View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the DXM and MXE combo worked out great again! I ingested 100mg of DXM and another 100mg 30 mins later, mostly to prolong come up and overall duration. With the second dose of DXM I also ingested 15-20mg of MXE (20mg MXE was ingested earlier that day as well but had mostly worn off). About an hour later I ate another small dose of MXE. 2 hours into it I was starting to feel pretty dissociated and got a bit stressed out deciding what I should do. I eventually decided it was best to do nothing and just went to lay down on my mattress. Music had been on in the background and I spent a good amount of time lying there on my belly looking out the window observing the thoughts running through my mind. Can't recall anything specific but many themes popped up in my mind including my girlfriend, family and drug use. Thoughts were positive and negative but did not really impact me much emotionally.

I went in between lying on the floor and getting up to dance on the couch for a bit or change the music. My mind was pretty scrambled for a few hours but compared to MXE or DXM alone I felt a lot more "clear", although as per usual I can not really recall specific thoughts or anything in detail. Although my mind felt clear, I also remember thinking I was very messed up and had a hard time figuring out which drugs was doing what to me. Urge to robowalk was kind of there but it was easier to walk somewhat normally :p. A few hours into it the dissociation was less intense but I remained a bit of a mess for several more hours. As it was wearing off I drank a few beers and smoked small amounts of cannabis, as felt appropriate at the moment. Dissos + cannabis can quickly become too intense and unpleasant, but careful dosing goes a long way. I went outside at some point as well and walked around by the highway stopping occasionally to look at the cars, this is something I frequently find myself doing when under the influence of dissociatives. Something about fast moving cars is strangely mesmerizing in this state. The sound that comes out of them feels very powerful as well.

When I got back home I was almost back to baseline and snorted a small line of MXE to see if it would bring me up a bit more. It didn't cause any dissociation, but instead seemed to focus my mind more and brought on that manic/stimmy afterflow you get towards the tail end of MXE. I chatted online a bit and ended the night drinking a few more beers and smoking cigarettes.

EDIT: I forgot to add. During the peak bit of the trip it was relatively easy to slip into a hole like state when closing my eyes and focusing my attention inward. I call it hole like, in that you get sensation of turning and twisting as well as limbs segregating from the body but I remained fully aware of where I actually was. Something about this combo seems to reduce the "depth" of the hole, so it might not be interesting to those trying to achieve that. I find it more fun and entertaining than either substance alone for quiet pondering and exploring the dissociated state more by doing things... The longer duration of DXM is particularly useful for this, the MXE adds a bit of stimulation and magic to the high that makes for a more interesting state than the dry and mechanical DXM mindspace.

Last edited:
I really do understand why so many people write this drug off as a mere curiosity never to revisit. Every time I take a break of over a week (which seems to bring my tolerance back to my baseline) when I come back to it, I just don't have the greatest experience with it the first day. Its wonderful at first, nice feeling and dissociation, it works, but for some reason I never really go anywhere with it. If that's how the majority of people use this drug (dose one evening and then dont use it again for awhile), no wonder it gets mixed reviews. Its always shallow feeling and difficult to manage on the first day. Such a strange chemical!!!

Weird, my best experiences are always when I have taken a break, if I take it even like twice in 3 or 4 days the second one is definitely less magical.

What are the safety concerns with this drug? I've done a lot of reading and it seems quite safe, but I'm worried I'm missing something.

There seems to be a very slight risk for bladder and kidney damage, similar to ketamine, but you'd have to abuse this one a lot heavier to get to that stage. Other than that its possible to have bad trips on this, which are very unpleasant to say the least. As with any RC the risks are largely unknown, all we can do is speculate!

But yeah, day 2, my body/mind have adjusted to it and all the energies are aligned, it fels like a revelation. the next couple days are going to be 100% magic!

Any more recent reports on 4-FA and mxe mixed or dosed in the same day but not at the same time? I have read a sketchy report for Xoroth on it that it was bad. But mxe mixes great with mdma and amphetamine (at least for me, and most others I've heard)....so I don't understand why 4-FA would be a problem. and note: whene I do mxe it is slightly above threshold effects. I do not take dosaes that make me hole/or become so fucked up I can't talk etc. I take low doses in the 20 mg or less range

I have no desire to do these drugs at the same time.....I just like both of them individually, so i could se a situation happening where I take one and then later the same day (after I come down from it) take the other one.....or take one and then the other the next day....etc.

^Haha you saw my post on the MXE combinations thread, I did call it, and the last couple days were 100% magic!

Any more recent reports on 4-FA and mxe mixed or dosed in the same day but not at the same time? I have read a sketchy report for Xoroth on it that it was bad. But mxe mixes great with mdma and amphetamine (at least for me, and most others I've heard)....so I don't understand why 4-FA would be a problem. and note: whene I do mxe it is slightly above threshold effects. I do not take dosaes that make me hole/or become so fucked up I can't talk etc. I take low doses in the 20 mg or less range

I have no desire to do these drugs at the same time.....I just like both of them individually, so i could se a situation happening where I take one and then later the same day (after I come down from it) take the other one.....or take one and then the other the next day....etc.

I find that little bumps of MXE a few hours into a 4-FA high work very well! It feels quite similar to ket and MDMA/MXE and MDMA really... I haven't done it in ages though, but plan on doing exactly that combo at the halloween psytrance night I'm going to =D

Hey, vortech, you wrote in bk-2c-b thread:

I ended up taking about 100 mg throughout the day in many ~20 mg doses every few hours.

What you ROA of MXE? And is your ~20 mg dose low on purpose or is it normal for you? I am asking because in the past I usually used to use 50 mg IM and found it perfectly fits my taste and expectation (I never explored low doses after had found my sweet point), but recently I tried 50 mg oral and it was OK too.
I thought it is good idea to try lower doses but it would be nice to hear if anyone can answer which benefits exactly has low doses of MXE.

What are the safety concerns with this drug? I've done a lot of reading and it seems quite safe, but I'm worried I'm missing something.

Few years ago there was time when used MXE daily (every 2 hours 50mg IM after awakening - 5-7 times in a day) for 2 weeks.
After that I didn't notice any psychological* or physical harm except of one gastric issue right after marathon ended - but I think MXE was not a cause itself. Cause was that MXE muted hunger and I ate probably only once per day (but drank a lot of cacao milk).

*moreover actually MXE helped me to stop smoking for a while.

Last edited:
I sublingualed a generous dose of MXE about an hour after having taken 50mg 3Fluorophenmetrazine, feeeling chatty from the stim, and quite disssossiated at the same time, its a pleasant feeeling music is enhanced very much!!

Hey, vortech, you wrote in bk-2c-b thread:

What you ROA of MXE? And is your ~20 mg dose low on purpose or is it normal for you? I am asking because in the past I usually used to use 50 mg IM and found it perfectly fits my taste and expectation (I never explored low doses after had found my sweet point), but recently I tried 50 mg oral and it was OK too.
I thought it is good idea to try lower doses but it would be nice to hear if anyone can answer which benefits exactly has low doses of MXE.

Few years ago there was time when used MXE daily (every 2 hours 50mg IM after awakening - 6-7 times in a day) for 2 weeks.
After that I didn't notice any psychological or physical harm* except of one gastric issue right after marathon ended - but I think MXE was not a cause itself. Cause was that MXE muted hunger and I ate probably only once per day (but drank a lot of cacao milk).

*moreover actually MXE helped me to stop smoking for a while.

Sublingual or oral usually. In this case i was doing lower doses as a supplement to the bk-2c-b, not wanting to overpower or over potentiate it. When using MXE by itself as a trip I use larger doses, but these days I usually prefer the effects of MXE more as a functional enhancer much like you did when you used it on your daily marathon, so I keep the doses moderate but somewhat consistent.

I have decided it was probably an idiosyncratic reaction, or perhaps simply because I took too much 4-FA and I would have felt shitty from that anyway. Still I won't combine them again, but I love combining MXE and MDMA or methylone.

Anybody here combine LSD and MXE? I've been interested in this combination for some time.

Yes, well I combined it with LSD and MDMA. It was nice but I had taken too high a dose of MDMA which made me feel very scattered and only halfway present (it was better with LSD by itself). The MXE added a nice element but I feel like I didn't get a chance to fully experience the combination.

Anybody here combine LSD and MXE? I've been interested in this combination for some time.

Low dose LSD (~100ug) + periodic bumps of MXE is excellent in my experience. I'd say it's a much more "malleable" trip, if that makes sense. It's like you're aware of the full realm of effects of both chemicals but have a degree of control over what to bring into focus. I don't typically get visuals from that low of an LSD dose, but I've witnessed my entire apartment transform into these bizarre yet oddly comforting and traversable settings when combined with MXE. There was one night I threw a very small amount of 5-MeO-MiPT in the mix that had me literally rolling on the floor laughing from not being able to recognize anything in front of me and being totally content with that fact.

Be extra careful with the MXE dose, though, especially if you don't have a tolerance and/or are tripping solo. There were a few times I did this combination alone at home and redosed the MXE too early, either thinking the effects were wearing off or that I hadn't taken enough in the first place and things got a bit out of control for a while. It never lead to me doing anything particularly dangerous, but the increased confusion, delusional thoughts, and small bouts of amnesia definitely signified A potential for destruction. I'd recommend weighing the MXE out beforehand, definitely not the time to pour out a pile and eyeball.

I have decided it was probably an idiosyncratic reaction, or perhaps simply because I took too much 4-FA and I would have felt shitty from that anyway. Still I won't combine them again, but I love combining MXE and MDMA or methylone.

I recently took a dose of MXE a few hours after dosing 2-FMA and it was very nice. It should be safer than 4-fa because of little to no serotonin activity compared to 4-fa which is quite serotonergic during the first few hours as I understand it.

I find that MXE combines incredibly well with every psychedelic I've tried it with. I wouldn't go too high on it, just stick to low to moderate doses of MXE with normal doses of psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.