• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyway to raise ones cannabis tolerance without being high all day?

dankplantgrower

Bluelighter
I meet a lot of people (and see a lot of posters in these threads) who complain of being overwhelmed or panicky when they smoke weed, usually without a tolerance. Many people I meet smoked in their younger days, and try to smoke nowadays to enjoy that weed high, but have bad experiences instead. Im wondering if theres a way to build someones tolerance enough so that they can smoke, without unpleasant effects in the process.

Do any of you guys think smoking a fat bowl JUST before bed at night might be a possible solution? Like those last few moments before you roll over and pull the blankets up for sleep, take a couple fat pulls and close your eyes? My thinking is that this way, they dont have anything to be anxious or panicky about, theyre just moments from sleep, and can sleep relaxed. While building something of a tolerance as well. Possibly even a strong edible an hour or so before bed, and go to sleep before it hits you. There might be something of a slight "hangover" possible in the morning but if they get a solid 8 hour sleep, I doubt theyll be under the influence that much. Im wondering if this could build a tolerance enough after a couple weeks so that they could toke up comfortably any time.

Id really like my girlfriend to toke with me like she used to years ago, but she takes 1 puff and turns into a mess nowadays. I miss sitting around stoned with her and having a great time watching funny shows and munching ridiculous. I believe if I can get her a tolerance again I could get those good times back, I just dont know how to go about doing it. Thanks for reading and all who respond.

Some people are just not built to smoke weed. Sometimes it builds up over time until, tolerance or not, anxiety raises its head after a puff. Personally weed doesn't make me sleepy, only hyperactive, so smoking after 6pm means I won't sleep for hours.

Don't fight it, just accept it. At least you have a designated driver to take you for a food run

Hmmm.

I think the bowl-a-night thing would raise her tolerance, definitely. Not sure if it would raise to where you want it to be, though.

I see you're in CA, I take it you've got a med card? See if you can get a hold of some high CBD medicinal product to gradually raise her tolerance to the drug. It's a shot in the dark from me, but I figure it can't hurt trying and, from what I understand, a CBD-heavy high is much less intense than trippin' out on some Girl Scout Cookies or something.

Yeah, I started smoking when I was 15, but not too often, and even then I'd smoke good shit and never get panic attacks. After college is when my weed smoking really took off, smoking at least a quarter of MMJ every day, and at least 3 grams of hash oil every day. This cost me an insane amount of money, and I may or may not have been the only person ever physically addicted to weed, as I went into fits of puking and dysphoria after I would try to quit for t breaks. Then one day I went to take my first toke, and I had insane anxiety, and of course didn't even have any sort of high to make it better due to my massive tolerance. After a week of smoking 10+ times per day and getting panicky each time, I decided to quit smoking weed. With the help of amphetamine, benzos, and opiates taken daily for 3 weeks, I quit smoking weed and never (well once or twice) looked back. About a year after I quit I tried smoking oil again, and once again just got the insane panic attack, but also got so high I just took a benzo and went to sleep as it was uncomfortable.

It's weird, because I always told myself I was never going to do any drug but weed, and now I slam huge amounts of oxycodone every day into my arm, as weed gives me crazy panic attacks.

I know correlation does not mean causation, but a lot of my friends who started smoking at 15 and under also started getting panic attacks and either sobered up or moved onto other drugs. This may just be even more proof that weed is not good for developing brain, as I'd say 70% of people that I smoked with in middle school or high school either now use opiates due to panic attacks, or still smoke and talk about "quitting" because of it each time. I'm convinced that its because smoking so much so young caused some type of reaction in our brains.

Yes I do have a medical card, I probably have to look around to other clinics though because my shop only specializes in extra heavy Indica flowers or "flavor of the week" strains like the Girl Scout Cookies you mentioned, the latest OGs, etc. It sucks because CA law prohibits speaking about medicine over the phone so I cant just call them and ask if they have any specialty CBDs. And another thing, the pot shops tend to try and hire gorgeous young women to entice the males to their shops. Unfortunately, many are young airheads who arent very knowledgeable in the finer points of medicine. Not always of course, but at least 2/3rd of the time at the shops in my area youre dealing with someone who doesnt know enough about the strains to offer you one with extra CBD, or something for sleep, or something light and speedy you can work on, etc.

Im thinking about getting her to have a couple beers or wine, then pack like half of a hit of some of the weaker stuff. I just so happen to have some lighter stuff that I can work all day on without getting all stoned and bogged down. I just really hope the half hit isnt too strong because it really sucks to see her freaking out for 2 hours, especially when were just trying to have a good time. Thanks for the replies all and anyone with more suggestions.

I'd get a cheap mg scale and weigh each dose. Try starting with 10mg or so and burn off any residue on the screen before using it.

I got a pretty crazy sensitivity to weed too after smoking heavy for several years in my late teens-early 20's, started again a couple of years ago and found I could get nicely high with a tiny pinch of hash in a pipe, or a little in a single-skin tobacco joint and take like 2 hits and put it out. I weighed a piece like I'd put in the pipe and it was about 10mg.

So you might be suprised how little it could take to get her comfortably high, forget half a hit or packing anything, try dropping like half a sugar leaf or 2-3 individual tiny flowers in the bowl. Can always smoke a little more if nothing happens after 20-30 min.

Salutations DankPlantGrower,

...smoke, without unpleasant effects...

Well i'm a long-term former hashish smoker and hence this part of the quote sounds quite like a paradox to me as i simply can't think of such smoke!! Sorry.

33.gif

I vaporize instead. =D

...a fat bowl JUST before bed... Possibly even a strong edible...

I'd sure pass smoke right before bed, no thanks! By chance there's cannabic cookies which take effect past 30 ~ 45 minutes or so.

There might be something of a slight "hangover" possible in the morning...

The last time i happened to fall asleep from eating cannabic cookies i woke up with my sense feeling a bit too sharp, on the contrary, so i lighted up my pipe and all was good then.

%)

...wondering if this could build a tolerance enough after a couple weeks so that they could toke up comfortably any time.

Typically i get my best tokes after a T-Break, tolerance build up isn't something i'd promote in order to fix over-reacting issues but that's me. Perhaps young persons are being more influenced by the euphorisant cannabis effects than people of my age, maybe the girl is getting wilder simply because she's exploring new mind states and came to like those novel sensations... Humans must learn to crawl before they can dance after all!

Have you seriously considered High-CBD strains for comparison purposes?

...she takes 1 puff and turns into a mess...

This could be an opportunity to embrace an healthier life-style using more aroma-therapy and less smoke.

Once in a while some changes in life prove beneficial in the long run, it could be one of those times.

Good day, have fun!
67.gif

^ I think that's a good way to approach it.
Less is more, and you might make the potential for anxiety worse by going for large "just before bed" doses.

I have been through a similar thing to your girlfriend - I used to be an enthusiastic pot head, but whenever I'd stop for a while and come back to it, I'd get the fear until I'd built up a tolerance again. Nothing to do with "some people shouldn't smoke" (although I don't deny that this is true for some people - it is just much more enjoyable to smoke weed with a tolerance than without.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the old "set and setting" applies just as much in this case - and of cannabis generally - as it does for any other psychedelic drug. Weed can be a pretty damn intense drug; just less so for people that get high all the time.

And another thing, the pot shops tend to try and hire gorgeous young women to entice the males to their shops. Unfortunately, many are young airheads who arent very knowledgeable in the finer points of medicine. Not always of course, but at least 2/3rd of the time at the shops in my area youre dealing with someone who doesnt know enough about the strains to offer you one with extra CBD, or something for sleep, or something light and speedy you can work on, etc.

Sounds like having to buy from fools considered "street dealers," really. I found that once I find a dealer I trust to at least know what he has, it's easy as hell to find out whether or not I want what they've got. Leafly is pretty amazing for that.

If you want to go the CBD route and since you can't ask over the phone, check out this website if you haven't already: http://listing.canorml.org/medical-marijuana-collectives-in-california/

Search your area, find dispensaries with websites and check out their menu. From what I understand, the menus are rarely all-inclusive for a particular dispensary but they tend to be updated often with the place's most popular products. I tried doing it for you, man, but I learned real quick that Inland Empire isn't searchable as a city, lol.

Thanks for the pointers, the clinics you linked to the opposite end of my state though. The Inland Empire is a grouping of cities in a valley about 45 minutes south of Los Angeles give or take. I think Im going to go to one of the more expensive clinics out of town that tests their meds through StrainLabs and such, they provide THC and CBD count but the price can be a pain. Im going to go though with whichever strain has the highest CBD content there.

Well Im not too picky about their lack of knowledge, I know whats dank. And seems like most "top shelf" at these shops is guaranteed solid anyway its more of what you prefer really. Id place them above street dealers in the sense that street dealers are often associated with gangs and the endless negativity that comes with that shit.

Anyway my lady took a hit of flower right before we laid down for Zs last night, and snuggled up and hugged me kind of closer than usual for awhile. I dont think she panicked or had much anxiety because she settled in pretty cozy and knocked out before I did. Her eyes were a little baggy this morning when she was getting ready for work though this morning I noticed. She said she felt rested though. Ill probably ask her to take another little hit again tonight, and go from there. I eventually intend to do what the poster Skillet suggested and drop a couple small calyxes into a bowl for her a bit earlier in the night and see how she reacts. We used to have such great fun. I just hope she hasnt "outgrown" it so to speak.

Thanks for the input all.

Hi again DankPlantGrower,

...a couple small calyxes into a bowl...

What a nice way to put it! That imagery feels so poetic!!

I wouldn't have imagined the calyxe as a trading unit in some potential future where the anti-cannabic war is over, but i wish i did because i love the idea! Flower power indeed... We'd buy dry cannabis calyxes like we do eggs: small, medium, large, Omega-3... THC-dominant, CBD-dominant, etc., and so much more.

Not to mention micro-dosed delivery methods which are about to become available under the form of convenient pocket vaporizers. For example:

4ILldT0.jpg

Purified cannabic compounds are deposited on a polyimide support, possibly integrating the heater element, etc., whatever. It's about tens of milligrams per dose as i recall...

Now with precision-dosage like that my bet is we'd get less negative experiences, hopefully.

Good day, have fun! =D

The cannabis buds are composed of calyxes Jibuld. If youve seen a newly budding female plant, they put out those tear drop shaped pieces of bud, called calyxes, at first before they start chunking up into the thicker buds we love towards harvest.

I agree that would indeed be a precise way to dose for people sensitive to cannabis, egzoset, thanks for stopping in. Around here many potheads carry "Wax pens" which are about the width and length of a marker but half as slim, contains a heating element (red hot coil) that burns the wax in small controlled bursts. Conserves and easy to conceal anywhere. You can find them for like 15 bucks on Amazon.

To the OP - You're probably smoking dank, or hydro etc. I would try to get weak weed like Cess or some cheap homegrown, stuff that isn't strong. Even weak hash really. 2 puffs now and I'm decent on weak bud.
I found over the years sitting around with people just smoking huge amounts was actually kind of terrible. I like smoking by myself and just doing whatever, I'm not a big fan of this expectation of a big session and getting terrible anxiety. Some people are like that, or just get over smoking weed. Weedheads put large pressure on others to smoke strong weed or large amounts. I think the biggest thing is to get rid of anxiety you have to smoke weed when you want to smoke it, not when someone else does.

Weed also loses its charm with age, to some. I find now that I'm super OCD on cleaning after being lazy as a pothead. Its kinda of a dirty drug.

The cannabis buds are composed of calyxes Jibuld. If youve seen a newly budding female plant, they put out those tear drop shaped pieces of bud, called calyxes, at first before they start chunking up into the thicker buds we love towards harvest.

I agree that would indeed be a precise way to dose for people sensitive to cannabis, egzoset, thanks for stopping in. Around here many potheads carry "Wax pens" which are about the width and length of a marker but half as slim, contains a heating element (red hot coil) that burns the wax in small controlled bursts. Conserves and easy to conceal anywhere. You can find them for like 15 bucks on Amazon.

#TheMoreYouKnow

I've never even heard the word before.

Vape pens are cool. I don't have access to extracts/concentrates, though, and I feel like I'd wear out one with herb way faster than I should. Also, I fuckin' love smoking. It'll probably be the death of me somehow, lol.

there isn't really a way to build a tolerance to a substance other than repeated exposure to said substance. It is the active and continued presence of a substance that your body starts adjusting to and hence tolerence.

I think the solution is for her to take smaller hits if she still wants to smoke and hang out, but there is no reason she has to be smoking as much as everyone else to be having fun. I don't like people who drink a lot and make everyone drink as much as they do and the same is true with weed.

I was smoking all day every day for years and weed was always anti anxiety for me. Stopped smoking for 2+ years and when I came back I tried smoking a whole bowl when one small hit is really all one needs. I got uncomfortably high, had anxiety and felt a panic attack coming on but then told myself chill the fuck out. So I started smoking very small amounts daily and I'm back to where weed is nice and relaxing for me again.

Pretty sure your right Egzo... Funny how sex organs usually relate to aphrodisiacs. Definitely try something with CBD.... It reduces a lot of the mental fog that cannabis causes. It doesn't eliminate it completely though

Salutations Tacodude,

Definitely try something with CBD...

It's on my to-do list as well as i had too short of a glipse at it, so i wish i could try some more, thinking the same dry flowers can't be 20 % THC and another 20 % CBD simultaneously! After decades of careful genetic selection the THC vs CBD natural balance must be offset so i'm more than open to additional experiments... Even CBD gum would do i suppose.

=D