View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah people have been saying that, I usually take it after I'm established into the psychedelic, or at the same time, I'll have to try it.
I would too, but then I tried it when I had a bunch of MXE around, and it really is cool. I definitely suggest trying it!

Well its good to know that my semi-regular use of 3-meo-pcp the past 10 days hasn't messed up my ability to appreciate MXE, cause It's in me now and I'm about to burst with love all over the place on a normal tolerant dose (about 40mg). All Hail This Sacred Compound.

daily user of arylcyclohexylamine
i.v. mxe usage daily in 200mg dosages - barely catch the buzz.

not capable of holing.. been using since the good uk
have multiple proper sources and polymorphs.

tolerance does not go away at this point, and am mentally addicted to the sole thought of use.
but nothing more

respect this magic, and don't go chasing holes deeper than they go and show

I haven't actually tried MXE yet but after reading this interview with the guy who created it I'm going to get some. It sounds like an all around great recreational drug. It apparently doesn't have the negatives of PCP or ketamine and has antidepressant effects. Sounds like good medicine.

Last edited:
Yeah that guy is/was a Bluelighter, used to be a PD mod for a long time, I modded with him for quite some time in fact (also he modded ADD back when it was called that, for even longer). I remember when he posted his report on his first experience with it, I was like, man, you invented that? Sounds awesome! :)

Yeah regular abuse of dissociatives will produce a perma-tolerance and it will take a long time of abstinence before even large doses provide any sort of the magic you used to feel.

Yeah that guy is/was a Bluelighter, used to be a PD mod for a long time, I modded with him for quite some time in fact (also he modded ADD back when it was called that, for even longer). I remember when he posted his report on his first experience with it, I was like, man, you invented that? Sounds awesome! :)

Yeah regular abuse of dissociatives will produce a perma-tolerance and it will take a long time of abstinence before even large doses provide any sort of the magic you used to feel.

So infrequent use is the way to go then, like maybe just on the weekends and not in high doses. Is MXE sedating at all? If so, I was thinking it might be good to take the edge off the lingering effects of DOC. Have you ever tried them together?

2 grams hopefully coming my way as long as it makes it through customs 2 g of mxe 2 g mdpv and 130mg 6adpb should be a fun week or two ahead goign to stash 1 g each and do the 6adpb to see what the fuss is all about

So infrequent use is the way to go then, like maybe just on the weekends and not in high doses. Is MXE sedating at all? If so, I was thinking it might be good to take the edge off the lingering effects of DOC. Have you ever tried them together?
I find it sedating only during the initial and peak effects. When I start to come down, it leaves me a bit stimulated and I usually have racing, positive thoughts; however, I only use it nasally, and so others who dose orally might actually have more acurate statements on its sedating properties.

I can say that it produces a very pleasant anesthesia effect, which makes it very very blissful to just lay on the floor and think about life. It helps you to look at things more objectively without negative or sad thoughts taking over. It often makes me want to talk A LOT, but I find that on higher doses my mouth can't articulate words without me struggling to push them out.

I usually enjoy MXE most on it's own, but adding some pot can really kick it up a notch. Lower doses can be used to take the edge off psychedelic come-ups as others have mentioned.

MXE is truly a unique and powerful substance, that is both very therapeutic and very recreational, wrapped into one lovely powder that is very easy to handle even on weeknights (but I'd try to avoid that, it can become a habit).

I do not find MXE to be sedating until I get to higher dosage levels with it, or take it rectally... oral dosages of 25-30mg in 45 minute intervals will neither stimulate nor sedate me, it will just simply bring me to MXE world. I often find myself wanting to balance on things and spin or rotate my body in certain ways. Interesting, it seems to be able to make me jump higher and use more strength as well. This stops after about 50mg and I start to get uncoordinated and more sedated.

And yeah, I recommend MXE a maximum of once per week. I did it 3 days in a row (a long weekend) recently and afterwards I felt pretty fried. Of course I did a bunch of other drugs too. Other than that I have never done it more than once a week.

I love the combination of MXE on top of DOC, I have only tried it at the tail end of DOC but it seems to maintain the mental effects of MXE, while leaving me more in touch with my body and my surroundings. One time on DOC and 75mg of MXE I cooked a complicated dinner from scratch while wondering how I was accomplishing it, and it was really good (as confirmed by sober friends). I require a higher dose of MXE while on DOC. Great combo though. It does make me feel less stimulated from it but I don't really have an overstimulation problem from DOC to begin with.

I find it sedating only during the initial and peak effects. When I start to come down, it leaves me a bit stimulated and I usually have racing, positive thoughts; however, I only use it nasally, and so others who dose orally might actually have more acurate statements on its sedating properties.

I can say that it produces a very pleasant anesthesia effect, which makes it very very blissful to just lay on the floor and think about life. It helps you to look at things more objectively without negative or sad thoughts taking over. It often makes me want to talk A LOT, but I find that on higher doses my mouth can't articulate words without me struggling to push them out.

I usually enjoy MXE most on it's own, but adding some pot can really kick it up a notch. Lower doses can be used to take the edge off psychedelic come-ups as others have mentioned.

MXE is truly a unique and powerful substance, that is both very therapeutic and very recreational, wrapped into one lovely powder that is very easy to handle even on weeknights (but I'd try to avoid that, it can become a habit).

So it's actually better at the start of a psych trip than to knock you down at the end of it. I guess something like etazolam would be better for that. Thanks for the info.

I do not find MXE to be sedating until I get to higher dosage levels with it, or take it rectally... oral dosages of 25-30mg in 45 minute intervals will neither stimulate nor sedate me, it will just simply bring me to MXE world. I often find myself wanting to balance on things and spin or rotate my body in certain ways. Interesting, it seems to be able to make me jump higher and use more strength as well. This stops after about 50mg and I start to get uncoordinated and more sedated.

And yeah, I recommend MXE a maximum of once per week. I did it 3 days in a row (a long weekend) recently and afterwards I felt pretty fried. Of course I did a bunch of other drugs too. Other than that I have never done it more than once a week.

I love the combination of MXE on top of DOC, I have only tried it at the tail end of DOC but it seems to maintain the mental effects of MXE, while leaving me more in touch with my body and my surroundings. One time on DOC and 75mg of MXE I cooked a complicated dinner from scratch while wondering how I was accomplishing it, and it was really good (as confirmed by sober friends). I require a higher dose of MXE while on DOC. Great combo though. It does make me feel less stimulated from it but I don't really have an overstimulation problem from DOC to begin with.

Thanks, Xorkoth, or should I say Dr. DOC?

Yeah MXE will make you trip again if taken at the end of a trip, it's not sedating like K. I like to do it though, when I still want to trip and it's winding down. I hear it's good to take before psychedelics too to ease into them but I haven't tried that.

It's also great by itself as its own trip. IMO it's more psychedelic than K... it's certainly more than double the duration as well.

Marijuana can REALLY potentiate it, to the point of being too much. I am careful with marijuana on MXE, I'll take one hit and wait a while before another. Once I put myself into a pretty intense and difficult to handle kind of place by smoking a whole bowl with friends.

Definitely treat pot with more caution than usual while using MXE; it can really change the character of the experience. The headspace can become one that is fraught with confusion. Tread lightly until you are accustomed to the combination.

I'm on the same page as 240sxLover with regards to MXE alone being somewhat sedating during the come up and peak but leaving me stimulated and hypomanic towards the end of the experience. It's rather inconvenient because my preferred setting for large doses of dissociatives is late in the night at home, making sleep difficult. Recently, though, I'm finding that moderate doses in the late afternoon or early evening can still allow me to get to sleep at a reasonable hour and leave me with a bit of a positive mood lift the following the day.

I love adding MXE to the end of a more traditional psychedelic trip because it seems to make the closed eye imagery more vivid and colorful than MXE on its own, but in my experience this tends to lead to large doses that overpower the psychedelic experience (even my favorite, the ever-relentless DOC). It used to make me long for the glorious potentiation of LSD come downs with moderate doses of DXM, but I've come to appreciate it for what it is (specifically that it is much more gentle on the body and considerably less psychotic). DXM after LSD always left me melting into my bed, filled with wonder and awe as rolling blankets of geometric fluorescence sent my dissolving consciousness hurtling through interplanetary cityscapes populated by various benevolent supernatural entities. With MXE and DOC, I invariably find myself languishing amongst ethereal clouds of being and nothingness with the fantastically detailed nude silhouette of some attractive young thing in my life while my heart and soul are filled with the eternal love I feel for her that exists only in that moment. For me, the dissociation of an MXE experience is surprisingly filled with empathy and a paradoxically asexual erotic desire. As always, your mileage may vary.

I have yet to experiment with front-loading an MXE experience before a psychedelic trip, although the logic of a low dose for this purpose seems sound (at least as sound as the logic behind any recreational drug taking). I'm increasingly curious if this technique would afford some protection from the debilitating paranoia I am overcome with during the come up from 4-AcO-DMT. I will try to remember to document my success or failure in this arena, as circumstance suggests that such an experiment grows ever more imminent.

Last edited:
Weird, I've never once had MXE overpower DOC, even at the end, and I have taken up to 100mg with it (in staggered doses). It will overpower most things though but DOC just has the most staying power of anything I've tried. I mean I get very MXE-ified, but the DOC remains intact as well.

Definitely treat pot with more caution than usual while using MXE; it can really change the character of the experience. The headspace can become one that is fraught with confusion. Tread lightly until you are accustomed to the combination.
Thanks for emphasizing this again because it is important for people to be aware of. Daily users can handle it better, but it is easy for someone to do some MXE and then not thinking, smoke a bowl with friends and then proceed to be floored by the unexpected intensity of the combination.

I had quite an overpowered experience myself yesterday. I thought my tolerance was higher than it was, turns out the cross tolerance between MXE and 3-meo-pcp isn't as powerful as I expected. So I ended up doing too large a dose (hadnt done MXE in almost 2 weeks) and I lost control of myself. I felt like I was inhabited by a manevolent spirit that wanted to kill me. It took everything in my power to not let that happen but it was easily in my top 3 most fucked up dissociated experiences. Glad I'm OK today and have learned yet another lesson about this stuff.

Thanks for emphasizing this again because it is important for people to be aware of. Daily users can handle it better, but it is easy for someone to do some MXE and then not thinking, smoke a bowl with friends and then proceed to be floored by the unexpected intensity of the combination.

I had quite an overpowered experience myself yesterday. I thought my tolerance was higher than it was, turns out the cross tolerance between MXE and 3-meo-pcp isn't as powerful as I expected. So I ended up doing too large a dose (hadnt done MXE in almost 2 weeks) and I lost control of myself. I felt like I was inhabited by a manevolent spirit that wanted to kill me. It took everything in my power to not let that happen but it was easily in my top 3 most fucked up dissociated experiences. Glad I'm OK today and have learned yet another lesson about this stuff.
Just curious how much did you dose? If it was measured, or are you accustomed to eyeballing?

mxe: the drug of this decade imo. i want a mxe tattoo when i get home. btw, interesting article, i am going re read it. also, the interviewer is on bl, hamilton morris.

If there is anyone that has working knowledge of the whole MXE polymorph/stereochemistry subject (whatever it is that creates the different effects between different batches) pls send me a message. We really need to get a clear understanding of the different forms and their different effects, and it would be a benefit to the community to have this understanding.

has anyone had this when vaping it that your taking the blood of Christ its strange i get a little voice telling me that and it looks like blood to that's normally the start of a bad trip or a very intense one

has anyone had this when vaping it that your taking the blood of Christ its strange i get a little voice telling me that and it looks like blood to that's normally the start of a bad trip or a very intense one
I don't even know what to say to this...guys how much mxe are you doing? First vortech is talking about a possible malevolent spirit attack and now this...sheesh you are making me question whether I should even bother getting a new batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.