• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Confused as to why 30mgs of hydrocodone didn't work?

SamTheWise

Greenlighter
I recently acquired 12 10/325mg hydrocodone pills. I've taken hydro a few times before and loved it but I've only taken the 5/325mgs. I always get super nauseas the next day to where I either puke or feel like I'm going to for the rest of the day. I've been taking codeine pills for a few days and it has no effect on me anymore except nausea and I stopped taking them the day before yesterday. Me and my friend both took 2 diphenhydramine each 30 minutes before taking the hydro, which we took 2 each(20mgs). We also ate two tums tablets each shortly after taking the hydro. We didn't really feel much for hours, at least not what we typically feel at 20mgs. We just felt drowsy (from the benadryl, I assume). We re-dosed and took another pill each which means we're up to 30mgs. I felt slightly warm and comfortable like I always do but she said she felt weird - keep in mind she's only done hydro one other time and she way over did it and had a panic attack.

For the rest of the night we didn't feel much. Slight tingle and warmth radiating and was definitely breathing shallower but that was it. We were both royally disappointed. Any ideas on why it didn't work? Tried searching why nothing happened but didn't get much results. Help would be greatly appreciated.

no telling. sometimes I feel great with 10mgs and other times I have experiences like yours. try not taking the benadryl next time.

Took 30mgs of Hydrocodone at 9:20pm and it's now 10:26pm and I'm not feeling anything but slightly nauseas. I didn't take the tums or diphenhydramine this time as I thought maybe it was effecting it. Did I get a bad batch, maybe? Or maybe they're expired and therefor lost their potency? Could they lose that much potency? This is a huge bummer for my nights, man. Any tips or ideas? I'm super confused.

The benadryl is not the problem. Diphenhydramine potentates opiates and usually helps with the nausea a little bit. You could have developed a bit of tolerance. Really, there's know way to know what wrong. Hydrocodone is also a pretty weak opiate, so maybe try stepping up if you think you can handle it and you feel safe with using a stronger opiate.

If you've been taking codeine or other opioids then you can expect your tolerance to have gone up.

That is, the more you do opioids, the less you can expect the experiences to be totally magical anymore.

Hydrocodone won't go bad or expire, and it's doubtful it's a "bad batch". This sounds like typical opioid tolerance effects. And as others have said 20mg of hydrocodone isn't a lot at all.

It's just that my friend who has no opiate tolerance did 30mg with me and felt nothing. But I'll give it a week and see if maybe it's my tolerance. Thanks for the help, guys!

Did you have a full of stomach? Are you positive the pills were the dose you mentioned?

No we hadn't eaten for around 5 hours when we took it and yes, they're yellow and have Watson 853 imprinted on them.

Different people can have different baseline tolerances to opioids, it depends on body fat and personal metabolism. Some people need up to 30mg oxycodone to "feel it" even if they are naive, so don't be surprised if some people find 30mg hydrocodone to be mild at best.

What's confusing me is that I've taken 10mgs and felt amazing before. I've taken 20 & felt like I was flying high, so shouldn't 30mgs make me feel even better? It's my first time taking this brand, though so maybe they're made differently? Idk.