PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need urgent help - my dog has taken aMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmacophore

Greenlighter
Urgently need your help - we believe that our dog has taken approximately 5-10mg of aMT. She is on prescription Tramadol. Can you give us any advice???

Hi, welcome to PD / bluelight :)

We have rules against pretending that someone or something else is the focus of discussion rather than yourself, there is no legal point to doing that anyway.
So assuming that it's not actually a dog, we can continue?

Tramadol has SRI effects that make combining it with serotonergic drugs potentially dangerous, apparently you know this and it's why you are asking for urgent attention. So, are there worrisome symptoms - ones that are listed under serotonin syndrome if you look that up?
The dose of AMT is quite low so that is a good thing, the dose of tramadol would also be relevant. Of course if the symptoms are worrisome enough seek medical attention... if everything seems perfectly fine you just ought to avoid situations like this in the future and ride it out...

best of luck

Solipsis, I'm inclined to believe it actually could be a dog considering it was only 5-10mg. What person would ever dose only 5-10mg, if not for an allergy test, which wouldn't be attempted if on Tramadol?

Yes, tramadol is used for veterinary pain control.

I don't know what you can do other than get them to the vet... or wait it out.

How on earth did your dog ingest such a specifically small amount of aMT?

Assuming this is real, just let her ride it out. WTF do you think a vet or anybody else could do for him? Nobody even knows much about the effects of AMT. My guess either she'll pull through unscathed or she'll die. Next time don't leave your drugs around where Fido can get them. Unfortunately, I don't know how to induce vomiting in a dog, other than when they make themselves vomit by eating grass. At least my dog did that.

Incidentally, when I was investigating various drugs in a university library many years ago to try to find an interesting one to make I found an article that mentioned AMT and it said it produced "blood dyscrasias". I remember it because it looked like a simple compound to make but after reading that I decided against pursuing it. Here's the definition;

blood dyscrasias (diskrā´zhēz),
n the pathologic conditions or disorders such as leukemia or hemophilia in which the constituents of the blood are abnormal or are present in abnormal quantity. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/blood+dyscrasias

Point being, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know how serious the particular blood dyscrasias were, it didn't elaborate, but I wouldn't really want to find out the hard way.

Last edited:
Do dogs take tramadol?
I've seen dogs wearing Fentanyl patches (Poor things).. Peroxide down his throat will induce vomiting (Cap full of it).. A vet will likely sedate him / her with a barbiturate, and monitor it. I wouldn't risk my dog taking a drug, then NOT going straight the fuck to the vet..

My friend's dog ate about 7 cubes of some kind of nBOME, thankfully he didn't die but he whimpered on the bed for an incredibly long time. I was very upset, I love animals so much

It lived and was fine though, as far as I know

So wait, we're all agreed then that OP was referring in fact to a dog and not his or herself?

If the dogs been taking the tram for a while it's probably used to feeling a bit trippy.

I'd be concerned if a human took both tramadol and AMT (with its inherent MAOi properties) so I would certainly assume the dog may encounter some problems from this.

I don't know the circumstances of these types of situations but I think its sloppy and highly irresponsible to bring about any situation where a living being is accidentially ingesting a powerful drug. That said, I had my dog prescribed tramadol so perhaps I'm being a fucking hypocrite. :\

I agree that it was probably irresponsibility that lead to this, but accidents do happen. Years ago a friend's dog consumed a tab of LSD. It was the type of dog where if something hit the floor, the dog would eat it instantly.

The dog ended up being fine though.

Of course, accidents do happen but we can attempt to minimise them. Taking the precaution to prevent a certain type of accident that a certain member of the family will certainly respond to in a regrettable way. But even with our best intentions....

And that's the last anyone eve heard from the OP. I'm guessing he went to the vet and told him his dog ate a research chemical and the vet then called the cops, who then sent the SWAT team to his house and they shot his dog, as SWAT teams just love to do, and took him to jail. The lesson here? Keep your drugs in a lockbox and keep the lockbox in a safe and keep the safe in a secret chamber under the basement floor.

Last edited:
Guys we ended up phoning the Veterinary Poison Emergency Centre who gave us advice as to the likelyhood of serotonin syndrome occurring which turned out to be quite low. According to the Poison Centre The aMT amplified the effect of her scripted Tramadol which essentially knocked her out after the stimulation of the aMT had worn off but we monitored her breathing throughout the night as she also has a heart murmur.

We know she must have taken a small amount as she licked a surface on a table that was being used to prepare dosages.

This has been a huge learning curve in terms of responsibility with drugs. Thanks for all your advice guys.

good thing your dog is ok

do you think she had a good time or felt anything at all? im so curious

Well sorry not believing there was actually a dog involved and im glad it turned out okay. Everybody please be careful with your pets :)

Something dog-owners might wish to know:

iamthesuck said:
I was browsing the now closed thread about someone's dog eating AMT. The thing to do if a dog eats something it ought not (drugs, chocolate) is to make it vomit by squirting 3% hydrogen peroxide down it's throat. This should not be done in cases like the dog eating something abrasive like a brillo pad (it happens weirdly enough) or corrosive things like drain cleaner. Just in case another instance happens where the dog eats a gram of someone's 2C-x. It could really save the animal's life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.