• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc silicone oil in syringes?

RedHandedDenial

Bluelighter
I have noticed with these new ulticare ultithin syringes i bought when i backload my stuff into there and look at the tip where the liquid drop slides down to when it hits the rest of the liquid i notice this strange look in the liquid, just like when u put a drop of water in oil or vice versa.. well i just read up on these and it says some syringes have silicone oil coating in the barrel? Wtf?? That cant be good for ur veins right? Should i trash these and.buy new ones? Since ive started using these ive also noticed small itchy areas that develop a lump upon itching that are not misses or anywhere close to the injection site and im kinda worried about it.

You're the one with them in front of you so you tell us whether sterility has been compromised. Are you using an opiate? That could explain the welts. Ive never noticed what youve described sorry.

What is the brand?

Sterility has not been compromised from me.. im inquiring as to the silicone lining and it is in all syringes or what.... just like i said in the post u know.. i know that the metal tip is coated with lube but that is not what im talking about im saying the actual barrel is what i read the silicone is on... the brand is ulticare ultithin... like, u know, i said in the post man....

What you read is right. There shouldnt be anything coating the needle. A needle tip pierces and glides. Like uh the uh lube acting between the plunger and barrel.

I just notice the water in the syringe has a swirly look to it like when oil mixes with water. Was kinda worried about it so i googled and it said sone have a silicone coating inside the barrel

What you read is right. There shouldnt be anything coating the needle. A needle tip pierces and glides. Like uh the uh lube acting between the plunger and barrel.

The needle in some syringes are coated to let it slide in easier.

Silicon is fine, your body knows what to do with it.

Silicon is in cucumbers. Good for the skin ;)

And i noticed a distinct differebt taste from easytouch, relion, and monoject syringes when i just suck up plain water andput it in my mouth. It tastes nasty, never tasted that from other syringes

The needle in some syringes are coated to let it slide in easier.

Silicon is fine, your body knows what to do with it.

Silicon is in cucumbers. Good for the skin ;)

Really? I only ever use Terumo syringes.

Last edited:
Really? I only ever use Terumo syringes.

I just can't see any advantages to this and it only complicating prep. Its a syringe afterall...
Silicon deposits throug.the cardiovascular system seem a fine way to contract silicosis
So no its not fine at all. Its nothing alike to that of eating a cucumber.

Truth.

So from what I remember the tip is coated with a hormone disrupter, like BPA or that crap in hair and beauty products. The barrel oil doesn't seem to be on the loaded end in significant quantities that harm could be had.

I'm very dedicated to doing things the right, way, as safe as possible. and using a new needle every time seems like the best way to keep the oil from slipping back and forth into the barrel, if it even does.

Must check facts tmrw.

Good night.

Update: i have noticed when i clean the syringe out with alcohol it seems to lessen the oily look inside... but its still there. Also the alcohol cleaning lessens the nasty taste and smell... i try to backload the alcohol into the syringe and shake it around then dump it ot the back of the syringe, bc as im sure we all know alcohol on the needle completely destroys the lube coating and it wont go in as smoothly... i cant.believe they would even put silicone oil in a fucking hypodermic syringe knowing junkies use them... is it like, they want us to.get silicosis of the lungs and die?? Hmm, apparently... whatever. All i know.is.i will never buy this fucking gayass brand again, im sticking with easy touch from now on i REALLY liked.those

Im really afraid the oil is making its way to my lungs, bc ive noticed a heaviness in my chest as well as the itchy spots on my skin

Silicone oil doesn't cause silicosis. It's inert. Not modified by the body. That's why it's used so much. Don't confuse it with silicates or silicon or silica, silicone oil is a liquid polymethylated siloxane that doesn't react with shit. It's probably there to lubricate the plunger. Some brands apparently lubricate the barrel and plunger with silicone.

There is silicone oil in McDonalds fryer oil but people don't die from that. You just excrete it.

My advice is to go buy some non-oiled syringes if it bothers you.

Yea im aware there is all kinds of nasty shit in prepared food but its a little different (actually A LOT different) when ingesting it vs. injecting it into ur bloodstream. When u ingest it not all of it makes its way to ur blood stream... duh.

But ur response does make me feel better i guess.... but just cuz its inert doesnt mean it cant deposit places right?

Silicone oil doesn't cause silicosis. It's inert. Not modified by the body. That's why it's used so much. Don't confuse it with silicates or silicon or silica, silicone oil is a liquid polymethylated siloxane that doesn't react with shit. It's probably there to lubricate the plunger. Some brands apparently lubricate the barrel and plunger with silicone.

There is silicone oil in McDonalds fryer oil but people don't die from that. You just excrete it.

My advice is to go buy some non-oiled syringes if it bothers you.
Thanks for correcting my stupid mistake. Obviously didn't put in enough research nor reading on this. Again, appreciate the correction; and I learnt something new from it :)

I think I may have had it confused with silicates/silica as you suggested.

Haha nope, not truth at all so ignore what I wrote as sekio corrected me!

Last edited: