• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Question about bupe potency

Stotched

Bluelighter
Hey all. My friend has been using oxycodone 40-60 mg, 1-3x per day, depending on supply,for about 6 months now. He always uses a minimum of 40mg though. He says the cost is too high, and wants to get off, however has gone through WD once before and doesn't think he can handle it.

I am prescribed the 16mg bupe strips, and want to help him, and will sell a few of them to him. Now, he says he is serious about getting clean, and doesn't want to get high, only want to taper off fast. From what I've read online, 1mg of bupe is equal to about 28mg of oxycodone. We both believe this is a good starting point, as it's enough to get him well, but not enough to feel any kind of euphoria.

Do you think 1mg is too much? He's a manager at a retail store, and needs to still be functional, so we don't want him to take too much and nod or anything. Also, since I'm on the 16mg strips, we're going to have to break it into insanely small pieces, and we're worried that we might give him too much. Is there a way to accurately see how big the pieces should be to make it 1mg?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I'd do 1mg 2x day for a week and then drop it to 1mg 1x day after that and then continue from there.

Just fold the strip in half, cut along the line that forms after pressing on the crease of the fold it makes 2x 8mg strips, fold in half again and cut on the line and have 2x 4mg strips. Again the long way and have 2mg strips.. tell him to cut a 2mg in half each day and take half in the AM and half in the PM.. shouldn't be too hard to figure out from there.

If you give him two strips and end up doing what i said for dose wise, that'd be about a months worth for him.

Good luck to your friend.

-HOOD

Thanks for the advice hood! I didn't even think of that, I was just gonna cut little pieces off and eyeball it. That could have gone terribly wrong for him. Thanks for the advice! Also, I don't want to advise him something I shouldn't, so how long after using oxycodone should he take the subs. the second he feels withdrawal? He has also been using kratom for about 2 years daily now in high doses. He started using oxy with kratom as the kratom lost it's efficiancy. Will he go into precipitated withdrawal if he takes his morning kratom dose before I can get him the subs, or should he tough it out?

I went straight from heroin to getting prescribed my 16mg twice per day, so I have no idea what to do with someone with a moderate tolerance like himself.

Thanks alot!

Well, the more in wds he is by the time he takes the sub 1- the safer it is to avoid precip wds and 2- he might catch a little buzz off the sub if he is really sick and say damn, i wanna stick to this plan for sure.
I'd avoid the kratom.

I would say tough it out no matter how horrid the wds are, tell him they will be over a little while after he doses the sub.
I know he'll be watching the clock sick and minutes will feel like hours for him but it's only until you get them to him. If I were you i would tell him you will be there an hour later than you plan on being there and when you show up early to him he will be so f'n thankful you're there early that he may forget all about the waiting time he endured and feel some relief just seeing you show up lol.
This is just my opinion of course but if i was going to be doing this for a friend of mine (im not on bupe anymore but was for 2.5yrs) that's how i would go about helping them.

Any more questions just post em up, ill be on and off all night.. of course others can chime in too.

When are you planning on starting this?

-HOOD

My very first time i took about 1/3 of a strip, i had a VERY high opiate tolerance at the time, and i got to feelin VERY good. The good thing about bupe is it doesnt really make u fucked up... u will never get so trashed that u dont know what youre doing u just might get tired and curl up in a ball in the corner and pass out

HOOD - I plan on getting them to him tomorrow around 4 pm eastern time. I get my subs first of the month, but due to labor day I will be getting them tomorrow around 3 pm. I actually had to get a front on subs from someone else that goes to the same doctor as me, because I took too many, and didn't plan for labor day. He took his last dose of both kratom and oxy at 6pm as far as I know, and I told him to not take anything else until I get there tomorrow. That will be 22 hours off both oxy and kratom. Due to the extremely short half life of both, I'm sure he will be good and sick by the time I get there, assuming he doesn't cave.

We have been friends since childhood, and we're both in our late 20s now. I got into heroin back when I was 21, and he just now recently got into opiates. He is a manager at a certain "parcel delivery service", and due to the physical intensity of the job, he started self medicating for pain with them. I'm willing to help him get off before he becomes a full blown junkie like I was. It took me 4 years to even be able to switch from dope to bupe, and I would not like to see a friend go through the same pain I did. Especially when he has so much more to lose than me.

Yeah he'll most likely be pretty sick at that point.
Hope he has the day off of work or something. If not, tell him to not dose any oxy but if needed take kratom no later than between 4-6AM as his last dose before subs.
He should be in the clear by 12 hours of taking kratom.
BUT- If he DOES have the day off, i'd advice him to just allow himself to get into pretty bad wds, he'll be glad he did when he finds relief from the sub.
You're a good friend for helping him out before it gets outta control.. it seems to happen to too many people.
I'm glad he'd making a choice to get clean, or at least switch to subs for a while. Plus he'll be saving the money he was using on oxys and kratom.