• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos run out of benzo's for taper what to do now

foolsgold

Bluelighter
right being trying to get clean of this monkey on my back for some time but and was doing well but i have now go the problem of almost there but run out thanks to some nasty selfish sod stealing the last of my stash

thing is the the doctor wont give me a script and ive no money to by any more any ideas as what to do about this

Well, I've never been addicted to benzos or suffered withdrawal so I'm no expert on the subject, but could alcohol help as a short term measure? I mean, alcohol's also gabaergic and there's a cross tolerance so in theory it should help.. But as I say, I've not been there myself and don't know whether there's any particular risk in consuming alcohol during benzo WD.

I believe alcohol lowers the seizure threshold making it potentially dangerous during benzo w/d's. OP, it looks like your only option is to seek emergency care depending on the size of your habit. I'm in the same boat, I have ~100 mgs of diclazepam left and my vendor just died(R.I.P.)

Using alcohol is a bad idea. Short half life, rebound anxiety/depression, etc. What were your doses/duration of use OP? Need more info.

I gotta weigh in with my recent experience. I used benzos, pregabalin, and gabapentin-rotating them for about 5 months. When I stopped I tried to taper with alcohol, used too much and became completely psychotic. I had to call the hospital after I tried a 600 mg dxm dose out of desperation to alleviate the symptoms. I got picked up by the ambulance after no one I knew would call the hospital.

I think I did the right thing. My strong advice is not to use alcohol because it made things so so much worse for me. I would go to the ER if I didn't have any money and get some help. I know that I couldn't handle it on my own in the end. I am on a diazepam 7 day medical taper. I am going to AA again after a staggering failure. Please get some professional help.

I thought I could taper on my own with alcohol. It was extremely ugly with complete psychosis when I've never been psychotic before. It was the scariest experience of my life. I don't think I will ever use benzos again. They work too well for people with anxiety. It was almost impossible to stop using. I hope I can.

^Also lowers your seizure threshold while not even working on the same receptors subtype.

Theanine or Kava. Preferably Kava since it has anti-convulsant properties.