Stop being so tough on yourself. You seem like a bright kid, worrying about it, seeing where it might lead. Youll make it. You just need to realize what you are about to lose for that stupid powder that makes a hole in your wallet and in you. First of all, dont give yourself absolute boundaries. I will never this never that. Nothing is certain, youre just asking for trouble and then youll blame yourself for breaking it again. Like with everything in life, all you can do is try and keep it up. Secondly, its so basic but really, get rid of people that do harder drugs (than pot) and/or would offer you. You need to be with those who will worry about you if you take dope infront of them, try to stop you. Hard to find but are worth their weight in gold over and over. And changing location is great for starting over, amazing, but in the long run its you again.

And personally I really like how you regret what you were like and how you appreciate your parents/mom. Like you said, if not for yourself, at least not, for her. FAmily is so so important. Everytime you want to get high think of how it will break everything apart, ruin the atmosphere, bring bad vibes in relationships, everything. You speak about how you created bad relationship with mom/family cause of your drugs but that is silly to worry over. Relationships are dynamic, change constantly, especially family, your mom will always strive to have a happy loving relationship with you (you help, spend more time with her, talk with her, more family stuff..), stop this silly worrying, thats the past, its up to you how it will be now on. The more you drag the past in the now the more power it has. Every moment is a blank slate. Unless youre perhaps in prison :). But otherwise just look forward about what you want it to be like and create it like that. Only your worrying is stopping you.
And I know how waking up and wishing dope feels like. Just being down. But I found out that it was in 99% from a) lack of getting of my ass and finding things that interest me, moving forward or just somewhere, with my life b)too much time, too much thinking (in the wrong way) ... Find what interests you, find hobbies, WORK OUT (incredibly important). If you think its chemical, get help (like you say you have Zoloft. I had it also for a bit, it worked well.). I suggest buddhism, their technique on the way of controling thoughts. Amazing stuff.

Otherwise you isolate yourself, lose friends, things to do, just have dope. Its difficult to turn it around then. You have too much to lose not to do it. Dont worry about wasted time. Worry about wasting it more. Cliche perhaps but whats done is done. Whatever. Use the time you have. Be with your family, have fun with you mom, do sh*t, learn stuff, ... Dope makes it seem a bit brighter but soon just destroys you emotionally and affects everyone around you. I know how it feels, sitting there wishing you had some. You use, it feels things will work out, its not so bad, Ill quit. Eventually you come to the point where the high kind of stops being so intense and youre more aware and you stop thinking everything will be fine as you are high but the high becomes more of a way of escaping and not thinking. You still of course say youll quit every time. Then its just to escape and not think about anything anymore, just daydream mostly, fantasies about life. Of course you ll still quit. But youre without money, friends, family, prospects. Turn around at this point is a b*tch. Youre in a great place now, dope is so f*cking not worth replacing what you have with it.

it takes a full day before you really feel like shit because the half life is long enough to keep you through the next day

you will have trouble sleeping on the 2nd-4th nights most likely

overall you just feel sluggish, like you got a cold really. that's why I interpreted it as being called "dope sick"

everything takes extra effort just to do anything, never reall thought it was OVERLY unbearable tbh but I also didnt have a ginormous habit

delsym helps with sleep, weed helps with everything, a lack of responsibilities for a week would certainly help but I usually would just go into work sick and take it slow

I fuckin "relapsed" after only 1 day sober. It was mainy the psychological craving but I was definitely having hot flashes which are the worst, my whole body feels really hot for like 30 seconds and then goes back to normal causing even MORE anxiety and discomfort, and feeling very weak and tired, and very anxious. Feeling that anxiety you get when you get your heart broken, kind of. I'm buying a few xanax (I could get suboxone, but I've heard it's worse than dope, and it'll just prolong my problems) and I'm going away to stay with my dad, far away. I won't have a car, I'll have no way of getting ANY drugs at all. I am so fucking pissed off I was so weak. I almost made it through the whole day yesterday, made it til about 7 oclock PM, after a long day of feeling very anxious and shitty. So frustrating. I'm also taking zoloft for depression, only for 10 days now, hoping it starts to work soon. I'm a depressed fucker. And have no willpower...however I did quit smoking pot and doing dxm. I'm such a weak prick. It's mostly mental, I just keep thinking about setting up those lines of powder and doing them and sitting back feeling good and watching stuff I enjoy on youtube. But I'm making sure I'll be somewhere where I can't get any drugs, and I'll stay there as long as they'll let me...it's just that my step mom doesn't like me being around for too many days because she's a miserable bitch. But I cannot stay in this town. It's SOOOO easy to get drugs, especially dope, and its so cheap. I hope the xanax helps. I also have klonopin but I try to use it sparingly, because I don't want to get hooked, and it doesn't make me feel too good anyway, I just take it when I need it. The xanax definitely makes me feel better and wipes away my anxiety. Thanks for the responses. Hopefully in 3-4 days I'll be posting about how I have made it and am over the hill, on my way to being off dope for good. Just gotta get through those 72 hours...

I did my 2 week binge right before I moved country, and its a good thing I moved cuz I wouldn't have stopped. Do like you said, move in with your dad for a couple of months or so. I'm serious about speed, it'll wipe out any psychological craving temporarily. Have some xanax or clonazepam ready for the comedown, and its happy days. I know exactly what you mean, I couldn't stop thinking about sitting back in a room full of junkies with some tin foil, a lighter and a few points of H. Now I can't even remember what the hell the big deal was. I've got the depression too, that coupled with a 6 year amphetamine withdrawal, I don't feel like doing too much but its not so bad. Opioids and other drugs just stopped working on me, now I can take them once a week and get the effects, if I take them any more often than that they make me feel like shit. When I think of it this is perfect. I can't get addicted even if I want to haha. The same thing with GHB, I can do baclofen once a week. If you can get a prescription for baclofen, I recommend trying it. Its not near as addictive as benzos but I'd take baclo over benzos any day. Wipes out any anxiety and replaces it with euphoria and fearlessness.

EDIT: I just realised its been 7 days since I last did baclofen. I'm feeling high and I haven't even taken it yet. Fuck, if only we can figure out how to control the placebo effect. Have you tried hypnosis yet? I'm immune to it, but most people are able to go into trance. Plus, I've figured out that mixing alcohol with dissociatives puts me in an easily hypnotisable state. I just need to find a hypnotherapist whos won't be shit scared of me, I get proper crazy on that combo, its a harmless kind of insanity, but other people don't know that.

Last edited:
When I first started I used a bunch of times before I ever got WDs. I used 10 days straight and then stopped. I had psychological cravings for sure and maybe felt a little down the first few days, but not much more than that.

Reading the internet regarding WDs isn't always a good thing for people who are newer to it. I mean knowledge is always a good thing and it's good to know what to expect, but I feel like it's easy for people to get overwhelmed and think they're in for a worse ride then they really are. The first time you feel any WD it feels pretty awful. It's just that you don't realize how much worse it can get.

When I first started I used a bunch of times before I ever got WDs. I used 10 days straight and then stopped. I had psychological cravings for sure and maybe felt a little down the first few days, but not much more than that.

Reading the internet regarding WDs isn't always a good thing for people who are newer to it. I mean knowledge is always a good thing and it's good to know what to expect, but I feel like it's easy for people to get overwhelmed and think they're in for a worse ride then they really are. The first time you feel any WD it feels pretty awful. It's just that you don't realize how much worse it can get.
EXACTLY. This is a good comment. When I didn't know what to expect from W/d's and I looked up symptoms it gave me such bad anxiety that it made the shit soooo much worse. You're gonna be a bit sick, that's for sure, but nothing like if you did this for 2 years in a row. Get ready for a few days of "the flu" ... but careful with the research. Your brain might make up symptoms and you could go looking for a fix.

Well I failed again. It's not been about 27 days straight, minus 2 days where I was strong enough to go the full day and night without doing any dope, and I'm doing some bags now. Feeling incredibly guilty and depressed. Won't even enjoy it. But so anxious and afraid of the WD's. I am all out of money now. I can't get any more D. I stocked up on Immodium AD and Xanax, I have them with me. I'm going to try to quit again starting the moment I finish these bags lol...I'm such a pathetic idiot. So foolish. So weak. I just made my withdrawals worse by doing it for an additional week...doing it for an additional week beceause of fear of the WD's...but I just made them worse by continiung to do it. Does this drug make you stupid? I mean It's taken away my soul and turned me into a fucking zombie who needs dope like blood in order to keep from being an anxious, stressed out mess, worrying about everything, racing thoughts, etc. I'm still only doing 5 bags. Have not exceeded 5 bags per day. So that's a positive I guess...and just snorting it, no shooting whatsoever.

I just feel like I can come here and vent...read responses, because you guys really make me feel better by responding, even conversing amongst yourselves, doesn't matter. I just feel less alone. The reason I started doing D is because I was so lonely and climbing the walls with depression and lack of motivation. I wont go into my life story. I'm a musician who is having writers block or not having inspiration to write new material and it's very frustrating...when I'm not writing music in my free time, I'm sitting on the computer accomplishing nothing in life, feeling bad for myself. And now I am doing dope to escape that shit. Hasn't helped my writing either. Well...tomorrow once again, I plan to wake up, take some Immodium (I did a lot of research and found that it really does help with WD's) and Xanax as soon as I start to get those hot flashes and feel really anxous...gonna try to make the Xanax last as long as possible, I only have 2 sticks...1 stick will knock me out all day. Any way to potentate Xanax or make it last longer? I also have klonopin. I've been eating nothing but fruit to compensate for the crap heroin I've put in my body and lack of appetite/nutrition. Ok I'm done. Wish me luck..I will be back soon to update on my status.

EXACTLY. This is a good comment. When I didn't know what to expect from W/d's and I looked up symptoms it gave me such bad anxiety that it made the shit soooo much worse. You're gonna be a bit sick, that's for sure, but nothing like if you did this for 2 years in a row. Get ready for a few days of "the flu" ... but careful with the research. Your brain might make up symptoms and you could go looking for a fix.
Yup that's what's happening, but hearing and communicating with pepole who have been through it makes me feel better...like we are in this together, or have at least been in it at seperate times, but nonetheless have gone through it or will go through it. We're tied together in that way. Maybe this experience will be inspiration for my music in the future. RIght now I have no motivation to do anything but feel better.

The thing that paid off for me was persistance, embryo923, even though I would relapse. Trying it over and over, tapering down when possible. Since you're in a big city you might be able to get in a cheap detox and go off via methadone taper over a two-wk period. I did this once and it worked pretty well when I had a big ass habit. Also forcing myself to go to AA or NA meetings seemed to uplift me and help with motivation. I've got lots of problems with 12-step programs, but they did help me by distracting me for 90 minutes at a time and by helping me to focus on short periods of staying off, as opposed to "I'm never gonna do this again in my entire life" which would stretch out bleakly and overwhelmingly ahead of me. Sending you love from one addict to another . . .

Well guess what! It's now turned into a 4 week (almost 1 month) binge, I only skipped 6 days in the month of September and now it's October 3rd. I didn't use at all yesterday, did 5 bags snorted the day before, the day before that did none, and all before that was basically everyday.
But today I am getting some Subutex FINALLY after my cheap drug addict friends refused to sell them to me unless I bought like 10 at a time for 80 bucks, which I couldn't afford...well I could if I stopped doing dope but I have to learn the hard way apparently.

Can anyone give me advice on how to go about using Subutex for a 1 month daily habit? How long will I need to use it and in what dosages?

Thank you for all the replies, I've been in a dark place and haven't come back to the forums in a while. But I'm on my 2nd day in a row clean now and getting some subutex hopefully within an hour, cos im def feeling WD's, just anxiety, depression, restlessness, unable to experience pleasure, but probably nothing compared to guys who have gone years shooting it.

Well guess what! It's now turned into a 4 week (almost 1 month) binge, I only skipped 6 days in the month of September and now it's October 3rd. I didn't use at all yesterday, did 5 bags snorted the day before, the day before that did none, and all before that was basically everyday.
But today I am getting some Subutex FINALLY after my cheap drug addict friends refused to sell them to me unless I bought like 10 at a time for 80 bucks, which I couldn't afford...well I could if I stopped doing dope but I have to learn the hard way apparently.

Can anyone give me advice on how to go about using Subutex for a 1 month daily habit? How long will I need to use it and in what dosages?

Thank you for all the replies, I've been in a dark place and haven't come back to the forums in a while. But I'm on my 2nd day in a row clean now and getting some subutex hopefully within an hour, cos im def feeling WD's, just anxiety, depression, restlessness, unable to experience pleasure, but probably nothing compared to guys who have gone years shooting it.

Hey embryo,

First off stay the fuck away from.the blues. That is like pure H uncut. Speaking from experience, I was on morphine, blues 30's, soma, gabapentin and xanax for 7 years. STOP RIGHT NOW! Don't go down this path, it is one cold and unrelenting motherfucker. Trust me and everyone else that had been there.

As for subutex, you have to go at least 20 hours without using before you start subutex. So deal with the shitty feeling for 20 hours, then it depends if you want to taper subutex or use it as maintenance.

To taper, start at 2mg for a week, like 1mg in the morning and the other before bed. Week 2, 1.5mg daily same as before, week 3 1mg repeat, week 4 .5, repeat. Then jump off. As subutex is synthetic the half life is crazy high like up to 80 hours or more it stays in your system. Whereas H or blues are out in 6-8 hours, thus the constant need.

You can do this embryo, you havent passed the red line yet. For your family, yourself and others that care commit to this. Before you start the subutex, remeber how shitty you feel, then take a moment, look outside, deep breath, see the beauty your missing. I lost 6 years, please don't be another victim of something you CAN CONTROL.

Make peace with yourself,

Bob

I have the little white pills with the 8 on one side and an arrow on the other. I just want to use these to get through the dope withdrawals and then never touch any of this shit again, including subs.