• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV drugs/rinses/cotton shots

I refuse to as i am too scared of getting cotton fever again. Got it once back in the day after rinsing a bunch of cottons which i had done 100's of times before but this time it got me and i vowed to never rinse cottons ever again, and so far i have stuck to my word.

IF you air them out it is okay. You risk cotton fever if left in dirty places. I normally place mine in a bag and leave it open. I actually just got beat by my regular dude. They sold all their customers salt and then all phones got disconnected. I hate this about the dope game. So i end up getting a little sick because I have been chipping the last two weeks. This would have been my fourth day in a row. I had 7 cottons saved from the last 2 days and I purposely didnt suck up all the dope in case this happened. those 7 got me high. thank god

Cotton rinses of any type of drug usually end up really disappointing me, I don't ever even bother anymore. I have done this so many times, especially after a shot of coke... when I run out and I am losing it and will do almost anything for more, oh iv coke... the most addicting fucking high there is, 10 mins of the best rush ever then multiple hours, sometimes days spent chasing the first high/rush from that first blast and getting no more than paranoid, fiendish, and having your heart feel like its going to fly out of your body. Dilaudid too, since it is basically like the "crack of opiates" as some put it, which is a very good way to put it. I used to bang dillies like crazy sometimes mixed with oxy or h to give me that insanely awesome rush and add some legs to the high from the oxy/h. As far a the risnses went, the cocaine cotton rinses wouldn't do a damn thing most of the time, or just tease me. However the dilly/oxy/h cotton rinses if I saved up enough of the cottons would actually work, I mean I got myself well enough to function most of the time if I had enough saved up, and actually got a nice high a couple times doing this. I would store them in my freezer to keep them from getting as dirty from being left out in the open, luke warm atmosphere. As far as saving bupe cotton rinses, this is useless for the most part, however if you take them and put them under your tongue instead of trying to bang them, that has worked before for me, albeit not nearly as well, but it did work.

Also to Iwantobreakfree, I feel your pain on the getting sold salt instead of H thing. I have been given a wide array of various cuts like flour, salt, soap, baking soda, and lots of other shit. I have even had people more than once, give me a bag that had either coke or H in it, with something else put in there that was just bullshit, to make it smell right, and I was convinced a couple times by this and believed it was my DOC, then would get home or wherever to do it, and find out it wasn't real, it just smelled real because there was coke/H residue in there before... Worst feeling ever!!! being dopesick and getting robbed, and having no more money to go to someone else. I mean it could be worse, but that shit does suck.. BAD.

bacteria grows on used cottons like wildfire spreads in a dry forest.

i know people do it, but it really isnt healthy. a good way to get your self seriously ill. MRSA is not a fun disease.

Holy shit, no it's not! I've come close to dying twice because of it. Not to mention all the times I've gotten cotton fever which is horrifying in its own special way. It's not worth it to mess around too much with cottons, although I will admit there has been at least one occasion during which a bunch of dope cottons got me well - maybe even a little high, and I was feeling so sick.

If you're going to rinse anything out of a cotton just do it immediately after you do your shot. Be careful, probably stay on the safe side and don't do it.

On getting sold sugar instead of dope, I had a similar experience getting sold a piece of tootsie roll instead of tar. I felt so stupid and angry, and then sick. Worst time buying shit ever, it really gave me some conviction later for when I finally decided to give it up and stop using.

Let this be a lesson to you all:

Of all of the hundreds of rinses I've ever done, all of the fleeting, placebo "high" I ever got all put together wasn't worth just ONE case of cotton fever, which I've had probably 20-25 times in my life.

Fuck that shit, fuck the back splitting bone and joint aches, and the shivering and numb fingers. Not worth it unless you squirt part of your hit back in the cotton before fixing...

Maybe I missed it or maybe it's not common practice (or maybe it's so common no one brought it up?) but I would saturate the cotton prior to using it with sterile water so it soaks up less product, pull up all solution, and then squeeze while pulling up the remainder off the cotton leaving the cotton mostly dry. Toss the cotton.

I can count a few times that washes/rinses actually did much for me, and only several times can I ever remember them actually getting me high as an actual full dose shot, unless I purposely left them wet and had a bunch accumulated.

Have most definitely gotten the majority of my cotton fever experiences from them.

Most definitely prime breeding grounds for bacteria, fungii, protozoan, whatever great microbes would just love to explore your bloodstream and multiply.

Is it possible to get high from washes, yes, indeed when enough is saved those small percentages of the drug left inside add up. Is it worth it? Most certainly the risks outweigh the rewards by far. It's not worth it.

I like what Raysu said above, squirt sterile water on, draw up shot, squeeze cotton, draw up remaining couple units until cotton /filter dry, TOSS COTTON.

it does suck bad as fuck being stuck dope sick To the point where you're mashing cottons around hoping you have enough leftovers to get well. 9/10 though, rinses if they did anything really pretty much maybe only held me an hour or two, and I am right back at square one. Best thing to do is like mentioned, if you can, let little leftovers from bags accumulate. Its pretty much like saving cottons anyway, you're just saving small amounts. Or, just create a withdrawal arsenal, a kit comprised of those medications used for opiate withdrawal, like subs/bupe, gabapentin/lyrica, loperamide, clonidine, promethazine, etc.... Etc... Those methods beat rinses any day. But I know you can't have shit all the time, that's what sux about being an addict unfortunately, and inevitably engage in these harmful behaviors at some point.

Let this be a lesson to you all:

Of all of the hundreds of rinses I've ever done, all of the fleeting, placebo "high" I ever got all put together wasn't worth just ONE case of cotton fever, which I've had probably 20-25 times in my life.

Fuck that shit, fuck the back splitting bone and joint aches, and the shivering and numb fingers. Not worth it unless you squirt part of your hit back in the cotton before fixing...

Qft

I used to also swear by my cotton rinses for all my opioid's but for some reason I became super sensitive to cotton fever and have gotten it almost 3 dozen times in the past 2 years. So I don't do it anymore. It's to dangerous to waste my time with it.

They really need to change the name from cotton fever to something like, "bacteria that has grown inside of your old nasty ass cotton fever." Rinse the cottons with rubbing alcohol, smash it out into your cooker or whatever. Do it again.. and again until they are void of dope. Let the alcohol evaporate. Add your saline solution and go.