• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you take valium with Norspan (bupe) patches?

are21

Greenlighter
Can you take valium with Norspan (buprenorphine) patches?

Is it safe to take half a valium (5mg) while wearing a Norspan 10 patch? Also can you drink while you have a patch on? Or also take ambien?

Last edited:
I would say if bupe makes you high you need to be careful; but if it just makes you 'normal' then you should be fine. 5mg of valium is a pretty safe amount of a benzo to be taking.

FWIW: I frequently use bupe when I'm tapering off gear and whilst on it I often drink like a fish and take loads more benzos than that. Never ran into a problem.

Xanax + heroin is a whole other story.

5MG is safe, but if you're wearing the patch and you drink plus take the benzo make sure you just are aware of how you feel because they all can synergize and get you more fucked up than normal.

If you're tolerant to either one by itself there's no reason to be concerned, you can take your normal dosages. If you don't regularly use either of them I'd take half what you normally would with the Valium since I'm not sure if you could halve the patch. With buprenorphine there's a low risk for respiratory depression vs other opioid + benzo combos so it's pretty safe together, but it's best to take it slow anyway.