• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can I take heroine after taking subutex not suboxone

It doesn't matter if its subutex or suboxone they are both the same thing the naloxone is inactive in suboxone.
But yes you can take heroin AFTER the subutex/suboxone no problem the only thing thqat may happen is the heroin high will not be as great because the subutex is blocking the high from the heroin you may feel some of the heroin or you may not feel anything at all from the heroin. You shouldn't take heroin first and then take the subutex because this can cause you to go into precipitated withdrawal which isn't fun its basically going from being high on heroin to being sicker than you've ever been in 5 seconds, quite a shock on the human body.

And by the way this isn't the place for this question this part of bluelight is for asking questions related to the site.
If you go to the other drugs section then to the suboxone / buprenorphine megathread you will find everything you need to know about subutex/suboxone.

@trainspotter is correct... It's the "high affinity" of buprenorphine itself that can precipitate withdrawal in folks who are maintained on full opioids. The naloxone (in theory) is inactive unless Suboxone (or now Zubsolv) is injected. When taken properly under the tongue the naloxone remains "inactive" and only very, very small amounts even make it into the blood stream. So, in short, if you take a full opioid (like heroin) AFTER taking Subutex or Suboxone you won't go into withdrawals, per se (like you would if you took Subutex or Suboxone AFTER taking heroin), but you likely wont "feel" much of anything either.

I hope this makes sense.

I've shot up .4 after.. 3 hours after taking my sub.. No negatives for me.. I honestly think people tale this PWD to their head and think it will happen 100% of the time.. Mix dones + subs = pwd;opiates+sub/done NEVER got it.
If taken Subs after my heroin gone was, too.. Still, nothing..

^^°°its not that it doesn't exist it just seems some are more prone to it than others for instance I can do heroin then 4 hours later I can take a Suboxone and be fine but I have seen people wait 24 hours after doing their dope to take a Suboxone yet still went into precipitated withdrawal even after waiting that long. It depends on a lot of factors how fast your metabolism is what dose of heroin and Suboxone you are taking, how you take your suboxone(Iv or sublingual)etc. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist we are jist the lucky ones who haven't had any issues with it.

I've shot up .4 after.. 3 hours after taking my sub.. No negatives for me.. I honestly think people tale this PWD to their head and think it will happen 100% of the time.. Mix dones + subs = pwd;opiates+sub/done NEVER got it.

Exactly... which is what I said. If you do the heroin AFTER the buprenorphine then you won't get "sick" (probably a waste of dope, though)... It's if you have been doing heroin and then do the SUBUTEX (or Suboxone) AFTER the heroin that there would be problems.

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned yet that's relevant is that it very much depends on the dose of Buprenorphine you're consuming as to whether or not it'd be a reasonable idea to take another opiate/opioid after it.

First of all, as others have said and as you probably know, taking another opiate/opioid first, and then taking Buprenorphine, will almost always result in precipitated withdrawals, and as such if you plan to take another opiate then be careful and give it some time before you take your Buprenorphine again (this is assuming you're using it regularly - if not, no worries).

It's also worth thinking about if it's worth doing or not, since if you're on Buprenorphine for maintenance, using on top of that is very likely to cause you to relapse and slip back into an old habit, is that a risk you're willing to take?

If you're set on doing it if you can, then we need to look at the dosage as I said before. You said you've taken 2mg Buprenorphine, that's not a dose at which Buprenorphine is fully blocking other opiates, so yes you'll be fine to take Heroin or another opiate and you should get high. Do expect the effects to be slightly reduced, but please don't over-compensate and up the dose, as the 2mg Buprenorphine will not be enough to block effects and save you from an overdose should you dose too much.

In my experience anything under than ~4mg or so Buprenorphine you can easily take other opiates on top, though I prefer to stick to 1.5mg or less if I'm going to do that, as at higher doses there is a fair bit of weakening that happens due to the Bupe. Over 4mg I simply wouldn't ever bother, and under 1mg there's so little Bupe that it might even potentiate the other opiate if you take a low dose.

Since my reply is a few days late, I assume you went ahead with it - how'd it go?

Just to be clear - this person barely sounds like they know what they're talking about.. The first part of this post indicates the full-agonist was taken AFTER the bupe.. Of course that doesn't cause PWD.

However, be very, very mindful of taking a suboxone dose if you're on a daily, full-agonist opiate/opiode. If you've ever OD'd and required naltraxone (or something) to wake you up and you feel brutally sick for about 30min, well - taking suboxone can make you feel like that for a lot longer than 30min.

It's worth getting into your head that it will happen 100% of the time, because it's that bloody awful when it does happen.

In my experience anything under than ~4mg or so Buprenorphine you can easily take other opiates on top

In my experience, the frequency of use (with bupe) has a huge impact on how long you'll need to wait.. For example, if you don't regularly take bupe, or any opiate (you may still have a small tolerance though) then you can take 2mg of bupe and in the same 24hour period get high off a fairly regular dose of heroin.

Whereas, if you're on bupe maintenance and you've taken 2mg of bupe every day for the last year, good luck getting high off dope if you've dosed in the last 24-48hours. That is my experience anyway.

I found, when taking daily 4-6mg doses, I'd have to wait WELL over 2 days to feel even huge doses of gear. And Anything 6mg+, forget about it completely.

Exactly as I thought took 2 mg then took gear few hours later took the pain away in my knee slight effect from H I am just sticking with a 2 mg subutex rather than 10x 60 mg dihrdrocodiene

The bupe have 36 half-life, when we take heroin on top, does it reduce the bupe half-life? Or the effect of the bupe is not "damaged" by the heroin?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/733282-Can-I-take-heroine-after-taking-subutex-no

The bupe have 36 half-life, when we take heroin on top, does it reduce the bupe half-life? Or the effect of the bupe is not "damaged" by the heroin?

Good question! How do the other narcotics affect the Bupe in the brain and in our body? Does it knock it off the receptors some? Does someone know how to explain this technically?? I take 8 mg Subutex 3x daily. I am wondering if a couple Norco would affect me if I skip a dose or 2?
Thanks!

Ya one time I was outta town and sick and desperate and wasn't thinking was being dumb
And I snorted a roxicodone 20mg an the two mins later snorted 4 mgs subutex and imidiatedly threw up an went into percipitated withdrawals and since I was outta town I had to get on an airplane and wait thru all the airport security dyin
I threw up on the plane and was sick throwin up every day for 10 days or Lil over 10 days. Was worse thing ever. And I thought normal withdrawal was bad

And I even lost a bunch of weight cuz I was throwin up an horribly sick couldn't eat for ten days

Don't ever take a sub right after u used another opiate / opioid.

I guess some people's bodies are different but it was pure hell...!!!!

And it's made me not want to travel (fly) for long time. And I get to fly for free cuz my mom works at our local airport.

Also didn't really sleep for 10 days either. Maybe three hrs in the whole 10 days somethin like that

Since this was an old thread that got bumped, don't blame me :D

You know, after years of knowing the answer I still want to ask "well what if I only took a sub once in the past four weeks, will dope work then?"

wishful thinking I reckon.

EDIT: referring to the sub I took at 3pm today EST when some fire diesel just showed up at my door.

I took my first Zubsolv at 12:00pm 4mg. No PWD . Then a few hours later I did some Heroin because I was still feeling like shit. It had no effect. Now I want to know how long I need to wait before taking another Zubsolv? Will I still have to wait to take another Zubsolv again to avoid PWD or no?

I took my first Zubsolv at 12:00pm 4mg. No PWD . Then a few hours later I did some Heroin because I was still feeling like shit. It had no effect. Now I want to know how long I need to wait before taking another Zubsolv? Will I still have to wait to take another Zubsolv again to avoid PWD or no?

If you didn't feel any effects from the heroin, then it likely did not make it to your receptors. You should be good to take more zub.

Now if you were still dependent on the heroin, and actually felt it's effects, you would have to start over with the 24+hour wait period to dose the zub again.

These are just from my experiences and situations I have observed others in.