• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

fears about my mother

O

Oxmorficedine

Is it possible to tell when someone is high or comprised when all u ever known them as fine. I never new that my mom was on ice morphine OxyContin and codeine contin she always works eats makes dinner on schedule and I never see her impaired .So can people take drugs and be fine?

yes. self-sufficient drug users and even addicts are extremely prevalent. more so is the stimulant community in the us and asia. people become extremely dependent on amphetamines in order to cope with long hour shifts and labor intensive work.

anonymous -> drug culture

Is it possible to tell when someone is high or comprised when all u ever known them as fine. I never new that my mom was on ice morphine OxyContin and codeine contin she always works eats makes dinner on schedule and I never see her impaired .So can people take drugs and be fine?

I am so sorry you have to worry about your mom. It's her job to worry about you, not the other way around. Now, if she is indeed an addict, she sounds like a highly functional one, (most of us are, despite what is shown on TV and the movies.) However, if something is pinging your worry meter, it might not be a bad idea to have an honest conversation with her. Having a talk might give you a better idea of where she stands, and perhaps, some peace of mind to go along with that.

Worrying about a parent just really sucks, and I wish all the best for her...and for you.

She can take drugs and be fine its only when she stops taking the drugs will you see a change in her. All those drugs can be used daily and a person can still function perfectly fine. This is one of the reasons people choose to do these drugs opiates will make a person happy and high yet no one around them can tell they are even under the influence unlike drugs such as alcohol. I was on heroin heavily for years and I still went out everyday with a chainsaw and heavy machinery and got my job done always putting in 110% effort and I was a better worker than anyone in my company I was the only one they let go out by themselves with a chainsaw because I knew what I was doing. Meanwhile I was constantly shooting up heroin getting my truck every few hours to shoot up were daily occurrences.

Im sorry to hear about your mom it is horrible to watch the person that gave us life be addicted to drugs or just plain miserable while there is little we can do to help them. Its a pretty helpless feeling I know this first hand. I've taken care of my mother since I was 14 or so paying the bills/rent etc. Because she is too sick in the head to work she has so many mental issues stemming from the horrible stuff my dad did to her leaving unable to function let alone hold down a job.

I've watched my mom up through benzo withdrawal many times and she was even popping 50 pills of codiene and acetaminophen everyday without me knowing for probably a decade. She talks a lot about killing herself lately and is always miserable but I can't do anything because she doesn't want to help herself or she simply can't.

Its a rough go but keep your head up try to focus on YOUR life the best you can I know this is easier said than done but we can't be much help when our mom won't let anyone help. Mothers seem to think they are only hurting themselves dping this but they don't realise how deeply it affects the people who love them to have to watch them suffer and be slowly killing themselves while we can't do anything about it. Its harder for the loved ones because usually we are not the ones doing the drugs so when we feel bad we don't use drugs to feel better we just get to feel bad.

Last edited: