View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the case of the antiviral drug ritonavir, not only was one polymorph virtually inactive compared to the alternative crystal form, but the inactive polymorph was subsequently found to convert the active polymorph into the inactive form on contact, due to its lower energy and greater stability making spontaneous interconversion energetically favourable. Even a speck of the lower energy polymorph could convert large stockpiles of ritonivir into the medically useless inactive polymorph, and this caused major issues with production which ultimately were only solved by reformulating the medicine into gelcaps and tablets, rather than the original capsules."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_(materials_science)

Yeah, I wouldnt have totally agreed with Asante for years until i read what Doldrugs just posted.

I really hope someone with advanced chem knowledge can clear this up.

No one is preaching anything, there just happen to be articles that explain polymorphic differences quite directly, and i'm definitely feeling a bit confused.

Last edited:
There is a vibrational component here to consider when studying the differences between different MXE batches. Look at the science of cymatics to get a good picture of it-different crystalline structures have different resonant frequencies, and even after those structures are broken down into individual MXE molecules, the individual molecules still retain at least a component of residual vibrational character. Polymorphism aside, even if it is just impurities, the impurities may also influence the vibrational characteristics of the MXE. It is a real phenomena with observable effects as Doldrugs just exemplified with ritonavir.

To me it's all over thinking a, but I've never cared to argue about nonsensical things that make no real differences. I had MXE from a thousand different sources in quite large amounts. It is one of the most water souble chemicals I've encountered except for some michallenous items and some psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.