• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV Help & tips

Crack Wizard

Greenlighter
My friend asked for help seeing as I already have an account, I thought i'd ask for him. (note; he uses 1ml insulin BD-microfine pins)

When he's looking for a vein, got a tourniquet on, enters the pin and sees no blood so he tries pulling the plunger back a little, nothing, then i start to pull it out and because the plunger is still a little back, it draws back a little blood, this doesn't mean he's in a vein does it? Seems to be just a small amount of blood outside of the vein maybe. Sometimes this happens so much the solution is so dark he can't even see if a plume has come through when the plungers pulled, and it's understandably very frustrating. That's usually wasted :\

Forgetting that problem about lack of visibility, when doing a fresh shot, what can he do to stop this happening? He just needs some general tips on 'finding/(hitting)' a vein. He's read big threads on bluelight & drugs-forum and other sites alike that instruct on what to do. It's not that he doesn't know how, just that some occasions when he does it, it can take countless tries to find a vein, where the problem above occurs and it's wasted. He's going to stop pulling the plunger back a little to test when it's really unlikely he's even in a vein, because usually you get a small bit of blood come through without even touching the plunger.

He also heat's up the arm either with a hot towel or simply a room-heater, as he's read this dilates the veins and makes them easier to hit

wow! do not take this as me being condescending; i am really trying to help possibly save your life. first i advise you and your friend to put down the needle. you obviously are new to the IV ROA. think long and hard about what you are doing to your life and what will become from using needles? probably death... in the past year i have known 12 people who died from heroin. like WTF!!! some i didnt know that well, but used with them once or twice, a couple i know well but not that well, and then one was a really good friend.

make sure you are always doing test shots before you take your "nod" dose. do a small amount of heroin first, and when you push the plunger only push half way down and wait 30-60 seconds before finishing or pulling out and saving it for later. you have NO clue how strong your heroin will be, or if it that brown/white powder in the baggie is actually heroin.

okay to answer your question, has your friend being going in the same place multiple times? if you hit a site too many times, you will get phlebitis ( inflammation of your veins) and you wont be able to draw blood. does your friend use new and clean syringes every time he does a shot? using new needles makes registering 1000 times easier, trust me!!

when you get your shot in your hand, swipe the site you want to go with alcohol swab, angle it about a little less than 45 degrees( or whatever feels most comfortable) and right when the needle pierces the skin, pull back. this will create a vacuum in your barrel so when you hit a vein blood will automatically enter into your syringe. i like to pull back a little more to make sure im in, but right when you see that blood silhouette you can push on the plunger.

REMEMBER to rotate injection locations. always chose different veins, different parts of your body (STAY above the waist, but ankles are okay) NEVER GO INTO YOUR NECK. practice good HR. clean syringes everytime, alcohol swabs, neosporin for missed shots and to heal track marks, clean cookers (things you use to mix the heroin solution and draw up) . i need to say you should use a micron filter but unless you are near a needle-exchange, i highly doubt you will actually use one. so make sure to NEVER share your cottons, NEVER share your cookers, NEVER NEVER NEVER share needles. also if you are using crack or methamphetamine along with you heroin, you will have a harder time registering to redose because stimulants constrict your blood vessels. cocaine especially can make it hard to hit after you already hit once . try not to use a tourniquet, your a new to injecting drugs and your veins are probably all nice, plump, and very visible. never share tourniquets either. iif you have to use one, use one like showed in this thread. everything you need to know is in here....

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ation-MEGATHREAD-and-FAQ-II-show-me-the-blood

Last edited:
I had this same problem when i started.. dont really seem to have it anymore. I guess u just need to watch how ur goin in (along the vein not straight down), and drink A LOT of water bout an hr b4 u try to hit... if ur dehydrated ur blood wont be flowing too fast, it will b rather slow and ull get what u got where the blood jut barely inches out... but remember that could also b from hitting the smaller vessels under ur skin that are not ur veins