• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms (P. Cubensis) – First Time – Long report

Thanks for replies people, some informative experiences and comments there. I don't think I want to try the puke thing.. that sounds a bit fucked. ;)
And SimonMoon, sorry about your expereince.. wish everyone could enjoy hallucingens.

O M F G
OH MY FUYCKING GOD
this message board has gone to hell i cant believe u people this is suuuuuuuch bullshit!
Ur all fuckin dumb as fuck greenlighters. Fuckin research shit before u deside to post bullshit stuff up. A FUCKING OUNCE OF MUSHROOMS UR FIRST TIME?? riiiiiight. I dont think u realize how much
28 grams of any substance is, leta lone shrooms. An ounce, lol. I dont think u would have any conscious comprehendable thoughts or visions after eating an ounce, assuming ur stomach is pure iron and u dont puke it all up. An everyone replies like "wow hehe that sounds like fun im going to try it." Id love to see a bunch of first time shroomers all eat a damn ounce lol, actually no thatd be fuckd up.
apoligizes for the flames, but this shit is becoming ever more prevalent on this board.

The wood - you're talking out your ass. He said 28g of fresh mushrooms. That's about 2.8 dry.

damn wood....as soon as i read that first post i was going to say exactly what you did. UNLESS of course they were not dried...then I could see it, but 28 grams of dried shrooms would have given a very unpleasant trip. I highly doubt you'd ever want to trip again...

Hey, Splatt, don't be sorry about my experience. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Actually, that post was really sort of an experiment I conducted: to see if I could convey the overall other-ness of my trips in a way that wasn't too long-winded or that didn't condemn nor exalt the use of the Fungus Amongus. Think of it as one chapter of many.
I've used plenty of psychoactive substances since then, with no adverse effects. I tend to view the funny farm/jail thing as a necessary evil. I truly was capable of anything, and not all of my intentions were noble.
I remember every single thought, vision, and revelation as if it happened yesterday, and I know pure, unadulterated evil was as much a part of me as the holy. Paradox was my name, and duality was my game. If it hadn't been for the "down" time, there's no telling where I would've ended up. So, don't be sorry. I still love the ol' P. Azurescens, but, as Dr. Leary stresses, set and setting are the keys to enjoying, and learning from, the psychadelic experience. I always prepare myself these days...
And as The Wood says, paraphrased: know thy substance before laying your gray matter bare. Ask for a guide, in all humility, and you shall have one.

The Wood: visit the shroomery, it seems your a bit uneducated on mushrooms doses. They have a dose calculator.
/me slaps a greenlight on The Woods's forehead.
An fresh ounce would probably turn out around 5 grams dried. Drying probbaly looses potency too, well, heat-drying definately would.

SimonMoon: Okay understood :) It does sound like you learnt something from going there. But I'm still sorry you drank urine :) Hehe.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm back, and I tried mushrooms a couple weeks ago...I read your report over again and so many things sounded very familiar, especially when you said the voices you heard were echoing...that was the main characteristic of my trip, every word would be repeated..And with no movie on I would hear these soft "voices" talking quite fast, like saying gibberish, like "yes it is, no it's not,are you there, yeah it's there"...fucking strange. :)

the Wood: You were probably a "little bit" harsh when making your comments, but it raises a good point.....
People should be more specific when making posts like this..
Imagine someone reads this and goes out and eats an ounce of dried Shrooms first time!!!
It wouldn't be very smart to risk your life on someone elses trip report alone but I can see it happening - so well done The Wood for bringing attention to the fact.

BlueMonday: Hehe, yes its very strange and amazing. I want to experience it again now! ;)
belky21: Well if they saw the sentance which said an ounce they would of seen fresh wirrten in it too:
We measured out the doses, and all ended up with an ounce (28 grams) of fresh mushrooms each.
Someone that buys dried mushrooms isn't going to buy another 8 bags of them to have an ounce thinking theyre fresh mushrooms.

i luv this part ...

I noticed a yellow towel on the shower door, it fell as soon as I walked in the bathroom which kind of freaked me out. I picked it up, noticing it was actually a blue towel. I was in a complete mind fuck. I then went to hang the now red towel back where it was.

hehe sounds like you had some fun!

blinx

*bump*
24.gif

Re: Mushrooms (P. Cubensis) ? First Time ? Long report

Great report. A pleasure to read. It sounds a lot like some of my trips. It's a nice feeling, when you've come over the hard part, and you are able to socialize again and you can just have fun when your friends.

One thing actually "scares" me:

Splatt said:
But then I started thinking stuff like, what if we ate the wrong mushrooms, and I’m tripping so hardcore because I was dieing. I had visuals in my mind, of me in a hospital, with an oxygen mask on, unable to talk or move, with my parents looking down on me, looking sad. I thought about these kind of things, then thought, this is a drug, it’s fucking with me.

8o

On my first mushroom-trip I had almost the same thought. Me being hospitalized because of the shrooms, not being able to talk or move, but just looking up at my parents, who's dissapointedly looking down at me.

Re: Mushrooms (P. Cubensis) ? First Time ? Long report

Splatt said:
I think the experience did last for about 7 or 8 hours though, which is a bit more than the 4-6 quoted by most sites.

You still have mushroom trips that last 7-8 hours bub?
24.gif
24.gif

NICE!!! This brought me back...

The phone started ringing, and it was someone saying they are coming over with 2 other people (two of them I knew, one I didn’t).

See, that's when I'd be out the door....

The trees started doing what they were doing before, but this time they had a lot more weird nearly flannelette patterns. I was scared to go outside because I was sure the trees hated me, as I have probably harmed plants/trees in the past, and I was not sure what they are capable of.

Yep, I can relate for sure. I know about the trees too.

One thing though... what made you decide to eat wet mushrooms for your first time?

Meanie: 4-6 hours with afterglow :)

And no.. I don't touch mushrooms.. Maybe once every couple of years even though they're everywhere here.

four ;) You can't buy mushrooms in Australia (some herb shops sell "philosophers stones" for a stupid price to fool tourists. Even a dealer that sells everything from weed to acid to pills to coke etc.. They won't have mushrooms. Mushrooms pretty much grow Australia wide, so there's an edible trippable species in every state.

I guess there's just no demand for them to be sold dried. I've swapped 25 BIG mushrooms for a $25er (1.7 grams of hydroponic weed) before and I thought I got a good deal. So yeah, unless the user dries them himself for storage, then most people will be eating fresh mushies over here in Oz :)